The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 February 2019, 07:10 AM   #61
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotichamster8 View Post
love love mine. way better than those stainless garbage ;)
cold call from a local dealer that I was wait listed for the ss version. never purchased a watch from them in the past. now has me for life lol
around 13ish% discount. very happy
Damn that's a killer deal! The watch looks incredible too. Great upsell by your AD...
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2019, 07:18 AM   #62
HubbleNox
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
I didn't think these were part of the shortage. Thought the shortage was SS only. I got lucky I guess, My AD called me when they got the 519 while I was waiting 1000th on the line for the BLRO and the White dial 500...
HubbleNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2019, 01:47 PM   #63
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
cold call from a local dealer that I was wait listed for the ss version. never purchased a watch from them in the past. now has me for life lol

That's the one. End of line.
The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 01:48 AM   #64
neurotichamster8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Argonaut View Post
That's the one. End of line.
exactly. a measure of a watch is if it goes well with a jeans/shirt or a suite.

this one checks all the boxes for me and I am biased but I think it is the prettiest watch Rolex makes

neurotichamster8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 03:23 AM   #65
mastersub
"TRF" Member

One has been sitting in the window of my local AD for several months now...
mastersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 04:39 AM   #66
Wiener48
Banned

„has been“ ;-)
Wiener48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 05:23 AM   #67
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Love this watch on others, but really didn’t like it on my wrist. Too small and hard to read for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 08:40 AM   #68
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:

Standard PM 10% + 3% for paying cash maybe? Did you also save on Tax?

Stunning watch by the way!!!!
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 08:41 AM   #69
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Quote:
exactly. a measure of a watch is if it goes well with a jeans/shirt or a suite.

this one checks all the boxes for me and I am biased but I think it is the prettiest watch Rolex makes

Absolutely wonderful. Unless supplanted by some other piece, and I've a few more to try on, this is going to be my next and likely last watch. I don't wish to overstate matters--then again, this is TRF and you all "get it--but the feeling I had when I put this watch on is difficult to put into words. It's been a very long time since I put on a watch which had that level of emotional impact. I was and remain simply captivated by the look, weight, feel, everything. It made some other exceptional watches I was trying on, such as a 5146, AP15400, AP15202, Sky-Dweller, feel utterly average and almost dull by comparison. It may not work for many, but it works for me. I'm completely sold.
Old 21 February 2019, 09:08 AM   #70
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Rokex boutique in dallas Texas northpark mall had this watch Saturday.
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 09:10 AM   #71
awol123
"TRF" Member

Dream watch
awol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 09:31 AM   #72
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
dont get me started. Its the only watch i have had trouble getting. Including 5711, 5712, BLRO, 5990 etc.

If you get a discount i would be shocked.

I am at 1 year from my AD vs 0 days for a BLRO...offered a SS daytona C twice while i have been waiting. Distribution seems to be weird on this one and not some insane demand. If your AD gets one i imagine you can get it. Mine hasn't gotten one forever.

Swap mine with your 5711??

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 01:38 AM   #73
Wiener48
Banned

So we can say its possible to get from an AD but more and more difficult and waiting time?
Wiener48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 01:48 AM   #74
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Swap mine with your 5711??

that one only lasted about 8 months. I tried and tried to bond with it, and while i liked it it was never my go to watch and i kind of felt it should have been. Thats the problem with watches that get built up so much. When you own it the expectations are so high and it has to be the best watch ever or you are disappointed.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 01:53 AM   #75
Kaioken x20
Banned

Watch: 116618 or 116688?
Prices are climbing fast on these ones. Definitely cool.
Kaioken x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:05 AM   #76
landroverking
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Not sure, but seems that WG is harder to come by.
landroverking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:14 AM   #77
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
I got mine 8 months after the release. I went and tried and passed. Changed my mind couple days later and called AD, the watch was still there. apparently, couple more people also tried and passed. AD gave me a very good discount on it. strangely, it's been a year from when I got it, and that was the only one they have received so far.

Totally agree with Tyler. the bonding with my 519LN didn't last more than 6 months. I realized that I could never bond with Daytona, even though, I owned 2 SS and one WG. on the same token, I didn't bond with 5711 or 5712. The only ones I would never let go are AP 26401RO.02, PP 5726/1A and PP 5990.
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:24 AM   #78
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer24 View Post
I got mine 8 months after the release. I went and tried and passed. Changed my mind couple days later and called AD, the watch was still there. apparently, couple more people also tried and passed. AD gave me a very good discount on it. strangely, it's been a year from when I got it, and that was the only one they have received so far.

Totally agree with Tyler. the bonding with my 519LN didn't last more than 6 months. I realized that I could never bond with Daytona, even though, I owned 2 SS and one WG. on the same token, I didn't bond with 5711 or 5712. The only ones I would never let go are AP 26401RO.02, PP 5726/1A and PP 5990.
oh i would bond with the OF daytona im pretty sure. It was the 5711 i had the most trouble with. the problem remains though that since i have been waiting forever for it, it better be awesome
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 22 February 2019, 02:40 AM   #79
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
The problemi have with the ceramic Daytona on oyster flex is that the end links are NOT removable. So impossible to change different straps if one chose to do so. The after market would need to be designed to retrofit the end links

I think it would look cool on a nice black racing strap from time to time. I did that on my SS Daytona black dial

Nice change up while keeping my white dial on the bracelet

I really like the strap
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:48 AM   #80
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Argonaut View Post
Absolutely wonderful. Unless supplanted by some other piece, and I've a few more to try on, this is going to be my next and likely last watch. I don't wish to overstate matters--then again, this is TRF and you all "get it--but the feeling I had when I put this watch on is difficult to put into words. It's been a very long time since I put on a watch which had that level of emotional impact. I was and remain simply captivated by the look, weight, feel, everything. It made some other exceptional watches I was trying on, such as a 5146, AP15400, AP15202, Sky-Dweller, feel utterly average and almost dull by comparison. It may not work for many, but it works for me. I'm completely sold.
I echo your thoughts. I tried it on so many times and was basically sold from the get go. It felt awful having to give it back each time, and very few watches give me that emotional feeling. I was only trying to wait for the right deal, which never really materialized. Now that secondary prices have gone up, I felt good enough to take the plunge.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:48 AM   #81
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
Quote:
oh i would bond with the OF daytona im pretty sure. It was the 5711 i had the most trouble with. the problem remains though that since i have been waiting forever for it, it better be awesome
Good luck on your quest! the waiting has quickly becoming a prerequisite in the watch collecting experience. getting the call is almost as exciting as getting the watch itself. LOL
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:24 AM   #82
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
that one only lasted about 8 months. I tried and tried to bond with it, and while i liked it it was never my go to watch and i kind of felt it should have been. Thats the problem with watches that get built up so much. When you own it the expectations are so high and it has to be the best watch ever or you are disappointed.

Interesting stuff.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 10:59 AM   #83
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Definitely an issue at the heart of many of the posts on TRF: "I want to buy [insert watch details], but can't get it because of demand." When they do finally get their hands on the watch and try it on, many are either disappointed, or buy it with the intention of bonding with it despite the lack of fizz a few days, weeks, months, after getting it. It's ironic really, the lack of watches to try on is likely contributing to the culture of flipping. Few will pass on a watch they've waited a long time for, only to later discover the watch doesn't really do it for them and then gets moved on.
Old 22 February 2019, 11:02 AM   #84
edyu
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdate View Post
I don’t think they fly out the door same day when an AD does get them in general, they may hang around a week or two so if an AD gets one you will have a good chance of getting it, the issue is that there just aren’t that many of them around. If you had the ability to go to every AD, I’m sure you could find one today. I’d probably just start by going on the Rolex site, going down the list and start making calls!
This. My AD had one randomly in the display case but it was sold the afternoon after I visited (I was there for something else and I passed on this watch). I believe it was sold with a discount too (10% or so).
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 01:42 PM   #85
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

I see preowned 519s in the grey market (Davidsw has one now) priced at or a tad below MSRP (which is 28.8k USD).
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 03:01 AM   #86
jcoltrane
"TRF" Member

One thing about the OF strap is if you have flatter wrists, it really isn't that comfortable. The "wings" underneath dig into my wrist and I keep hoping with time, the material will break-in a bit for more comfort. I've even contemplated shaving them off, but I assume they're there to allow the wrist to breathe.

Having said that, I've never considered getting rid of the watch, because the WG case and silver dial is hands down the most attractive Daytona combo. I just wish I could put the WG bracelet on it, then it truly would be the perfect.
jcoltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 03:23 AM   #87
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
One thing about the OF strap is if you have flatter wrists, it really isn't that comfortable. The "wings" underneath dig into my wrist and I keep hoping with time, the material will break-in a bit for more comfort. I've even contemplated shaving them off, but I assume they're there to allow the wrist to breathe.

Having said that, I've never considered getting rid of the watch, because the WG case and silver dial is hands down the most attractive Daytona combo. I just wish I could put the WG bracelet on it, then it truly would be the perfect.
You're not alone. I have a very flat wrist, and I have the exact same problem. Got RSC to fit the right length Oyster flex straps and still digs in my wrist. I tend to wear it on the looser side so it's more comfortable.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 03:47 AM   #88
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post

i have pretty flat wrists, and i really liked the OF on my YM. IMO the biggest benefit is that you dont have to wear it tight and the watch doesn't slide around because of the wings. I dont know if that is part of the design or not but compared to other rubber straps on heavy PM watches most slide around a lot more than a Rolex.
Old 23 February 2019, 03:51 AM   #89
tng11
"TRF" Member

I have very flat and small wrists and find the strap the most comfortable I've ever owned. Only things better are the BLRO and Nautilus bracelets, but it's a close call. I don't wear the OF strap super tight, but the watch is still stable and doesn't move up/down my wrist like other watches do precisely because of the inner wings.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 03:53 AM   #90
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
I have very flat and small wrists and find the strap the most comfortable I've ever owned. Only things better are the BLRO and Nautilus bracelets, but it's a close call. I don't wear the OF strap super tight, but the watch is still stable and doesn't move up/down my wrist like other watches do precisely because of the inner wings.
its by far the softest rubber strap i have ever had... and its extremely flexible and that is impressive considering there is metal (titanium?) blades running through it. Its more flexible than a RO rubber strap and for sure an aquanaut strap and that is just rubber and no metal.