The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 February 2019, 11:09 PM   #1
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Rolex Service ( UK ) Absolute disgrace

There is SO SO much more to this but I know that people wont read it if I go into detail.

Long and short is my new watch was sent in for a simple glass and dial change , came back only the glass done and a nice scratch on the lug , Off it went again and came back with a flawed dial fitted and damaged links , Off it went again and came back with hair on the dial and a combination of recessed/protuding link screws. The watch was kindly accepted back by the AD after all this and I purchased another.

I later noticed this watch had a flawed clasp , so off it went and I requested a link be changed to better fit, Being sure to point out several times that the screws where to be returned as they where sent and not altered, especially ones that where not being refitted in the link change.

Since spending around £40 on return postage previously plus a 4 hour drive to the AD I asked they send a pre paid return package this time , this is what they sent ( and all that was sent ) I ended up having to borrow a friends service box under the promise RSC would replace it , which they also failed to do correctly but that's minor in the grand scheme :

Eventually , after being told a few different days when it wluld be ready to be returned the watch arrives back with EVERY screw changed , All sitting recessed at both sides and the polishing slots now visible. When questioned I was told they had “bruised” the screw when changing the link so replaced and matched the other “good links” to the same recess…

Here are a couple extracts from our correspondence, check out the last one which is the responce i got two weeks after my email when i chased then up.

Me :

RSC :

Me :

RSC :

I sent details to Geneva and was ignored , I sent a letter to the UK after sales director who responded without addressing my points pretty much telling me how good there service is then ignored my reply.

If anyone has any advice id appreciate it.
agentsmith350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 11:14 PM   #2
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Any pics of the damage and/or errant link pins?

I’m also curious as to what required a new watch to need a new crystal and dial.

Friday afternoon watch?
Old 21 February 2019, 11:15 PM   #3
Bigguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 4000
Sounds to me like you need to have a beer and relax....plenty of other issues in the world!

Enjoy your new watch!
Bigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 11:17 PM   #4
outtatime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
This is what happens to a corporation that’s become too big for its britches. That feels its own brand cache and frothing demand will overshadow anything like this. Why treat your customers well? They have more customers than product right now. If you’re unhappy, someone else will gladly take your place. Plus, they’re not making money on this service.

Sad but this is true new normal. Go try to get your iPhone repaired under warranty. You’ll find they have an entire process devoted to coming up with reasons to deny your claim. But don’t worry, they’re happy to sell you a new one.

Scratches ≠ "Character"
outtatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 11:19 PM   #5
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Any pics of the damage and/or errant link pins?
I'm putting some before and after together , but at the moment all screws sit recessed and there are slight slots visible which are where the screw slot is from the factory polishing, not visible if the same screw is kept matched to the link if that makes sense. Made worse by the fact I've basically been lied to about my request to leave them as they where received ( in new condition )

It's not so much that specific problem , but the whole service has been abysmal and they are unwilling to hold there hands up , but rather keep spouting how excellent there service is and how well they do things while continuing to do the opposite in their actions
Old 21 February 2019, 11:33 PM   #6
Wristwatcherboy
"TRF" Member

Sounds like an awful experience. Do you know which uk service centre worked on your watch?

I bought a new Tudor last year and it had 2 white specs of dirt on the dial, so took it to RSC st James in London. Very professional and helpful service, however when I received the watch back I noticed that the new dial had a great big dark mark on it. I returned the watch to them and they apologised and said they would replace the dial again. Later that day I got a call from a man who said he was head of Tudor Uk, apologising profusely. He explained that their technician damaged/dented the new dial when they were installing it, and that it should never have happened. There was also going to be a delay in returning my watch as they had to order a brand new dial from Geneva.

So I had really great customer service but I guess you could say I also had poor workmanship. Damaging a new dial as it’s being installed really shouldn’t happen.
Wristwatcherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 11:37 PM   #7
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wristwatcherboy View Post
Sounds like an awful experience. Do you know which uk service centre worked on your watch?

I bought a new Tudor last year and it had 2 white specs of dirt on the dial, so took it to RSC st James in London. Very professional and helpful service, however when I received the watch back I noticed that the new dial had a great big dark mark on it. I returned the watch to them and they apologised and said they would replace the dial again. Later that day I got a call from a man who said he was head of Tudor Uk, apologising profusely. He explained that their technician damaged/dented the new dial when they were installing it, and that it should never have happened. There was also going to be a delay in returning my watch as they had to order a brand new dial from Geneva.

So I had really great customer service but I guess you could say I also had poor workmanship. Damaging a new dial as it’s being installed really shouldn’t happen.

See if they had so much as said sorry for the inconvenience origionally it would have gone a long way , but they never acknowledged any of the damage they had done , and I had to fight and beg for them to do anything about it, and ultimately have been told tough.

It was St James originally that changed the glass but refused the dial change , and scratched the case in the process, Everything has been via Kent since.
Old 21 February 2019, 11:56 PM   #8
R G
Banned

haha I know exactly who you've been dealing with based on that terminology within the written correspondence - 'always had the best of intentions'.

Poor, poor service, and more and more of this coming out of the RSC's.

I don't think they realise that by putting their hands up and admitting a mistake, it would gain them credibility. After all, we're only human. Seems like they just don't want to accept fault, though, and that irritates people.
R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 11:58 PM   #9
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
It’s a shame you’ve had these issues. In general, I’ve had excellent service from Rolex and have never had reason to complain. That said, I’d be fairly miffed if I had had the experience you have had.

As with all these things, keep calm and polite and hopefully it can be resolved to your satisfaction (I should take my own advice occasionally). If you can I’d reccomend going to the service centre yourself as you can point out the issues when you pick up/send in etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:00 AM   #10
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I’m sorry you had to go through all that. Hope you come out on the other end with a resolution you’re happy with

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:12 AM   #11
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R G View Post
haha I know exactly who you've been dealing with based on that terminology within the written correspondence - 'always had the best of intentions'.

Poor, poor service, and more and more of this coming out of the RSC's.

I don't think they realise that by putting their hands up and admitting a mistake, it would gain them credibility. After all, we're only human. Seems like they just don't want to accept fault, though, and that irritates people.
Exaclty , Its insulting. I've dealt with a few different people there and most have ended there email with something along those lines so id say it must be part of their corporate template.
Old 22 February 2019, 12:18 AM   #12
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
Sounds to me like you need to have a beer and relax....plenty of other issues in the world!

Enjoy your new watch!
Yeah, how dare he complain when something that he bought new is flawed. The nerve. By the way can you tell us a time when you bought something very expensive and it wasn't right and you just let it go by having a beer. Spare no details please.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:20 AM   #13
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Post some pictures of these so called flawed clasp, dial fitting, and damaged links so we call all see exactly what the problem is.And why was your new watch sent for what you call a glass and dial change and what reference watch.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:35 AM   #14
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

This is odd; why would a new watch need a fresh glass and dial? And I can’t make a lot of sense of the tale about the screws.....the whole account is very different to the service I experienced. And why did Rolex refuse to change the dial? It’s one of those situations where I’d like to hear what Rolex makes of it all.
In general, the fashionable ‘bashing’ of Rolex service seems over-the-top. Unlike many watch companies , they offer a comprehensive service set-up and, to me, give the impression of real professionalism.
Obviously, not everyone agrees. But tell me, which rival company does it better?
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:49 AM   #15
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
This is odd; why would a new watch need a fresh glass and dial? And I can’t make a lot of sense of the tale about the screws.....the whole account is very different to the service I experienced. And why did Rolex refuse to change the dial? It’s one of those situations where I’d like to hear what Rolex makes of it all.
In general, the fashionable ‘bashing’ of Rolex service seems over-the-top. Unlike many watch companies , they offer a comprehensive service set-up and, to me, give the impression of real professionalism.
Obviously, not everyone agrees. But tell me, which rival company does it better?
"Fashionable bashing" ? Come on man..you will get no recognition for blindly defending Rolex , the glass was visibly crooked and dial marked,they fobbed me off the first time as said marks on dials where normal and scratched the case while they where at it. I have had better service buying cheap Armani "fashion" watches years ago than this , I recently bought a breitling and Tudor and had no problems at all.
Old 22 February 2019, 02:00 AM   #16
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Sorry to read this. I have been lucky in the 30 years of buying/trading Rolex, I have never had a QC issue. One of the reasons I choose the brand. Had a good experience with RSC Dallas last year but only a sample of 1.

Good luck with a favorable resolution.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:16 AM   #17
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith350 View Post
"Fashionable bashing" ? Come on man..you will get no recognition for blindly defending Rolex , the glass was visibly crooked and dial marked,they fobbed me off the first time as said marks on dials where normal and scratched the case while they where at it. I have had better service buying cheap Armani "fashion" watches years ago than this , I recently bought a breitling and Tudor and had no problems at all.
Explain the glass was visibly crooked and have asked for pictures and what reference watch.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 22 February 2019, 02:29 AM   #18
RJC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Which UK AD did you buy the watch from? Did you notice any of the faults before purchase and did the watch definitely go to the Rolex UK service centre and not the AD’s own workshop?

Current - DSSD 116660 - Sea-Dweller 126600
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 02:36 AM   #19
JodyHighroller
Banned

Pics of watch in question here would greatly help.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 03:24 AM   #20
Joe Public
"TRF" Member

Wow I wouldd expect Rolex to sort it properly, guess I am new round here !
Joe Public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 03:41 AM   #21
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Which UK AD did you buy the watch from? Did you notice any of the faults before purchase and did the watch definitely go to the Rolex UK service centre and not the AD’s own workshop?
Definetly went to Rolex, I liased with them during the process.
Old 22 February 2019, 03:45 AM   #22
Dr Watches
Banned

Post up some pictures. I'm not saying that I don't believe you... but pictures would help. You obviously know how to post pictures, so just snap a few.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 04:01 AM   #23
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Watches View Post
Post up some pictures. I'm not saying that I don't believe you... but pictures would help. You obviously know how to post pictures, so just snap a few.
Well myself have asked twice in this thread for pictures and asked to explain the crooked glass and the reference watch in question.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 22 February 2019, 04:29 AM   #24
Montremoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post

Enjoy your new watch!
I'm at loss for words. Wow. How nice of you to blame the victim.
Montremoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 04:43 AM   #25
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
If it was a new watch, why did you not reject it in the first place and get another watch?
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 04:53 AM   #26
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
OP needs to post the pics and model type like Peter has said three times now
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:08 AM   #27
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith350 View Post
If anyone has any advice id appreciate it
Buy a lottery ticket.

With your winnings, buy an Omega.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:19 AM   #28
outtatime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
OP needs to post the pics and model type like Peter has said three times now
Why does he “need” to do those things?

Scratches ≠ "Character"
outtatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:22 AM   #29
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtatime View Post

Because he’s asked for advice, and it’s not unreasonable for people to want to see the level of damage before giving advice.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:30 AM   #30
Oryx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtatime View Post
I agree. It’s a bit heavy duty to effectively force the OP to post pictures. I’m sure generic advice can be given without detailed pics of the damage.

I for one would suggest formally writing to Rolex UK outlining all of the issues you have suffered etc and detailing what you would like to happen to resolve these problems.
Oryx is offline   Reply With Quote