The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 8 January 2013, 11:17 AM   #61
tricore
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Mine's is 159 gms or 5.6 oz compared to the older model at 135 gms or 4.8 oz.
tricore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2013, 03:43 AM   #62
Alienivan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricore View Post
Mine's is 159 gms or 5.6 oz compared to the older model at 135 gms or 4.8 oz.
Including all the band link went purchase ?

Going to Toronto in a few month to purchase a 114060 from Watchfinder.ca and did not find a lot of reviews from that place.

One way (of many) to verify if a Rolex is real is checking the exact weight, since no fake have the exact weight precisely.

Is the serial on the 114060 engrave at the 6 O'clock position on the other case as previous 14060M ?

Thanks
Alienivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2013, 04:19 AM   #63
honeybear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vacheron Overseas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienivan View Post
Including all the band link went purchase ?

Going to Toronto in a few month to purchase a 114060 from Watchfinder.ca and did not find a lot of reviews from that place.

One way (of many) to verify if a Rolex is real is checking the exact weight, since no fake have the exact weight precisely.

Is the serial on the 114060 engrave at the 6 O'clock position on the other case as previous 14060M ?

Thanks
I suggest you learn to distinguish between a free sprung and indexed balance, and ask the seller to remove the caseback for you to verify the movement.
Old 9 January 2013, 06:06 AM   #64
Alienivan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
I suggest you learn to distinguish between a free sprung and indexed balance, and ask the seller to remove the caseback for you to verify the movement.
Thanks for the info and after educating myshelf about the difference it is clear that no fake watch would duplicated a free sprung system.
...but asking a seller to open a BNIB Rolex backcase to confirm authenticity is somewhat delicate... they must be other way to confirm or validate.
Alienivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2013, 07:29 AM   #65
Jack H.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Love the no date. Incredible watch! Do you plan on diving with it?
Jack H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2013, 12:47 PM   #66
IJP
"TRF" Member

Just bought a 114060 (ceramic no date). I have the "Hulk" green/green ceramic and some vintage gold rolexes. I had a GMT II ceramic which i sold (rarely wore it). I must say the new no date ceramic is as classic a watch as i have seen. A true, pure sports/dive watch for the 21st century. I appreciate the 14060 and the other old style Rolexes as well but everything visual evolves: art, clothes, buildings, hairstyles and watches. Doesn't mean I don't also like 70s cars!
IJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2013, 07:21 AM   #67
ROLEX2447
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Yachtmaster II
Great watch and great write-up!

ROLEX2447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2013, 11:16 AM   #68
stuffgeek
"TRF" Member

Man I like this watch. I thought I was sold on the SD but now I am not so sure....
stuffgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2013, 11:48 AM   #69
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I like the 114060, but I don't think the 14060 deserves the thrashing the OP gives it.

Nothing will ever replace this baby, even it is as big as a Frisbee and weighs metric ton.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2013, 03:50 PM   #70
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Thanks for the great review! I can totally relate to what you have gone through to get the watch you really love.

I have bought and sold a lot of watches myself over the past few years. Last week, I tried on the Sub ND 114060 for the first time. There is really nothing about that watch that I would change.

At the moment, I have the 36mm Explorer I. Even though it has the older Oyster bracelet with the hollow center links, it is a small watch, so it doesn't bother me. Having said that, when I put on the new Sub ND, I just feel that everything is right.

I also have an Omega Speedmaster "moonwatch" which is 42mm. It feels too big a lot of the time.

I have spent a lot of time going through watches trying to find the perfect size, and I believe the Sub is it. I have a feeling that I might just be selling my other watches to buy one. The Subs, according to my AD, are discounted rarerly now, and if so, very little.

I don't have a lot of money, and I have lost a lot in buying and selling watches. But I'm not crying about it. I love having a nice watch on my wrist, and the money is no object compared to the fun I have had.

You did the right thing, and I am more than certain nobody can tell you otherwise!

Cheers,
Carl
Old 10 February 2013, 09:27 PM   #71
ongisnade
"TRF" Member

i guess this is the perfect rolex that i'm dreaming of, a modern-classic tool watch. can't wait to have one! thanks for the review
ongisnade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2013, 03:24 PM   #72
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
I like the 114060, but I don't think the 14060 deserves the thrashing the OP gives it.

Nothing will ever replace this baby, even it is as big as a Frisbee and weighs metric ton.

I still love the looks of the 14060. And I know that, like my Explorer I 36mm, if I had purchased one of those, it would be a keeper.

One of the things I do like most about the recent updates, is the fact that every time I see a wrist shot of it, or of the 14060, I only see very subtle differences, until I look really closely. They both seem to have the perfect wrist presence. Not too big, not too small.

And I can't stress enough my feelings that Rolex did the right thing by leaving the size at 40mm.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 12 February 2013, 08:00 PM   #73
SJCal90
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Though I prefer subs with the date window, 114060 is an awesome watch to own indeed!
SJCal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2013, 11:54 PM   #74
skyman51
Banned

Watch: 114060 ND SUB C
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
A couple of things.

I have had 5 Rolex watches in the past five years. And a panerai. I have never kept any of them for more than 5 months.

I started off with a DJ.. then a GMT2c.. Then a GMT (non-C)...Then a Deepsea... Then a Sub C. And a PAM 312 was in there somewhere.

I have never paid full retail for a watch, most of those watches I got for 20% off Retail at least NIB with the exception of the GMT which was used.

For one reason or another, those watches I knew were flippers... I would wear them for a couple months and make a profit selling..

I have never bothered writing a review on a watch.

That is until now.

I can keep myself keeping this watch and passing it on to one of my boys.
I did pay full retail, cause when I tried it on, I wouldnt take it off.

THIS AINT YOUR DADDYS SUB.

Many people say the great thing about the previous ND was that "ITS SO LIGHT, YOUR FORGET ITS THERE"..

I say bull. I dont want something so light, to the point it feels cheap.

I had the opportunity to buy a SUB 14060M, at a very cheap price. It was a safe queen... It was offered to me BNIB for $5k. I politely declined. Because it came with the caveat that I could not sell it, it would have to be my personal daily wearer.

When I tried on the 14060M, it felt soooo ancient and behind the times. Some people like that "classic" feeling, but not me. And that bracelet and clasp? No thanks.

When I tried on the SUBc ND, It felt just right on my 6.5 inch wrist. Perfect weight, symmetrical, and the gloss from the Cerachrom bezel was the icing on the cake. Some people say its too glossy, but that personal preference. It has just the right amount of bling.

The best thing for me though.. Is just the clean, clean profile.. You can see what i mean from the first pic below. The lack of cyclops really does just make this a thing of beauty.

I cant say much more about the bracelet.. Everyone knows by know that Rolex makes an amazing bracelet and clasp.

I have a prediction. I bet this will be one of Rolex's Top Sellers. I do not know how well the 14060M sold, but I heard it was a really bad seller. Probably from the reasons I listed.

But the $7500 MSRP on this watch I believe is justified.

Bracelet, ceramic bezel, blue lume, clasp, symmetrical beauty.. all add up to the perfect rolex.... FOR ME.

Could not have said it any better. I have been wearing Rolex sport watches for over 35 years and the 114060 ND SUB C is the best of all hands down!
skyman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2013, 06:08 AM   #75
jasonwest
Banned

114060 is awesome only flaw is it is not a 2 liner or it would be perfection.
jasonwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2013, 04:22 AM   #76
jmc1080
"TRF" Member

Nice story. Hope to get one soon.
jmc1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2013, 03:17 AM   #77
Rolexitis
"TRF" Member

Loving mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (110.1 KB, 365 views)
Old 29 December 2013, 12:49 AM   #78
xbox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hunting ...
Fine piece :)
xbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 04:15 AM   #79
sergio671980
"TRF" Member

I have also flipped a gmt II c and then went to a ceramic sub date.. After a couple of months with it I kept thinking about the no date ti finally I ran into a great deal on one and flipped the date for the no date and could not be happier and won't look back. Hope to be able to keep this one for a long time..

Old 9 January 2014, 08:10 AM   #80
Ed Man

Watch: 114060/116334
Recently picked up my 114060. I had purchased a DJ 36mm with my wife as a 50th birthday present. After purchasing I found this site and found the phenomenal admiration the Sub has. I have an older Date 34mm that's 20 years old and to be honest was out of touch with current Rolex offerings. I read one 114060 review and began to regret my purchase. I really wanted a more everyday type watch. Talking to my wife she just looked and said "maybe you should get a Sub as well". After getting over my surprise and doing some calculations, I went back to my AD and saw the 114060 sitting in his display. I immediately fell in love and it's been on my wrist ever since. My DJ will be my dressy watch but for everyday, it's hard to beat my Sub.
Ed Man is offline   Reply With Quote