ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 August 2017, 10:59 PM   #121
waspy1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mask1196 View Post
that is an awesome GS!!!! The bracelet is
Btw, what is the model ref?

Thanks, I really like it. The ref is SBGW005. It was replaced a few years ago by the SBGW035. I think the current ref will be the SBGW235 if it follows the GS number sequence for the non Seiko dials. For a few reasons, I prefer this original reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waspy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2017, 11:45 PM   #122
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by regnant View Post
Hey,

Thank you for your reply. I think they over engineered it. I can easily remove or add links in my Rolex watches easily without scratching the flanks of the bracelet or any other watch with screw links. I think they also look more solid, stout and robust when removed as opposed to flexibility of the link bars. At least it gives me that feeling.

Yes, they can get loose just in case I regularly check their tightness too

I destroyed screws in a Rolex trying to size the bracelet. I had no trouble sizing my GS bracelet, not a scratch. I am not sure what your complaint is but it is certainly minor in the overall design of a watch.

Old 31 August 2017, 06:21 AM   #123
teb1013
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have just got my first Grand Seiko but I think it will be last time. Although I love it in general due to crappy push in links with tubes on them it's very cheap and frustrating experience to re insert the links. Whereas it were a Swiss Brand for this price point it would come with proper screws that would not screw the enjoyment of the watch

I had to get a cheap little watch repair kit to get the little tools, but once I did sizing the GS band was no problem even though I dropped the tiny little tube a couple of times with the tweezers. It wouldn't dissuade me from buying another Grand Seiko.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
teb1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2017, 06:29 AM   #124
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
I have just got my first Grand Seiko but I think it will be last time. Although I love it in general due to crappy push in links with tubes on them it's very cheap and frustrating experience to re insert the links. Whereas it were a Swiss Brand for this price point it would come with proper screws that would not screw the enjoyment of the watch
Maybe the best solution is to ask a watchmaker to do it? Less hassle and what I always do...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2017, 11:22 AM   #125
southcarolina1801
"TRF" Member

Having just received my first Grand Seiko today, I can say with 100% confidence that they are worth every penny.

I am floored at the quality of the finishing and metal work. There is absolutely nothing like it, you have to see it to believe it.
southcarolina1801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2017, 01:38 PM   #126
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Yes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6215.jpg (109.6 KB, 213 views)
Old 1 October 2017, 12:48 AM   #127
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Like anything, it is a matter of perspective. If you look at all Seiko watches as a single level of quality based on the brand name, then get a seiko 5 (don’t even waste money on a presage). The only correlation between Presage and GS is Seiko. The remaining characteristics are undeniably different IMO. Unrelated, if I had to choose, I would keep my GS over my Rolex.

Many have said it in this post - all watches look the same. I think your rational holds true for every popular expensive watch - all of which have some cheaper homage version for 1/100 the price.

Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote