The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 February 2019, 09:34 AM   #31
Junior_
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by KattenBaloo View Post
For a Sumbmariner date, black, in stainless steel?? From AD? Mission impossible, fake news et al....

No date. 114060. From an AD. Two weeks.
Junior_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 09:40 AM   #32
Wizardly
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I was lucky enough to find an awesome AD in NYC, Wempe Jewelers.(I posted a thread yesterday about my new SubC.) Incredible service, far beyond my imagination. Kind, caring, and they actually sought out the perfect watch for me. (I had OCD Rehaute and bezel alignment desires.) After turning down three watches, I waited only couple of more weeks until they found the one I could love. Even with my persnickety purchasing it took only three weeks. Two words: Wempe Jewelers. Speak with David. They are a highly prized AD and seem to get a steady stream of them in.
Wizardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 09:45 AM   #33
JacksonStone
Banned

As far as how your AD manages wait lists, that question is best answered by your AD. Ask them exactly what you asked us. Given the range of inconsistent answers here, it's obvious none of us really know.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 09:47 AM   #34
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Post 1.
Sub steel date black waiting now 7 months. Rumor is movement will be updated 2019. AD says 1 year left to wait. Will i be supplied SS with new movement? Or do I need to register interest for SS with new movement if I want that ?
Yes
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 09:51 AM   #35
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
An update will probably mean some VIPs will come in for one so you will get bumped down the list.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 11:03 AM   #36
t65tampa
"TRF" Member

Feel for you waiting half a year for a Submariner. Need to find a better dealer.
Old 22 February 2019, 11:57 AM   #37
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
I don't think you have to worry. It would be highly unusual for Rolex to update the SS Submariner earlier than the Explorer 2 and Milgauss in life cycle. So I don't think there is any truth to these rumors.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:29 PM   #38
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I don't think you have to worry. It would be highly unusual for Rolex to update the SS Submariner earlier than the Explorer 2 and Milgauss in life cycle. So I don't think there is any truth to these rumors.
The first ceramic Sub Date came out in 2008. The current Exp. II came out in 2011. I don't see why it makes sense that the Exp. II would be updated before the Sub, especially when you consider that the Exp. II's 50th anniversary is coming up in two years. I think it makes much more sense we'll see an Exp. II update then, and a Sub update sooner than that.

As for the Milguass, those tea leaves are harder to read. The black dial model has been out since 2007, so it is older than the Sub. However, the Z Blue came out in 2014, so one of the two current Milguass offerings is considerably newer than anything in the Sub line. It could go either way.

Regarding there being "truth" to the rumors, that's strikes me as an odd perspective. There are no rumors to speak of, just speculation based on the history of Rolex's release cycles. I haven't heard anything suggesting speculation of a Sub update is based on anything official, which means truth isn't the consideration so much as whether or not someone is predicting correctly.
Old 22 February 2019, 12:42 PM   #39
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
The first ceramic Sub Date came out in 2008. The current Exp. II came out in 2011. I don't see why it makes sense that the Exp. II would be updated before the Sub, especially when you consider that the Exp. II's 50th anniversary is coming up in two years. I think it makes much more sense we'll see an Exp. II update then, and a Sub update sooner than that.

As for the Milguass, those tea leaves are harder to read. The black dial model has been out since 2007, so it is older than the Sub. However, the Z Blue came out in 2014, so one of the two current Milguass offerings is considerably newer than anything in the Sub line. It could go either way.

Regarding there being "truth" to the rumors, that's strikes me as an odd perspective. There are no rumors to speak of, just speculation based on the history of Rolex's release cycles. I haven't heard anything suggesting speculation of a Sub update is based on anything official.
I was referring just to the SS Submariner, that was introduced in 2010 in Date and 2012 in no date so about the same model life so far as the Explorer in SS form. I'd be highly surprised if the life cycle of the Explorer 2 in current form goes longer than SS Submariner in current form without an update. Explorer may very well come during the anniversary, but i don't think the Sub sees the 32xx series until years from now and much later than that Exp2 anniversary. SS Z blue was just a dial option added, so I look at that a little differently imo. Lastly, the YM still is running the 3135 as is the DJ36.....I just can't see Rolex expecting those two models to move the remaining 3135s while the Sub is using the 3235. But we will see soon, exciting time of year.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:48 PM   #40
Quamby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly View Post
I was lucky enough to find an awesome AD in NYC, Wempe Jewelers.(I posted a thread yesterday about my new SubC.) Incredible service, far beyond my imagination. Kind, caring, and they actually sought out the perfect watch for me. (I had OCD Rehaute and bezel alignment desires.) After turning down three watches, I waited only couple of more weeks until they found the one I could love. Even with my persnickety purchasing it took only three weeks. Two words: Wempe Jewelers. Speak with David. They are a highly prized AD and seem to get a steady stream of them in.
Lucky you, the Wempe stores in Munich were awful when I was there a month ago. The flagship store at Maximilianstrasse has very impressive decor but they had nothing in the display cases and the staff weren't very nice.
Quamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 01:42 PM   #41
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
...i don't think the Sub sees the 32xx series until years from now and much later than that Exp2 anniversary.
I was speaking in terms of the overall Submariner line, rather than singling out a specific model. If we're talking specifically the black SS Sub Date, then I agree that an update this year is unlikely, although I wouldn't put it at many years out. IMO, the odds of a Sub update increase significantly every year it doesn't happen. With the 3235 waiting in the wings, and Rolex's competition (and even their own subsidiary) beating their movement specs on paper, I don't see Rolex waiting years to update the Sub's movement. I'd be very surprised to see the start of the update drag on past 2021. Then again, if it doesn't start until, say, next year, and it takes another year or two for the black Sub Date or non-date to get an upgrade, then it feasibly could go past the 50th anniversary of the Exp. II.

I'm agnostic on the Milgauss, as well as the Y-M. Particularly in the case of the Y-M, Rolex has not shown any clear vision for where that model is headed, so it's really hard for me to guess. The TT DJ36s already have the 3235, so that transition is in progress. I could totally see SS get the update this year.
Old 22 February 2019, 02:00 PM   #42
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Right because Rolex would never make a steel pepsi or bring back red text, make a 43mm Sea-Dweller-Dweller with cyclops, Rolex would never do that....
What Rolex will and will not do has long since gone out the window.

As for the OP, I assume you just want to chat and seek entertainment by posting this question to a bunch of strangers from another country.
If you waited seven months and are serious, the only person who could answer this question is your ad.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 03:48 PM   #43
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Ask the AD. They can do whatever they want.
No SUBctitute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:22 PM   #44
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
You'll probably get the updated one.
If the 116610/114060 is discontinued I doubt Rolex headquarters would ship one out.
I remember ADs still getting old model Deepseas after the new one got announced at basel so it is possible they will ship out all the old stock.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 06:16 PM   #45
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
I'm in central Scotland.
I think you need to find another AD.. and sadly you won't have done yourself any favours asking for multiple watches. My advise is to reach out to another local AD (or the next nearest one) and ask for a Submariner Date only.
Asking for any of these watches makes it clear to the AD that you want to start your own grey business on the side
Old 23 February 2019, 03:02 AM   #46
KattenBaloo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Right because Rolex would never make a steel pepsi or bring back red text, make a 43mm Sea-Dweller-Dweller with cyclops, Rolex would never do that....
What Rolex will and will not do has long since gone out the window.

As for the OP, I assume you just want to chat and seek entertainment by posting this question to a bunch of strangers from another country.
If you waited seven months and are serious, the only person who could answer this question is your ad.
Nice Rashid. Very helpful. Fuck you.
KattenBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 03:07 AM   #47
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice Rashid. Very helpful. ........ edit.
Really? You have a nice day too.
I'm guessing you're this nice in person which perhaps explains why your AD isn't helping.
Old 23 February 2019, 05:46 AM   #48
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For a Sumbmariner date, black, in stainless steel?? From AD? Mission impossible, fake news et al....

Deoending on your status with AD ....usually within the week. (At least for me )

And if a new movement comes up all the VIPs will come out of the woodworkooking for the new model. If your status is less than a VIP you will get bumped. So if you're number 1 on the list and new model comes out and 10 super Vips want one then you will get bumped to 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 05:50 AM   #49
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
I'm guessing you're this nice in person which perhaps explains why your AD isn't helping.
I'm guessing his AD didn't say the things you did to him.
Old 23 February 2019, 06:09 AM   #50
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Because I made an obvious attempt at humor and stated the obvious doesn't give anyone the right to curse at me. If you feel it's ok for someone to speak to me like that because I advised them to go to the source for info that only the AD can answer then both of you are obviously big internet commandos. I'm not here to trade insults, regards.
Old 23 February 2019, 06:41 AM   #51
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Because I made an obvious attempt at humor and stated the obvious doesn't give anyone the right to curse at me. If you feel it's ok for someone to speak to me like that because I advised them to go to the source for info that only the AD can answer then both of you are obviously big internet commandos. I'm not here to trade insults, regards.
Honestly, it didn't read as humor to me. If I'd been on the receiving end of your post, I would have had to practice significant restraint to avoid issuing a response that would have earned me infraction points.
Old 23 February 2019, 06:50 AM   #52
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Honestly, it didn't read as humor to me. If I'd been on the receiving end of your post, I would have had to practice significant restraint to avoid issuing a response that would have earned me infraction points.
Regardless....it wasn't a curse or insult, smartass, in bad taste, maybe...but only on the internet people talk and act tough, I seek no pleasure by being a big man online or attempting to humiliate someone I don't even know. This isn't what this forum is about and the only reason I come back year after year. Because this is generally a place where one can carry a decent conversation. If my attempt at being humorous went over someone's head I could have clarified if challenged but whatever. If you have to practice "significant" restraint for comments like that on the internet....I'm going to just stop right there....
Old 23 February 2019, 06:53 AM   #53
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
If you have to practice "significant" restraint for comments like that on the internet....I'm going to just stop right there....
I admire your restraint.
Old 23 February 2019, 06:59 AM   #54
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I admire your restraint.
Not even significant restraint either...just maturity and lack of interest. It's not that serious, I'm here for watches and the talk relating to them. Life is really short and nowadays I rather enjoy it more, stress free. Just brush my shoulders off and keep it moving.
Old 24 February 2019, 10:37 PM   #55
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am with you on this Rashid!
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 07:32 PM   #56
leonardfell
"TRF" Member

Watch: Anything GMT
Quote:
+1 Totally uncalled for
leonardfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 07:47 PM   #57
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Post 1.
Sub steel date black waiting now 7 months. Rumor is movement will be updated 2019. AD says 1 year left to wait. Will i be supplied SS with new movement? Or do I need to register interest for SS with new movement if I want that ?
It will have either the 3135 or 3235 but no big deal either way, speaking for myself would take the 3135 a well proven movement.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 08:06 PM   #58
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

The truth is no one in this forum knows anything about future Sub releases. We are all just speculating, and more speculating doesn't make more truth. We just all like to speculate. When you can't actually buy the watch then it makes for good entertainment.

Sorry it is taking so long to source the watch in your area. Trusted Sellers were created to solve this problem. You may not wish to go that route, but you could get the Sub from DavidSW for example, right now. More than your AD can do for you.

At some point the Sub will get the new movement, the question is when, and if that will come with other changes to the Sub like refinements to the case for example. No one knows. It might get a new reference number in that case, but it will always be the Sub. We'll all know more one way or the other after Basel 19. If the new movement is important to you, I'd say wait. It is not far to Basel now.
Rocket_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 09:14 PM   #59
juani
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,126613LB,
Ask your AD, with mine you would have to re register
juani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 09:39 PM   #60
RHJ
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 214270 Mk1
What I have read says that for a long time perspective the 3135 would be the better choice.
RHJ is offline   Reply With Quote