The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 October 2010, 08:30 PM   #61
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Glenn, I am sorry that you have to experience this mess. Thanks for sharing. After the Stevo report back on 24 Aug I was skeptical. Many other users came to the table to help him then. No help this time. Report the incident to both sides law enforcement for the record.

Mike
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2010, 08:38 PM   #62
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Glenn. I am so sorry to hear of this. I thought this man had tried his luck but had been well and truly exposed and was out of all of our psyches. Clearly not.

I hope we can find a way to make this right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2010, 10:10 PM   #63
theken
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Hello Glenn.
This is very sad story and I feel your pain.
I hope the bank officials in the USA and Spain will offer you some assistance.
Do you have a actual address for Tristan in Girona, Spain?
Maybe someone can visit with Tristan on your behalf to resolve this mess.
Hang in there, buddy!
Mark
theken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 12:34 AM   #64
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

Situations like this would just about force me into my old, long forgotten habits that caused me much grief in my young/dumb bullet-proof days.

Sorry this happened to you. I admire your ability to keep your composure.
Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 12:40 AM   #65
robertneville
"TRF" Member

Watch: me burn
sorry to hear of your problems Glen. PM sent.

Motocross is life!
robertneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 01:10 AM   #66
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog1000 View Post

Now be carefull who your talkin' to Chris...
Old 7 October 2010, 01:18 AM   #67
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Glenn, I am very sorry to hear of your loss at the hands of Tristan. This adds insult to injury already inflicted on the fine members of TRF. I hope you can follow through on some of the options open to you. What a travesty!!!
Old 7 October 2010, 02:30 AM   #68
GlennW
"TRF" Member

Several members asked if I had received a refund from Tristan yesterday.....the answer is "NO". If Tristan had sent me the refund that he has been promising for over a month, maybe this post wouldn't be here? I originally sent Tristan a down payment (for a gray dialed Tudor Heritage) via Paypal for $500 on June 18th, 2010....3 1/2 months ago....wtf. Do you think that I have been patient enough....all I want is a refund for the full amount that I sent him since he never sent me the watch or the 3 endlinks that I paid him for. Maybe that is too much to ask?

Anyway, I need to catch a plane.....more tonight.

Glenn
GlennW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 02:37 AM   #69
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
A thread about this has been opened in a forum that he is active on.
We'll see what he has to say.
My money's on "stolen in transit". Because, of course, all mailmen know the value of an old steel bracelet. Just another unfortunate coincidence.
Let... the tap dancing... BEGIN!

And I thought I would never use that smiley.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 02:50 AM   #70
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
My money's on "stolen in transit". Because, of course, all mailmen know the value of an old steel bracelet. Just another unfortunate coincidence.

I also guess they replaced whatever was supposed to be in that package with that wonderful looking wrench! This guy has a story for just about everything. My question is what the hell did Glenn ever do to him? For that matter, what did anyone here ever do to him to deserve the type of treatment that guys like Glenn and Steve are getting? I am at a loss for words, I hope the hell his wife and kids find out just what type of "man" (if you can call him that) he is. He belongs in a cell somewhere.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 02:56 AM   #71
Rolex Junky
Banned

Watch: 116710LN & 116201
Quote:

What forum is it? I'll join it just so I can post a flame rant at him.
Rolex Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 03:10 AM   #72
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex Junky View Post
What forum is it? I'll join it just so I can post a flame rant at him.
I can't say, but google could help ROLEX fans track this RENEGADE down and see what he has to say for himself.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 03:14 AM   #73
afnios1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
I'm so sorry for your loss Glenn,wish the karma to come soon on his/her life.It's stupid to build a reputation for years and spoil it for just few thousand of $.From the other side i think that the leaders of this forum should demand more quarantees from newbies [like me] and ,the more complicated,to get quarantees for members transactions,means having the power and tools when a bad transaction,scam or something to pay back the victim from the scammers account[there are this kind of tools].
Mihalis

Last edited by afnios1; 7 October 2010 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: wrong word
afnios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 03:16 AM   #74
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
I can't say, but google could help ROLEX fans track this RENEGADE down and see what he has to say for himself.
Nice hint Brian Btw, I like your sig, it's so true

Omega 3570.50 (77mil) Rolex 16610 (V) Rolex 1601 (1966) Seiko BM
Kokyuryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 04:52 AM   #75
1340jas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 'V'
I feel for you. That shouldn't happen, but does and the scammer knows he can get away with it as you are separated by thousnds of miles.

I have seen the thread on the other site which has got a few members asking for a reply from Tristran. He has failed to do so as of today.
Could one of the mods from this site talk with one of their mods? Perhaps they have contact details for the scum.
Even the smallest bit of info posted here could develop and help track him down.
I have some god ideas if we can sort out his real location.
1340jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 06:52 AM   #76
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
This, if true, is very sad.

I myself would never, ever buy an expensive item over the internet, especially from over seas from someone I don't know.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 10:30 AM   #77
davestan
"TRF" Member

The guy appears a disgrace and totally untrustworthy. His words mean nothing! There would be enough identifying information from this Board to pass on to the law authorities. There are photos, and his address would be known by some members. You may be able to initiate some action from your country to his via law enforcement. The actions of people like this create sorrow for all Board members. Best wishes.
davestan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 10:50 AM   #78
dalip
"TRF" Member

As you know I actually met this thief in Barcelona and he proceeded to rip me and my family off. The info is all on here.

I have been amazed to find him so warmly welcomed on another new forum. Especially when the scamming by this POS is well known by members there. But so be it.

The fact is he is still at it.

I do not have an actual address as I didn't write it down...why would I.

I did attend a local tennis club with him to watch the football and I am searching for that place. He frequents there.

There are many members who have his address on here... I am sure of that.

This needs to be handed over to the authorities...they can properly advise what the options may be.

"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 7 October 2010, 11:02 AM   #79
Lol-x
Facilitator

Dalip, Glenn and myself....it's not confusing.

A wrench sent in the mail, speaks volumes here.

Other forums (you well know) welcome and give high praise to Bassethouds, holding him up as some kind of hero that 'got to me'.

That speaks volumes too.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 11:08 AM   #80
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post

Other forums (you well know) welcome and give high praise to Bassethouds, holding him up as some kind of hero that 'got to me'.

That speaks volumes too.

It does indeed.

Old 7 October 2010, 11:13 AM   #81
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:

That speaks volumes too.
It's sad to see people praise scammers and make heroes out of them. That sure does speak volumes on how humans can be so nasty to each other.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 11:14 AM   #82
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:

That speaks volumes too.
It does indeed..disgusting.
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 11:25 AM   #83
mpkRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO Jubilee
Sorry to hear about your $ loss Glenn. This just tells you that trust no one until you have done your research..I hope you recover your money soon. That guy will pay..be sure of it
mpkRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 03:38 PM   #84
GlennW
"TRF" Member

Here is a list of events leading up to today.

6/18/10 - I send Tristan $500 via Paypal for a Tudor Heritage grey dial that he tells people that he can get. *Update* - my credit card company was able to recover the $500 for me from Paypal.

7/26/10 - I wire $3142 to Tristan's wife's account ($3500 for the Tudor Heritage and $142 for 3 set's of endlinks (501b, 380, and 580). He tells me that his uncle will ship me the watch from Los Angeles the foloowing week Monday.

Between 7/26/10 - 9/01/10 I get a whole bunch of run around from Tristan about his uncle shipping the watch and he finally admits that he was lying to me about shipping the watch!!! This comes about after Stevo exposes him on the forum.

9/3/10 - After more run around and Tristan unable to come up with a tracking number, I tell him that I want a refund immediately.

9/17/10 - Here is the email exchange between Tristan and I....what a joke.

2010/9/17 Glenn Wilbourn <gmw.maui@hawaiiantel.net>
Like the watch, there is no money and proof that it was ever sent.

I no longer want to play this game....it won't make me feel any better about being scammed out of $3642, but if you will read any of the major forums in the next couple of days I will be posting our story. I have now accepted the fact that I will never see my money again....sad day, but I hope that I can help prevent something like this from happening to someone else.

On Sep 17, 2010, at 8:46 PM, Tristan Traversier wrote:

Hi Glenn

Glad the mail got to you . I will have access to my normal mail from monday morning : Can you please give me a phone number . I would like to talk to you . I'm having serious professional set backs and we have been told that the Iberian office will be closed due to poor performance . Spain and Portugal after Greece is economically the worst hit european countries . We have arrived in LA and monday we will officially be told that we are all "sacked" . I have spoken to my wife and the wire was still on hold for the simple reason that they are waiting for a check to clear as other wise there no enough funds .
We have not been paid for the month of september yet .
I understand how you are feeling :
Here is the only thing I can promise you : You will have the money in your account before the end of the month one way or the other . I can not stop you from posting whatever you want on any forum , but I will not speed up the recovery of your funds . Because one thing is sure you will recover your funds as I'm not a dishonest person , only caught up in a spiral of unfortunate events . I have been lied to , but I will not make you pay for it .
So , Glenn . Please be a little more patient . I was thinking to sent you my 1680 , but it will not be back from RSC till next month ( getting a service red fitted too ) . Any more posts on forums would not make any difference today or tomorrow .. but I do know now that I may have to sell the 1680 given the situation , and any more bad pub would not help me getting good money for the 1680 next month . You can still post what you want after that time :
Here is my deadline offer : your 3650 usd in your account cleared before 1 october . and I offer you a BNIB 93150 for free as recognition for having been a friend and repair for what you had to endure .
I can not offer more with 100% certainty at this very moment . I can actually send the 93150 as soon I get back on wednesday .
So Glenn let's get out of this together without you loosing money , I just want to prove to the community that even I had great difficulty I'm not dishonest . Once this over I would be nice you did post a little thread along these lines . That there is no need to crucify people to obtain satisfaction .
What do you say ?
Do not get me wrong : I'm not saying .." if you post you can kiss your money goodbye" no whatever you post I will reimburse you as I'm not dishonest . Just in deep shit for the moment .
Furthermore I have my Olympic DJ that will be auctioned off at Sotheby's in HK on the 6th of Oct. I'm not counting on that to reimburse you as it may take up to 6 weeks after the auction to get the money if sold and reaches the reserve .

Please Glenn bare with me and let's work this out . Nothing is lost and certainly not your money . Just let's not make this harder as it already is .

Many kind regards

Tristan

10/6/10 - Tristan sends bogus wire info (confirmed by my bank today). Do you see a date or a physical bank address on this wire info...of course not, it's bogus.

El titular de la cuenta ES17 2038 9158 1630 0012 7XXX | CUENTAS , TRISTAN PAUL BOUCHEZ X01798816C :
Transferencia en divisas por un importe de 3.000,00 Dolar USA utilizando como divisa de envío Dolar USA
Concepto : REEMBOLSO TUDOR HERITAGE.
La transferencia se hará por orden de TRISTAN BOUCHEZ con documento Tarjeta de residenciaX2769881C
País de destino
El país destino de la transferencia: ESTADOS UNIDOS
Imputación de gastos
La imputación de gastos será Por cuenta del ordenante (OUR)
Datos del beneficiario
Nombre del beneficiario:GLENN WILBOURN
La cuenta de abono es:98-3 XXXX 1 # 121XXXX
País de residencia:ESTADOS UNIDOS
Datos del banco beneficiario
Clave SWIFT:FHBKUS77XXX
Nombre del banco:FIRST HAWAIIAN BANK
Dirección del banco:FLOOR 4:
Población del banco:HONOLULU
Condición de urgencia
La transferencia se hará efectiva en un plazo de 1 día (Urgente)
Comisión de la operación
Esta operación tiene una comisión de 36,00 Euros
La realización de esta operación está sujeta a comisiones disponibles en el apartado

As of 2pm Hawaii time today 10/6/10, there is still no wire from Tristan and I am still out $3142.
Old 7 October 2010, 06:37 PM   #85
Lol-x
Facilitator

And for all those really perceptive Einsteins who queried the size of the package and the ability of the wrench to be enclosed enjoy

Glenn sent me a few photographs

Feast your eyes

DSC04028.JPG

DSC04026.JPG

DSC04025.JPG

DSC04024.JPG

Further Bassethounds emailed me and made absolutely no mention of these photos as being falsified, which would be the first thing he would say if they were anything other than entire true and correct, as they are.

Bassethounds owes Glenn $3,000. Theft is a felony last I heard, but some will still find a way to try and escape the truth and reality of this situation.

Space-Cadet

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 07:59 PM   #86
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
It is unbelievable, as evidenced in emails to Steve and Dalip - lie after lie after lie after lie .

How does this man sleep at night........
mcjp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 08:22 PM   #87
GlennW
"TRF" Member

Tristan emailed me a couple of hours ago and said that his bank has a trace out on the money wire (my bank told me that the info he sent me is either incomplete or bogus).....more lies? I hope not.

I don't know why he doesn't send me a scan of his money wire receipt so I can present to my bank??? That would probably shut me up for a little while.
Old 7 October 2010, 08:26 PM   #88
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
You are a nice guy Glenn.

A lot nicer than I.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 08:37 PM   #89
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
that is shocking..

i remember he told us he runs a family business and frequently travel to Brussel for work/meetings etc.... so why the "we are all sacked" excuse all of the sudden?

guess he wasnt able to find someone to "bail him out" this time...

(posted at TKF also)
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 08:41 PM   #90
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
This makes me too angry
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote