The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 6 May 2009, 07:35 PM   #61
Lol-x
Facilitator

Are you alleging that there has been some kind of impropriety by the moderators/administrators? If so spell it out in making such a serious allegation.

But the moderators/administrators are not going to go into details (which may well include private messages and other information relating to the banned member) every time someone asks 'why was xxx banned?'

Diplomatically let me just say there were issues which were not satisfactorily resolved (and which in no way relate to the 5513 sale) that resulted in the forum and Axel parting ways.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 6 May 2009, 07:41 PM   #62
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
I accept you explanation

Thanks

Tim
Old 6 May 2009, 08:12 PM   #63
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post
If indeed he was banned for other reasons, and I don't doubt that that is true then I think it is reasonable that members should know clearly what those reasons are.
Nice in theory. However, I'll put it to you simply. If I banned you and went around telling everyone, "Hey guys, Java did this and got himself kicked out", it would do neither you nor I any favours - I'd be rubbing salt into your wounds and frankly, when I've got a forum to run, I don't have the time to go chasing after something that is no longer a problem.

The other members of the forum generally accept that we do not talk about banned members (note Mosco's cautious preface to his query). After years of trying different approaches to issues such as this, the current policy is one that we can live with, and it's one that's not going to change. We've already invented the wheel and discovered fire, so let's move on.
Old 6 May 2009, 08:26 PM   #64
Java
"TRF" Member

As I said I accep your explanation.
Having re-read your initial response to my coments. I wouldn't suggest a career in the diplomatic core.
Thanks for taking the time to explain

Tim
Old 6 May 2009, 08:34 PM   #65
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Well, thanks for the career advice. Oddly enough, people pay me reasonable amounts of money to be a psychologist. Go figure.

I suppose your acceptance of the explanation is nice, but let's be clear that your decision to accept it would not have had any impact upon the outcome.

You may not wish to accept that after 67 posts here, you're significantly less than familiar with the dynamic of this forum works than the folks who have been running it for years. So be it, but each mod here has more than enough experience with the myriad of ways in which things can go pear-shaped, and as such knows the caveats to what might seem to new members to be the obvious choice.

Pick any mod here and I'll show you someone who's collected way too many scars to be lectured about what is reasonable. There's always method to the madness, and hopefully you'll join the ranks of the more astute members who understand that they see much less of the big picture than the mods.
Old 6 May 2009, 08:38 PM   #66
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post
As I said I accep your explanation.
Having re-read your initial response to my coments. I wouldn't suggest a career in the diplomatic core.
Thanks for taking the time to explain

Tim
I agree with you Java.

Nobody cuts through the bullshit like James does.

Old 6 May 2009, 08:40 PM   #67
Java
"TRF" Member

Well I am very pleased to know how well paid you are.
You seem pretty desperate to have the last word. So being of generous spirit I will leave the space below for exactly that and sign off this particular thread. Once again Thank you for taking the time to explain.
Tim
Old 6 May 2009, 08:48 PM   #68
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

How odd. Seems to me that after being advised to cut your losses, you came back with more hand-wringing, and now I'm the one who wants the last word?

Kettle, meet pot.

You'll understand if I don't appreciate the *ahem* generousity that you claim - or was that proclaim?
Old 6 May 2009, 08:52 PM   #69
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I agree with you Java.

Nobody cuts through the bullshit like James does.
Well, you know me, Eddie. I'm just a simple-living kind of guy - if someone's asking for a punch in the nose, I'd rather punch him in the nose than stab him in the back.
Old 6 May 2009, 10:35 PM   #70
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Well, you know me, Eddie. I'm just a simple-living kind of guy - if someone's asking for a punch in the nose, I'd rather punch him in the nose than stab him in the back.
That sounds reasonable to me...

You know, Java - when I first started on TRF - James wasn't my favorite mod. There, I said it. I felt as though he was a bit tough on some members (including myself) and his approach should have been softened up a bit. But then I thought about it - they're (Steve and the Mod Squad) aren't running a friggin day care here.

Fast forward a few months - and I am convinced that TRF is the best forum on the web, certainly the most civilized and interesting. Why you ask? Because trash is swept out regularly. Because men are treated like men. Because your actuions are directly proportional to the result. Oh my, what a concept - being held accountable for your doings??!??! That sounds like the real world. So, what's wrong with that?

I don't put blind faith in anyone, but the track record here speaks for itself. If I am unsure of the mods actions, I will ask - but not the way you did. The accusatory tone you took on would irk me as well, so don't be shocked at the response you received.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 6 May 2009, 11:07 PM   #71
ippon20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710 (3186)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post

You know, Java - when I first started on TRF - James wasn't my favorite mod. There, I said it. I felt as though he was a bit tough on some members (including myself) and his approach should have been softened up a bit. But then I thought about it - they're (Steve and the Mod Squad) aren't running a friggin day care here.

Fast forward a few months - and I am convinced that TRF is the best forum on the web, certainly the most civilized and interesting. Why you ask? Because trash is swept out regularly. Because men are treated like men. Because your actuions are directly proportional to the result. Oh my, what a concept - being held accountable for your doings??!??! That sounds like the real world. So, what's wrong with that?

I don't put blind faith in anyone, but the track record here speaks for itself. If I am unsure of the mods actions, I will ask - but not the way you did. The accusatory tone you took on would irk me as well, so don't be shocked at the response you received.
I gotta agree here. Being a member of other forums, this is by far the most productive to me. I for one enjoy having different personality types in the Mods and the way they handle issues. Although at times people may have the perception that Mods are being abrasive, at the end of the day they are protecting all of us in one way or another. They truly have the ability to see the forest without focusing on a single tree. I'd rather be told flat out that I've done something wrong then be led around on a leash and treated like a little kid getting spanked. At the risk of getting off topic, I hope the Mods read this and see they are appreciated by many here.

Instagram @pivot_and_spine
Old 7 May 2009, 12:03 AM   #72
fusebuddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMTII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Nope.

Axel was banned for repeatedly refusing to comply with an admin request to account for his own stated ownership of the watches in his photos.
Gedanken,

New guy here. Please clarify to someone not so familiar with everything on this forum quite yet. Were those photos of watches for sale by Axel? Not trying to continue the debate, just trying to learn something here. Appreciate your respone.
Old 7 May 2009, 01:56 AM   #73
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
let's clarify. he is

OK?

I've resorted to speaking in pictures. Sigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusebuddy View Post
Gedanken,

New guy here. Please clarify to someone not so familiar with everything on this forum quite yet. Were those photos of watches for sale by Axel? Not trying to continue the debate, just trying to learn something here. Appreciate your respone.

I think he was posting pics of watches saying look at my collection that maybe weren't really his watches...
Old 7 May 2009, 02:06 AM   #74
Bebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: U macallit
Do we as TRF members have the right to know who the other innocent party is?
Old 7 May 2009, 02:22 AM   #75
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Jen, I love you!

If Audi 5000 doesn't clarify it for people, I don't know what will!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 7 May 2009, 02:32 AM   #76
WatchTimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
This is why I always like to us US Postal Money orders.

Bank transfers, regular money orders etc etc it is a federal crime BUT who is going to investigate it? Local authorities are out as its across state lines, it goes to the FBI and they do not have the time or man power to investigate something like this unless the person has MANY cases against them.

US Postal Money Orders are also a Federal Crime BUT they are investigated my the US Postmasters (yes, they are real Law Enforcement and carry guns) and they really are not that busy. Their main concern is mail theft so they shadow mail trucks quite often so when something like this comes up they love to get it cleared up and prosecute.

I speak from experience, I have had issues with regular money orders, paypal, bank transfers and US Postal MO's and the US Postal service was quickest and easiest to resolve the issue with.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
Old 7 May 2009, 02:35 AM   #77
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
Quote:
Jen, I love you!

If Audi 5000 doesn't clarify it for people, I don't know what will!
I knew exactly where Jen was coming from

I was staying away from this thread but couldn't help it after Jens post

Have a feeling this thread is near the end of its life

Old 7 May 2009, 03:22 AM   #78
allanofcalifornia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijen0311 View Post
let's clarify. he is

OK?
Oh my goodness!! This is really sad! He turned into a car!!

Allan
Old 7 May 2009, 03:50 AM   #79
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk01 View Post
I knew exactly where Jen was coming from

I was staying away from this thread but couldn't help it after Jens post

Have a feeling this thread is near the end of its life
Please say it is so.......

Old 7 May 2009, 09:44 AM   #80
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
what the heck is going on in this here thread..
I have been called away from some serious sleeping to come read it..
and now I am awake and cant go back to sleep..
and I am so confused and I am not sure its because I am half asleep..lol
Old 7 May 2009, 11:39 AM   #81
HoustonRider
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijen0311 View Post
let's clarify. he is

OK?

I've resorted to speaking in pictures. Sigh!

I think he was posting pics of watches saying look at my collection that maybe weren't really his watches...
I thought I was the only one who used the term "audi 5000"... lol

word.
M Platinum Yachtmaster
Old 7 May 2009, 01:29 PM   #82
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
Icon3 huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYogi View Post
This is why I always like to us US Postal Money orders.

Bank transfers, regular money orders etc etc it is a federal crime BUT who is going to investigate it? Local authorities are out as its across state lines, it goes to the FBI and they do not have the time or man power to investigate something like this unless the person has MANY cases against them.

US Postal Money Orders are also a Federal Crime BUT they are investigated my the US Postmasters (yes, they are real Law Enforcement and carry guns) and they really are not that busy. Their main concern is mail theft so they shadow mail trucks quite often so when something like this comes up they love to get it cleared up and prosecute.

I speak from experience, I have had issues with regular money orders, paypal, bank transfers and US Postal MO's and the US Postal service was quickest and easiest to resolve the issue with.
This is GREAT information...I'd love to hear you share some generic details about how it was "resolved" in a separate post? (or PM if you don't wanna broadcast)... Would love to hear how a scammer got busted as too often, that is not the case!

Guess I need to read up on the Audi 5000...off to Wiki ("I read it on the internet, so it must be true!)!

to all! --Paul

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald
Old 7 May 2009, 01:34 PM   #83
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
Icon10 Ps...

Just back from the Urban Dictionary and quick

1. Audi 5000

An adjective desribing one or more people who intend on leaving a particular place. Audi's model 5000 sedan was plagued with a problem charcterized by unintended acceleration, in which drivers' complained that the vehicle lurched forward when their foot was on the brake pedal. In reality, it turned out that the acclerator and brake pedals were unusually close together. This is why Audi 5000 is associated with leaving quickly, because that is what this vehicle did when some old fartknocker hit the gas instead of the brakes.
"I'm Audi 5000". or "I'm Audi".

Now I get it!

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald
Old 7 May 2009, 02:00 PM   #84
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Ah the Audi 5000
About an hour north of here, there is a long hill on the highway. No lie, Audi's would catch fire going up there just about one a week.
On one trip I made, I passed TWO burned out A-5000's

Member # 293
Old 7 May 2009, 03:50 PM   #85
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippon20 View Post
I gotta agree here. Being a member of other forums, this is by far the most productive to me. I for one enjoy having different personality types in the Mods and the way they handle issues. Although at times people may have the perception that Mods are being abrasive, at the end of the day they are protecting all of us in one way or another. They truly have the ability to see the forest without focusing on a single tree. I'd rather be told flat out that I've done something wrong then be led around on a leash and treated like a little kid getting spanked. At the risk of getting off topic, I hope the Mods read this and see they are appreciated by many here.
Gentlemen, thank you.

I'd just like to add one thing. It's the members and the mods that make this forum, and one of our biggest advantages is that for most part, our members are mature enough to accept that what they see is not necessarily all there is, and to understand that situations and decisions may be affected by factors that they may not be aware of.
Old 7 May 2009, 05:01 PM   #86
blaine mattison
"TRF" Member

Watch: my next find
i should of gotten the better seats.that was a good one!
Old 7 May 2009, 05:01 PM   #87
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
WHEW!!! I come home from a hard day's work and get to read this!!!

Now tell me......what the hell did I miss?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 7 May 2009, 05:11 PM   #88
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
WHEW!!! I come home from a hard day's work and get to read this!!!

Now tell me......what the hell did I miss?
JJ you missed out on more fun than a jumpsuit full of weasels

Old 7 May 2009, 05:16 PM   #89
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by idk01 View Post
JJ you missed out on more fun than a jumpsuit full of weasels

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 7 May 2009, 05:23 PM   #90
gparham
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18k Datejust
I haven't had much experience dealing with paypal, but as a business owner, I have had a lot of experience with credit cards, merchant processors, and the like. If you initiated the transaction with a credit card, you can call your credit card company (usually within 6 months to a year of the purchase) and file what's commonly referred to as a chargeback. Your credit card company will usually either refund you immediately, or at the very least, withdraw the funds from the seller's account, at which point, it will be up to him/her to prove that he/she delivered on the item(s) promised.

Having gone through paypal might make things a little murky, but I would contact both paypal and your cc company to cover all of your bases. Your cc company will usually ask you the reason for filing the dispute - common reasons being item not as promised, or item not delivered. In the latter case, the seller would have to prove that he/she shipped the item, and that it was received and signed for at the billing address associated with your credit card. If he/she can't do that, you'll win the chargeback and get your money.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
Closed Thread