The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 13 February 2010, 08:33 AM   #121
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Does Abi Nathan know of this thread?

I'm hosting the original threads pictures, when he had troubles posting them.
Old 13 February 2010, 09:27 AM   #122
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Camembert View Post
Yep but Rolex is like Shelby, they can build a brand new watch from the parts they hoard. Funny the only part they have to order is the dial.
Yup ! And just like Rolex, 'ol Shel has to out source the glass.
Old 13 February 2010, 10:49 AM   #123
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
Yup ! And just like Rolex, 'ol Shel has to out source the glass.
Shelby is like many high end watch companies that get ETA movements and modify them to build their product. This is not Danica Patrick.

2011 GT 350.

Old 13 February 2010, 11:00 AM   #124
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Can we please try to keep this thread on topic. A photo of Danica Patrick has nothing to due with Abi's DRSD.
Old 13 February 2010, 11:13 AM   #125
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples09 View Post
Can we please try to keep this thread on topic. A photo of Danica Patrick has nothing to due with Abi's DRSD.
I don't see a photo of Danica Patrick, that is Carroll Shelby don't be confused by his first name.
Old 13 February 2010, 11:54 AM   #126
Lol-x
Facilitator

Just so you know, anyone who posts an absurdly high price for a watch and asks for 'offer', is one step away from being banned.

Such activity is tantamount to not stating any price at all and conducting some kind of auction/tender. That is clearly an attempt to circumvent the for sales forum rules and will be dealt with harshly.

Just so you guys know.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 13 February 2010, 11:58 AM   #127
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't see a photo of Danica Patrick, that is Carroll Shelby don't be confused by his first name.
Naples09 is seriously confused I think .................. Or, needs new glasses.
Old 13 February 2010, 01:08 PM   #128
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Just so you know, anyone who posts an absurdly high price for a watch and asks for 'offer', is one step away from being banned.

Such activity is tantamount to not stating any price at all and conducting some kind of auction/tender. That is clearly an attempt to circumvent the for sales forum rules and will be dealt with harshly.

Just so you guys know.
Thanks for the info Steve. Looks like the sales thread for this watch was removed.

Should be interesting to see if Abi lists the watch for sale again.
Old 13 February 2010, 01:13 PM   #129
Clogger

Watch: SS Sub Date
Quote:
Thanks for the info Steve. Looks like the sales thread for this watch was removed.

Should be interesting to see if Abi lists the watch for sale again.
I am sure he has a few watches listed on the bay under different names, hopefully we will not see him here again though.
Old 14 February 2010, 01:56 AM   #130
DadsWatch72
Banned

Watch: DRSD 1665 #3551XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
I cannot see you selling this watch unless an event would force you to sell . You always talk so passionately about this watch , and share it's beauty with all of us at every given occasion . Let alone the sentimental value it must have knowing it was your fathers . Let's hope that day will never come and that your may pass it on to next of kin to keep it in the family . It is indeed an exceptional piece you should hang on to . Every member at TRF should be proud to have it amongst us .
I want to keep it on one hand, and sell it on the other hand for the money. I just wish I could do both. Maybe I will sell it to myself? BTW, it is in a safty deposit box and I don't have insurance on the thing. I don't think I need it if it's just going to sit there in the bank. The bank is insured.

I find it interesting that Steve M. would consider buying Hiteks watch. The thing about this watch is.......it's could be legit. The only way for anyone to tell if it's a genuine DRSD would be to have someone like Steve that "knows" Rolex watches personally inspect the watch. If it is indeed a rare DRSD then someone could end up with a heck of a deal. This guy wants money not a cool watch.
Old 14 February 2010, 02:08 AM   #131
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsWatch72 View Post
If his sells for 100K then I am going to list mine at 300K. Any takers? And I will personally deliver it to your door in a monkey suit
Would that be suit be Rhesus or Macaque?
Old 14 February 2010, 02:12 AM   #132
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

For that kind of price, I'd expect JJ to deliver it in person wearing a RADO on a NATO band.
Old 14 February 2010, 02:36 AM   #133
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Quote:
I want to keep it on one hand, and sell it on the other hand for the money. I just wish I could do both. Maybe I will sell it to myself? BTW, it is in a safty deposit box and I don't have insurance on the thing. I don't think I need it if it's just going to sit there in the bank. The bank is insured.

I find it interesting that Steve M. would consider buying Hiteks watch. The thing about this watch is.......it's could be legit. The only way for anyone to tell if it's a genuine DRSD would be to have someone like Steve that "knows" Rolex watches personally inspect the watch. If it is indeed a rare DRSD then someone could end up with a heck of a deal. This guy wants money not a cool watch.
I'd say : Keep it , but that is easy to say for me . I have 4 modern SS Rolex watches and just decided on a vintage to match one of them . ( funny you should mention Steven as that is whom I'm getting that one from) The idea is to eventually get 3 other vintage ones to match the others and I guess a watch like yours would just do the job to go with my SDDS . The thing is , my budget would be completely blown for all of them and much more if I had to pay what yours is worth today .
I do not know if Steven is really interested in that watch from Haitek , if he is I'm sure he will take it apart before putting a penny on the table for it . He must have seen every trick in the book by now .
Old 14 February 2010, 05:10 AM   #134
DadsWatch72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
I'd say : Keep it , but that is easy to say for me . I have 4 modern SS Rolex watches and just decided on a vintage to match one of them . ( funny you should mention Steven as that is whom I'm getting that one from) The idea is to eventually get 3 other vintage ones to match the others and I guess a watch like yours would just do the job to go with my SDDS . The thing is , my budget would be completely blown for all of them and much more if I had to pay what yours is worth today .
I do not know if Steven is really interested in that watch from Haitek , if he is I'm sure he will take it apart before putting a penny on the table for it . He must have seen every trick in the book by now .

The more I think about this issue of my watch the more I think that I will sell the thing. I could use that money in a much better way than letting it stay invested in a watch that I don't have any earthly need for. It's a matter of nostalgia and pride at this point. I will never be like many of you on this forum in regards to my finances. I won't ever have a large collection of Rolex watches. I won't ever be in the market for a center peice to my collection etc. It's makes me feel good to rub elbows with the wealthy but I'm not really one of them. I'm just an average Joe that has one hellova nice watch. Don't be surprised if you see it listed one day. The one thing that I can say is....whoever ends up with the watch will be completely satisfied with it and can be completely confident that they own the real deal.
Old 14 February 2010, 06:05 AM   #135
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
I'm pretty sure it will sell in record time for what it is worth if and when your watch is up for sale . I doubt that I will have "the weight" against the big money here .
Old 14 February 2010, 10:45 AM   #136
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
Does Abi Nathan know of this thread?

I'm hosting the original threads pictures, when he had troubles posting them.
Quoting myself, hosting now ended. Too many loose ends for me to continue hosting.
Old 14 February 2010, 10:51 AM   #137
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quoting myself, hosting now ended. Too many loose ends for me to continue hosting.
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=114494 No longer works !
Old 14 February 2010, 11:04 AM   #138
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
Hosting was on the original thread, when he didn't know what he had. When we all tried to help him figure out what it was.

I offered him help to post large size pics, when he kept posting "thumbnails".
Old 14 February 2010, 11:05 AM   #139
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hosting was on the original thread, when he didn't know what he had. When we all tried to help him figure out what it was.

I offered him help to post large size pics, when he kept posting "thumbnails".
Over here:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...=108927&page=7
Old 14 February 2010, 11:19 AM   #140
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting read. Thank you.
Old 14 February 2010, 11:29 AM   #141
DadsWatch72
Banned

I'm sure he has received many private messages with offers. I also imagine they require some gesture on his part to provide an opportunity for authentication by a buyer. I don't think he wants anyone that really knows what they are looking at to have that chance. If the watch is revealed to be a fake, then any attempt to sell it in the future could be ruined. I think he wants someone to come along and make him a blind offer. Otherwise he would have already sold it IMO. He provided pictures of an evaluation from Sydney Rolex Service Center. Any thoughts about those from anyone?????
Old 14 February 2010, 12:06 PM   #142
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

The watch never did sell on eBay nor was it re-listed.
Old 14 February 2010, 01:37 PM   #143
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure he has received many private messages with offers. I also imagine they require some gesture on his part to provide an opportunity for authentication by a buyer. I don't think he wants anyone that really knows what they are looking at to have that chance. If the watch is revealed to be a fake, then any attempt to sell it in the future could be ruined. I think he wants someone to come along and make him a blind offer. Otherwise he would have already sold it IMO. He provided pictures of an evaluation from Sydney Rolex Service Center. Any thoughts about those from anyone?????
I told him I would buy the his watch.... it sounded like he needs $ badly. BUT he would have to send the watch to me first to authenticate.
Old 14 February 2010, 01:38 PM   #144
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
I told him I would buy the his watch.... it sounded like he needs $ badly. BUT he would have to send the watch to me first to authenticate.
Did you get a response back?
Old 14 February 2010, 01:44 PM   #145
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
I He provided pictures of an evaluation from Sydney Rolex Service Center. Any thoughts about those from anyone?????
I have never seen a Rolex report from OZ that said; the serial number was 172XXXX and the Xs looked as good as the 172.

There were two invoices, one was authentication for $99, the other a list of required services and authentication was listed again; if the watch isn’t authentic Rolex won’t service it and there is no charge.

I took a watch to Rolex USA for service. They declined because too many things had to be replaced; I was given an oral rundown. If I wanted it written it was $120. I had that done and it was nothing like his paper. It was a writted detailed report of what was on the watch but no list of priceses for replacement parts.

For example it said original Rolex dial refinished.
Old 14 February 2010, 01:54 PM   #146
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Did you get a response back?
No....
Old 14 February 2010, 02:00 PM   #147
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No....
May be he took the rest of the week end off ?
Old 14 February 2010, 03:39 PM   #148
DadsWatch72
Banned

Quote:
Who do we have on TRF that is close to Haitek that can meet him. I elect JJ. He can meet him in Sydney and witness the authentication. Of course he could be reimbursed for his trouble and time.
Old 14 February 2010, 03:48 PM   #149
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Who do we have on TRF that is close to Haitek that can meet him. I elect JJ. He can meet him in Sydney and witness the authentication. Of course he could be reimbursed for his trouble and time.
If there is going to be a reimbursement I'll go. It would be so easy to tell if this is legitimate all it would take is a phone call.
Old 14 February 2010, 03:59 PM   #150
DadsWatch72
Banned

Quote:
If there is going to be a reimbursement I'll go. It would be so easy to tell if this is legitimate all it would take is a phone call.
Watch out for the Dingo's if you go. They might eat your DRSD.
Closed Thread