The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 7 March 2013, 05:31 AM   #151
mxm4233

Watch: Gold Serti Sub
I know the feeling

I just posted photos of my collection in another thread, and I can see the others sitting on the bench for a while while my affair with this new Sub continues for who knows how long. :-) My wife is highly amused (she can be given that I had already gotten her a vintage Datejust with mother of pearl, diamonds and emeralds a couple of years ago, a gorgeous circa 1925 Art Deco Glycine cocktail watch with diamonds and sapphires for our anniversary and a vintage Patek with a diamonds on a square bezel this past Christmas). :-)
mxm4233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2013, 02:51 AM   #152
slickshoes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750,116622,BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxm4233 View Post
I just posted photos of my collection in another thread, and I can see the others sitting on the bench for a while while my affair with this new Sub continues for who knows how long. :-) My wife is highly amused (she can be given that I had already gotten her a vintage Datejust with mother of pearl, diamonds and emeralds a couple of years ago, a gorgeous circa 1925 Art Deco Glycine cocktail watch with diamonds and sapphires for our anniversary and a vintage Patek with a diamonds on a square bezel this past Christmas). :-)
I saw that. Congrats on an amazing collection. And you are certainly very nice to the wife!
slickshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2013, 12:51 AM   #153
superjustinwoo
"TRF" Member

It looks really amazing.Congrats.
superjustinwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2013, 02:16 AM   #154
lhs
"TRF" Member

this looks amazing

question - is there AR coating of any kind on the crystal?

TIA
lhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2013, 05:37 AM   #155
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Awesome pic!
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2013, 06:08 AM   #156
F.Works
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 343
Uaauuu Great watch ,the blue one is gorgeous
F.Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2015, 02:34 AM   #157
rvmeeker
"TRF" Member

RIP trusty Sub, long live Blue Yacht-Master !

Well, after 25 loyal years, my Submariner finally finally sprung a leak. Literally. Went swimming in the ocean, and then noticed moisture on the inside of the crystal later that day. Seems the crown had come loose. Not good. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to a dealer for about a month, by which time corrosion had taken a toll and a major repair/overhaul was required. I had worn my Sub daily for the entire 25 years, and had never had it serviced, subscribing to the "if-it-ain't-broke" theory. Big mistake, fellow Rolex devotees. The dealer advised me that we should have our watches checked out and serviced about every five years, particularly to make sure that the crown gasket(s) are in good shape and functioning properly.

The story gets better. As luck would have it, the dealer in Honolulu had a mint cobalt blue Yacht-Master recently taken in trade -- the very model that I've been lusting for since first being introduced in late 2012 (you'll see my 2012 post earlier in this thread). It was my first opportunity to actually view one in the flesh, as no dealer I've visited over the last two years has ever had one in stock. Well, gang, this watch was every bit as gorgeous as the pictures had suggested. The dealer gave me a terrific trade-in value for my damaged Submariner, a great price for the YM, and I walked away a very happy camper. This one's a keeper. In my opinion, the prettiest sports model Rolex has ever produced. Check it out below.

Now my search begins for a beautiful schooner to compliment my new wrist candy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Submariner & blue Yacht-Master.jpg (101.2 KB, 60 views)
rvmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote