The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 25 September 2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Flash Gordon

I need a good watch maker in Central Jersey

My father has left me a gold Longine which was in storage for the past 30 years. I plan to wear it from time to time. It still runs but I know it needs a good service. Anyone knows a good watchmaker in Central/North Jersey? Many thanks in advance.
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Flash Gordon

I got my Longine serviced last week by a local watchmaker. It's owned by an Asian husband and wife team. I have changed the battery for my Cartier and Concord watches some time back at this store, only $15 for each. These two watches have tiny screws in the back and it's time consuming to remove them. They charge $6 for "regular" watches.

They have a small store, nothing fancy. He told me the watch was very dirty. Took everything apart, ultrasonic cleaning, oiled the parts. Of course, he left the dial and hands intact. The manual watch is keeping good time. I check with some other local stores and the prices varied from $200 to $350. Paid $45 for mine. Price is not related to service in this case!
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Fergus01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIC
Hettich in st helier are 1st class for all watch matters, worth a try
Fergus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2012, 05:11 AM   #4
vintagewaferthin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air-King 5500
this thread gets me thinking, do any of you guys know of a watchmaker that services vintage timex. i know some say ''its not worth fixing'', but this watch is very sentimental to me because its the watch that got me into collecting vintage watches. its a 1968 gold plated timex waferthin. currently its being stored in my safe while i wait to find someone to give the movement a rebuild. if any of you guys know of a good watchmaker that will work on vintage timex pm me please.
vintagewaferthin is offline   Reply With Quote