The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 10 October 2012, 05:21 PM   #151
MAJSmith
"TRF" Member

I realize this has been beat to death, but for my first post, I'd like to thank you all for turning me on to a possibly untrustworthy business. I was shopping for a GMT Master II and came across goldwatchco.com. My first instinct was to join this forum and cross-reference the business. I'm glad I did.
MAJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2013, 04:13 PM   #152
big_Texas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsmith View Post
i realize this has been beat to death, but for my first post, i'd like to thank you all for turning me on to a possibly untrustworthy business. I was shopping for a gmt master ii and came across goldwatchco.com. My first instinct was to join this forum and cross-reference the business. I'm glad i did.
ditto!
big_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2013, 05:45 PM   #153
Swift_Movement
Banned

Watch: The Throne
Wow I just read through this after it was revived today.

I believe that the two people who "vouched" for the store posting pictures of successful purchases are the same person as the Sam/owner guy. I believe there was only one individual involved with sending pictures and also on this forum and it was not an employee. It was the guy himself. Even by his own admittance its just TOO much to take your own pictures unless you have a high end camera???? The photoshopped building blew the lid off this thing.

Hope no one has been screwed over by this guy since this attempt
Swift_Movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2013, 04:33 AM   #154
Yanks213x
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m
It's a real shame how much scum is out there. People trying to rip off other people is just sickening. I'm glad I've joined this forum. I haven't bought a watch yet but I've been doing my homework. I've also been applying the same diligence that I put into to looking for the right watch into all big ticket items. Don't let people scam you just because you are new to what ever you may be looking at. It's so easy to think you're getting a good deal.

I recently went out looking at engagement rings.. Unbelievable what people try and sell you for huge prices. Thank god I have a family friend in the business who helped me out. Always look for advice or information before pulling the trigger.
Yanks213x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2013, 08:35 AM   #155
GlideLockHeadLock
Banned

Watch: Submariner116610LN
:chuckle :

Starting user names and giving your own company a review...twice.....PRICELESS!!!!!
GlideLockHeadLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2013, 09:17 AM   #156
figbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: tt GMT2c,Omega
Wow,IBTL.

p club member #9
figbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2014, 03:43 AM   #157
superfly

Guys I may be in trouble. I was trying to replace my Explorer 1 that I had to part with last year. Instead of buying a new one, I impulsively went for Goldwatch co without thinking things through. I bought a used explorer 1 14270.

I got the watch today and although everything looks legit, there was no card w/serial number. I emailed the sales address asking why this wasn't included but came with a big fancy diploma looking certificate with his name and company on it saying this was a genuine rolex.

Look, at this point I really don't give 2 shits if the watch was a display model that was returned 5 times. It looks to be real, if it is real I will be satisfied. On my way to the jewelers now to verify. The only sinking feeling I have is why don't they include the little card from rolex with the serial number? If it's no big deal, and the watch is real, then I don't care. Just wanted to know what you think about someone selling a purportedly real watch without that little card that my brand new explorer 1 came with.

Yes, I've already kicked myself silly five times.
superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2014, 06:00 AM   #158
drifter01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5500 Air-King
Maybe it isn't new....or maybe.....

Dave

Dave
Ace of Clubs
"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." - Hunter S. Thompson
drifter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2014, 09:46 AM   #159
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Very interesting reading. Good luck b
Old 4 August 2014, 01:22 PM   #160
iclick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizeal View Post
P.S. dont ever hijack my pics again
I know this is three years after the fact, but for future reference be advised that as the originator of the photo(s) in question you hold a copyright on them. Thus, using them without your consent is a copyright infringement and unlawful. You aren't required to apply for a copyright to be subject to this protection under the law.
iclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2014, 02:46 AM   #161
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
The only sinking feeling I have is why don't they include the little card from rolex with the serial number? If it's no big deal, and the watch is real, then I don't care. Just wanted to know what you think about someone selling a purportedly real watch without that little card that my brand new explorer 1 came with.
Not trying to defend goldwatchco but just because the warranty card is missing does not mean the watch is not authentic. Grey market dealers obtain their watches from authorized dealers at a steep discount which is forbidden by Rolex so some grey dealers keep the warranty card to protect the authorized dealers identity. On used watches, the prior owner occasionally withholds the warranty card/paper to protect their identity as well. Or it simply could have been lost or discarded. Not every Rolex owner is as fastidious as we are on the forum.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2015, 03:30 AM   #162
tl2000
"TRF" Member

Bumping this thread back up because these guys are still up to their same antics. I was looking for something else on Amazon and a "suggestion" popped up for a BLNR.

Seller GoldWatchCo has 5 up for sale for the low, low price of $9,385. Does anyone know of an AD that has 2 of these watches in stock, let alone 5?

That led me to this great thread.
tl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2015, 07:56 AM   #163
RolexEnthusiastMD
"TRF" Member

They've got a great 116233 two tone white face datejust on amazon brand new for 8995$ and i was about to order it. Thank god i ran a simple google search on goldwatchco before making the purchase. What a waste of 9 grand!!! Thanks TRF
RolexEnthusiastMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2015, 08:37 AM   #164
miller1952
"TRF" Member

This GoldsWatch guy gives me a great idea. My house needs a $10k roof. Why don't I just photoshop the roof and use the money to buy a Rolex?
miller1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2016, 10:49 AM   #165
RollyYYZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520, 116509
This is my first post on here, but I have used this site many times over the years for information. I find this site extremely helpful, and for the most part, the posts offer great help to those in need.

I am posting my thoughts and current experience on grey market watches and sellers. I find this site to be quite critical of them. While I have no doubt that there are some shady operators, I think that given this day and age, with the technology we have at our disposal, it is rather easy to find out the 'good' from the 'bad' retailers on here. I am in the process of buying a Rolex Daytona as I write this and will write follow-up posts as things progress.

The first point I want to make is that it is impossible for any grey market retailer, or even an authorized dealer, to have every model" in stock". The funds required to keep everything "in stock" makes this pretty much impossible. This is the major reason why there is a grey market in the first place. AD's can't afford to buy the minimum stock demanded by the Big Watch Manufacturers and must unload some inventory to grey market dealers to reduce their financial strain. So is it really a "surprise" when they do not have every watch model listed in stock? Just like buying a car with certain options, the dealer may not have that one in stock, but will check with other car dealers to see if that model is available. That is what grey market dealers do as well... contact other grey market dealers to see if that specific model exists and if it does, for what price can they get it for from that dealer. This is the reason why they ask for deposit from the customer before they buy the watch from the other dealer... they are not going to shell out thousands of $$$ for a watch until the buyer is committed. Of course, if you are not happy with this arrangement, keep looking for the original grey market owner of the watch... it's out there!

That said, it is completely wrong for grey market dealers to not be 100% truthful about whether or not they actually have the watch. They should be 100% truthful if they don't. I guess they are worried about losing the sale to another grey market retailer. Potential buyers should always ask the grey market retailer for a picture of the watch along with a piece of paper with your name and date written on it. This is the easiest and simplest way to know. (other than seeing it in person of course :)

The second point I want to bring up is that I contacted several highly rated and reviewed grey market watch dealers. I found their site/reviews from this site, Ebay, Amzon.com, Trustpilot, BBB to name a few. Hundreds or thousands of reviews for a given retailer can't be faked, so someone whining about a bad experience shouldn't deter you and should be expected. No store, brand or company has a 100% satisfaction record. Be smart, and use common sense... choose someone with thousands of reviews and close to 100% positive reviews if you are going to go the grey market route.

I will update on my experience soon... in the meantime, keep an open mind and I look forward to what others have to say.
RollyYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2016, 12:31 PM   #166
michael067
Banned

Watch: TT DJ 16233
michael067 is offline   Reply With Quote