The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 February 2018, 10:56 PM   #61
aznav
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Ironman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Also there appears to be NO hallmark on the bracelet clasp blade!! There should be correct?
I want my mommy.
Old 23 February 2018, 11:03 PM   #62
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznav View Post
I want my mommy.
Your story sounds less and less believable by the minute.

You are capable of taking off the caseback but can't pop the bracelet?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2018, 11:08 PM   #63
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Guys, gave up trying to take the band off. Scared to death I'll scratch it. So, when it goes to the dealer tomorrow I'll have him take off the band and then I'll take a picture of the serial number. Ugh. No offense, but I hope you all are wrong and my sister's watch is legit. Not looking good. "Hi Barb, how are you? Say, I have some good news and bad news. The good news is I sold your Rolex. The bad news is I got twenty bucks for it."
This thing is in rough shape and you are scared to scratch it?!
Take 2 round wooden toothpicks and insert them into the lug holes to compress the springbar. They will not hurt the watch and you will be able to remove the bracelet. Just a suggestion.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 06:10 AM   #64
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Your story sounds less and less believable by the minute.

You are capable of taking off the caseback but can't pop the bracelet?
Seriously, can you give me a break. Do you think I get some enjoyment about hanging my butt out the window and getting flamed? Did I say I was going to put it back up in the classifieds, which would lock it immediately and probably ban me. Did I not say I would not put in on eBay till I got the whole story? Did I drive two hours (round trip) to Charlottesville to pull a fast one? Did I not say I was a total novice with all things Rolex? Did I not ask for help many times on what the bleep was going on? And now I'm less believable by the minute? Oh, please. There, I vented.

Ps. I own a tool for removing watch backs to change the batteries.
Old 24 February 2018, 06:12 AM   #65
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Seriously, can you give me a break. There, I vented.
Hi
If you can, please post or PM me photos of the back lugs.
Then I (we) can help confirm things
Regards
Old 24 February 2018, 06:14 AM   #66
aznav
"TRF" Member

Ok, here’s the deal. First off, THANK YOU for your valuable input. I would have put this on eBay and been skewered. Something like this site but no money. LOL!!

Took it to Fink’s of Charlottesville. Their conclusions: 1. The watch is genuine. They called Rolex HQ and they said its genuine. 2. The bezel is aftermarket. The diamonds are aftermarket 3. The face is “most likely” aftermarket. 4. I forgot to ask about the band but they said nothing about it so hoping it’s real. 5. The gold alone is $2000.

For Rolex to give an appraisal it costs $150 which is not a big deal. HOWEVER, if even one part of the watch is aftermarket they will send it back with no appraisal and goodbye $150. So, since we are up to almost ten folks, local and online who say that the bezel is aftermarket, it’s a no brainer about sending it to Rolex for an appraisal.

However, I’m back to where I started, somewhat. And, no, I don’t expect anyone to venture a guess on the price. I think I will either take it to a jeweler for a third party sale or put it on eBay with all the subsets of aftermarket stuff. I am going to contact the jeweler who charged a thousand bucks and ask if he saw aftermarket parts. In fact, I’m sure he knew they were and put aftermarket parts in himself. Ain’t it great!

Again, thanks for all the input. Sheesh, all i said was “Hey, Barb, I can sell that online.” Sure I can.

Ps. My sister was screwed by the jeweler who repaired it "in the 90's". This is all new stuff to her.
Old 24 February 2018, 06:16 AM   #67
aznav
"TRF" Member

Wrong post.
Old 24 February 2018, 06:28 AM   #68
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Just scrap it for the $2K.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 06:28 AM   #69
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This thing is in rough shape and you are scared to scratch it?!
Take 2 round wooden toothpicks and insert them into the lug holes to compress the springbar. They will not hurt the watch and you will be able to remove the bracelet. Just a suggestion.
My hobby is range competition. I own a "like new" Kimber Super Carry Pro. It has the most miserable take-down procedure. It is a lot easier just to take a flathead and put it under the slide ejector. Just a few scratches here and there on the stainless. You can drop the price about $300 when you do. I knew I was going to Charlottesville the next day so there was no point in risking it (I did try several time via YouTube).
Old 24 February 2018, 07:09 AM   #70
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My hobby is range competition. I own a "like new" Kimber Super Carry Pro. It has the most miserable take-down procedure. It is a lot easier just to take a flathead and put it under the slide ejector. Just a few scratches here and there on the stainless. You can drop the price about $300 when you do. I knew I was going to Charlottesville the next day so there was no point in risking it (I did try several time via YouTube).
Be careful! Can't talk about those things on the forum.
Old 24 February 2018, 08:07 AM   #71
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Ok, here’s the deal. First off, THANK YOU for your valuable input. I would have put this on eBay and been skewered. Something like this site but no money. LOL!!

Took it to Fink’s of Charlottesville. Their conclusions: 1. The watch is genuine. They called Rolex HQ and they said its genuine. 2. The bezel is aftermarket. The diamonds are aftermarket 3. The face is “most likely” aftermarket. 4. I forgot to ask about the band but they said nothing about it so hoping it’s real. 5. The gold alone is $2000.

For Rolex to give an appraisal it costs $150 which is not a big deal. HOWEVER, if even one part of the watch is aftermarket they will send it back with no appraisal and goodbye $150. So, since we are up to almost ten folks, local and online who say that the bezel is aftermarket, it’s a no brainer about sending it to Rolex for an appraisal.

However, I’m back to where I started, somewhat. And, no, I don’t expect anyone to venture a guess on the price. I think I will either take it to a jeweler for a third party sale or put it on eBay with all the subsets of aftermarket stuff. I am going to contact the jeweler who charged a thousand bucks and ask if he saw aftermarket parts. In fact, I’m sure he knew they were and put aftermarket parts in himself. Ain’t it great!

Again, thanks for all the input. Sheesh, all i said was “Hey, Barb, I can sell that online.” Sure I can.

Ps. My sister was screwed by the jeweler who repaired it "in the 90's". This is all new stuff to her.
If you want some type of authenticity benchmark, mail it to a RSC and ask for a quote on service. They will put everything right and wrong on paper for the quote. Get the quote, decline the service, and sell the watch as described in the quote.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 08:34 AM   #72
MonBK
Banned

No pics of the case back and no serial and model # after being to a Rolex AD who called Rolex to verify it without taking the bracelet off.

At this point I think it's safe to say we've been trolled.
Old 24 February 2018, 08:55 AM   #73
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Also there appears to be NO hallmark on the bracelet clasp blade!! There should be correct?
Yes.

Watch looks like a 6917/8 (lug holes, acrylic crystal, etc.).
Bracelet should therefore be a ref. 8570 I believe, which would have that reference number stamped on the inner clasp blade, along with the assay hallmarks and karat weight/fineness/IC stampings.
However, apart from the clasp, the bracelet "looks" correct, and appears to be solid gold (of some sort), and not plated. Would be curious to see a pic of the backside and outer clasp.

For now, I'd say the watch looks to be authentic, except for the dial, bezel, crystal, and (probably) the bracelet. Just my $.02...
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 12:09 PM   #74
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No pics of the case back and no serial and model # after being to a Rolex AD who called Rolex to verify it without taking the bracelet off.

At this point I think it's safe to say we've been trolled.
At this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Here's their number. Give them a call and ask about the guy with the ladies Rolex and the dozen questions yesterday. Report back immediately your findings. Then again, this could be a fake website I set up so you would see I wasn't a troll when, in fact, I am. Also, if you put the post in a mirror and look at the phone number, it says, "1-800 UB-TROLLED. Also, for a one time deal, call that number in the next ten minutes and I will sell you a gen-u-wine Ladeeze Rolex wif real dimuns for the unbelievable price of $4900. Act now!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 21.01.06.png (150.7 KB, 481 views)
Old 24 February 2018, 12:11 PM   #75
aznav
"TRF" Member

Thanks to all!

Ok, folks, thank you for all your help. I'm closing out now as it's getting clownish and not interested in getting banned because I was on the grassy knoll.
Old 25 February 2018, 08:01 AM   #76
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:

Ich bin ein neue Mensch geworten!
What does that mean?
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 08:03 AM   #77
swatty
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
What does that mean?
Think it means he has become a new person
Old 25 February 2018, 08:06 AM   #78
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Native german speaker here - does not make any sense aside from the glaring spelling errors

That‘s why I have been asking
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 08:11 AM   #79
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
Native german speaker here - does not make any sense aside from the glaring spelling errors

That‘s why I have been asking
Nothing in his story makes any sense.
Old 25 February 2018, 11:17 AM   #80
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Mind boggling......
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 12:19 PM   #81
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDIESEL View Post
Mind boggling......
Hardly?
Old 25 February 2018, 03:18 PM   #82
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Yes.

Watch looks like a 6917/8 (lug holes, acrylic crystal, etc.).
Bracelet should therefore be a ref. 8570 I believe, which would have that reference number stamped on the inner clasp blade, along with the assay hallmarks and karat weight/fineness/IC stampings.
However, apart from the clasp, the bracelet "looks" correct, and appears to be solid gold (of some sort), and not plated. Would be curious to see a pic of the backside and outer clasp.

For now, I'd say the watch looks to be authentic, except for the dial, bezel, crystal, and (probably) the bracelet. Just my $.02...
Not much of it is authentic then! It is a major Frankenstein.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 03:14 PM   #83
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:
Old 26 February 2018, 03:47 PM   #84
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'd pay 3k for it.
OP, here you go. Sounds like the gold is legit and presumably so is the movement. If you can get 3k then sell it and call it a day. Your other option is to find an independent watchmaker to reinstall an authentic dial, crystal, and bezel. You can either sell for 3k as is or spend another $1700 (if you shop around) and maybe get significantly more.
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 01:17 AM   #85
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:

Iv'e been trying to follow this story but all it did was give me a headache...
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 01:35 AM   #86
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
If you want some type of authenticity benchmark, mail it to a RSC and ask for a quote on service. They will put everything right and wrong on paper for the quote. Get the quote, decline the service, and sell the watch as described in the quote.
Do this, or you look like the fake.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 05:47 AM   #87
aznav
"TRF" Member

double post
aznav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 05:49 AM   #88
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Do this, or you look like the fake.
Can't believe I'm back. I wrote in here that to send it to RSC it will cost $150. If just one part is aftermarket, they will not give an appraisal. They will send it back and keep the $150. So, that won't work. By the way, I learned that from the fake Rolex dealer when I went to see him in his fake store in fake Charlottesville.

I feel like I've hung my ass out the window and asked real questions and taken those questions to heart. There is a small thread of folks that seem to take a special interest in ripping me a new one. I have been as honest as i can be. If you followed the posts, chronologically, from this thread I would hope you understand that I am not anything close to what you guys know.

I find it somewhat humorous that I have been a member of this forum longer than most of you but somehow I have become a troll. Yes, not many posts but I have enjoyed reading the input of its members and yes, I'd like to die with some kind of Submariner on my wrist. My occupation and salary cannot afford. My education could if there was money in it. If any of you are running down I81 I would be glad to take you to lunch. That I can afford.
Old 2 March 2018, 05:53 AM   #89
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

I've never heard of RSC simply sending it back without the quote (including reverting back to factory parts).

Now, if for some reason it happened to just simply not even be a genuine Rolex, then it makes sense they would stop there and send it back with no quote.

Remember, they likely see LOTS of fuckery in the way of bezels and other aftermarket pieces on watches sent in. If bet it's somewhat common.
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 05:55 AM   #90
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
A quick review might be in order, I believe you started off be trying to sell your (sisters, family members, space aliens) "rolex". Got called out on that and have found an excuse for every action since. My question is why?