The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 April 2020, 01:50 AM   #1
Bazza.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots of them
Comparing Sinn & Rolex

A video I just made comparing the Sinn 556 and Rolex OP39 114300 they are very similar in many ways
If you take money out of the equation which would you choose and why ?

https://youtu.be/kHbTvqevFic

Zenith 1931 Pocket Watch, Laco Memmingen,Corum Jumping Hours LE 001/300 , Sinn EZM1 LE ,EZM2-GSG9 , U2 Black, EZM13 , UX-GSG9 ,556A, 104 , 144 60th Anniversary , Oris Diver 65 1st gen , CIGA X Series Titanium , Dwiss R2, Pequignet Royal Manual
Bazza. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 02:43 PM   #2
usc1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub of course
well, i've had both brands and would choose the oyster for fit and finish. i also prefer the thinner hands than the pointy hour hand on the sinn. another plus for me is that the oyster is a tiny bit larger. i think 39 is the close to perfect in size.
usc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 01:28 PM   #3
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Interesting proposition. The Sinn looks good. If you covered up the brand names, you might get a 50-50 poll vote.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2020, 05:37 AM   #4
taura
"TRF" Member

I had the 556i with blue dial, in a left-handed configuration, bought directly from Sinn. They were happy to accommodate to my request, which is something you'd never get from the bigger brands. Build quality is also very good and the watch is extremely legible. However, the tool watch look and industrial vibe started bugging me so much that I eventually got rid of the watch. I need at least some curved and polished surfaces to hold my interest. I also learned that ETA movements coupled with see-through casebacks are not my thing.

The oyster case is much more "fine" and obviously more effort has been spent on finishing. For some reason the OP 39 is slightly too large for me, while the Sinn looks very modestly sized (with just 0.5 mm smaller diameter). Given the choice today, I would choose the Rolex because I know I could live with it. The Sinn would quickly find its way out of the house or to the bottom of the drawer, even though my respect for the brand only grew when I owned one.
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 01:27 PM   #5
irate.alien
"TRF" Member

I'm a massive Sinn fanboy (looking at your signature, I'd say maybe you are too?). I think the way a lot of people just like Rolex as a brand, I feel the same about Sinn. No doubt at all the fit and finish of Rolex is superior. But there's something about Sinn's no-nonsense utility that I really like. That and the fact that I can probably beat someone to death with my U1. I mean, there's just no way on Earth James Bond killed a baddie with an Explorer 1016.
Old 7 August 2020, 11:58 AM   #6
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I'd still choose the OP, but not in that color. The Sinn looks good though.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote