The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 August 2010, 03:28 PM   #1
keigorjai

Watch: 16610 LV
Which country has the lowest price of Rolex?

Which country has the lowest price of (Brand New) Rolex? Probably, not Swiss, someone said Denmark. Is that true? Cause I will go to Europe next month and I wanna get a Rolex.

I will be highly appreciate if anybody answers my question who can also give me a website or store location of Rolex. Then, I can do some research before I go there. Thank you very much.
keigorjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Speed
"TRF" Member

Welcome to TRF!

Lots of recent threads on this topic. Do a quick search.

However, savings may be negated by tax / duty...

Best country to buy a new Rolex is TRF Classified section. David SW in particular! Check out his many reviews. Seriously.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2010, 03:43 PM   #3
keigorjai

TRF? Indeed, I don't have much knowledge of Rolex. And I definitely wanna get one, and my first one this year. I am thinking to get a black 116520, 16610 LV, or 116710.

Cause one of my friend who went to Demark for a business trip last year April (He said all the Rolex around the world were the cheapest during that period) He bought a 16610 LV for 26000 DKK. Which is about USD4468. Everyone said it was a good deal.

Also, my friend said there are 12% tax return in the airport if you purchase anything more than EUR 175. CASH RETURN. For sure, the watch that he bought with USD 4468 already had tax return.
Old 19 August 2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Speed
"TRF" Member

Well, there you go.

If you are looking for a stainless steel Daytona, you might have to buy one where you can find one. That may not be in Denmark. However, you could get luckly.

If you want the 116710 - SS GMTIIC - you can get a brand new one on TRF for about $5900 or less. I bet that beats any international AD deal.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2010, 04:07 PM   #5
keigorjai

Re Bill: So, do you mean the cheapest (brand new) Rolex may not be in Denmark or I shouldn't find a Daytona in Denmark? And I checked David SW's post already. No offensive at all, but I think he sells pretty expensive Rolex online. I used to lived in the States previously and now move to Hong Kong. I can get about the same price or even cheaper Rolex in (HK)AD than him. However, he answers a lot of questions from people and he is a nice guy.
Old 19 August 2010, 05:58 PM   #6
al_bongo
"TRF" Member

probably depends more on the exchange rate than anything
al_bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2010, 06:04 PM   #7
keigorjai

Re Bongo: That's right. Totally agree.
Old 19 August 2010, 06:56 PM   #8
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keigorjai View Post
Re Bill: So, do you mean the cheapest (brand new) Rolex may not be in Denmark or I shouldn't find a Daytona in Denmark? And I checked David SW's post already. No offensive at all, but I think he sells pretty expensive Rolex online. I used to lived in the States previously and now move to Hong Kong. I can get about the same price or even cheaper Rolex in (HK)AD than him. However, he answers a lot of questions from people and he is a nice guy.
I'm from Denmark and DK is probably THE most expensive country in the world for anything. e.g. a YM 16622 is DKK 56,900 (USD 9,787) and a GMT 116710LN is DKK 42,300 (USD 7,275). You can only get 20% off when leaving.

You should look into buying in the UK due to the exchange rate and you can get 10-17.5% back when leaving the country.
Old 19 August 2010, 07:01 PM   #9
Puffy
"TRF" Member

PS

My local AD in Denmark (not Copenhagen based) confirmed they can get 116520s (black or white) in a matter of days.
Old 19 August 2010, 07:11 PM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Its swings and roundabouts its all down to currency and will you get stung for the tax when you return home.At this present time Europe have some good deals especially Greece at the moment.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2010, 08:10 PM   #11
keigorjai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
I'm from Denmark and DK is probably THE most expensive country in the world for anything. e.g. a YM 16622 is DKK 56,900 (USD 9,787) and a GMT 116710LN is DKK 42,300 (USD 7,275). You can only get 20% off when leaving.

You should look into buying in the UK due to the exchange rate and you can get 10-17.5% back when leaving the country.
Re Anders: Thank you very much for your kindly explanation. You are right, I read from the books last week and it mentioned that the price in Denmark is about top 5 of the world.

According to what you said, "GMT 116710LN is DKK 42,300 (USD 7,275). You can only get 20% off when leaving."

DKK 42,300 + potential discount from the store + 12% Tax return from the airport = DDK 33,840

Is it what you mean? and that's what you said about I can only get 20% (8%+12%) off when leaving? If so, it is not very cheap, but it's not a bad deal to get a 116710LN with DDK 33,840 though.

So, they do have Daytona in stocks or not? Could you please refer some website of Rolex to me about Denmark if you have some? Cause I have never been there before and I have no idea about how much is the Rolex costs over there. All I know the information just from my friend who travel there couple times a year. And I have difficulty to find any in yahoo Denmark.
Old 19 August 2010, 08:21 PM   #12
ROLEXUS
"TRF" Member

2nd that. In Athens only you will currently get most of the SS sports models for 15% off plus a 23% VAT refund once you leave. Other parts of Greece it's around 12% VAT refund. Couple that with the weak Euro and the prices are currently unbeatable IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Its swings and roundabouts its all down to currency and will you get stung for the tax when you return home.At this present time Europe have some good deals especially Greece at the moment.
ROLEXUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2010, 08:30 PM   #13
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Re Anders: Thank you very much for your kindly explanation. You are right, I read from the books last week and it mentioned that the price in Denmark is about top 5 of the world.

According to what you said, "GMT 116710LN is DKK 42,300 (USD 7,275). You can only get 20% off when leaving."

DKK 42,300 + potential discount from the store + 12% Tax return from the airport = DDK 33,840

Is it what you mean? and that's what you said about I can only get 20% (8%+12%) off when leaving? If so, it is not very cheap, but it's not a bad deal to get a 116710LN with DDK 33,840 though.

So, they do have Daytona in stocks or not? Could you please refer some website of Rolex to me about Denmark if you have some? Cause I have never been there before and I have no idea about how much is the Rolex costs over there. All I know the information just from my friend who travel there couple times a year. And I have difficulty to find any in yahoo Denmark.
It's 20% off. Not sure what this 8% + 12% business is.

My local AD (never bought anything from them) just confirmed they have a white Daytona in stock, priced at DKK 55,000 incl. discount (they could take off 4,800) as they are tiny and not part of a massive chain.

I still think you'd be better off buying off one of the sellers here.
Old 19 August 2010, 08:31 PM   #14
Puffy
"TRF" Member

PS. Link to the main AD in Copenhagen http://www.klarlund.dk/front.php
Old 19 August 2010, 08:49 PM   #15
keigorjai

Quote:
It's 20% off. Not sure what this 8% + 12% business is.

My local AD (never bought anything from them) just confirmed they have a white Daytona in stock, priced at DKK 55,000 incl. discount (they could take off 4,800) as they are tiny and not part of a massive chain.

I still think you'd be better off buying off one of the sellers here.
Are you serious? DKK 55,000 take away DKK 4800 = DKK 50200

Tax refund in the airport (12%); so, DKK 50200 - DKK 6024(Tax return) = DKK 44176

If I understand what you said correctly, that is a very good deal for white Daytona
Old 19 August 2010, 08:54 PM   #16
keigorjai

Quote:
PS. Link to the main AD in Copenhagen http://www.klarlund.dk/front.php
I've checked that page previously. They only sell used watch. Maybe some of its are new, but it looks like used.
Old 19 August 2010, 09:03 PM   #17
keigorjai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLEXUS View Post
2nd that. In Athens only you will currently get most of the SS sports models for 15% off plus a 23% VAT refund once you leave. Other parts of Greece it's around 12% VAT refund. Couple that with the weak Euro and the prices are currently unbeatable IMO.
Do you have any experience to purchase any watch in Athens? Somehow, I personally think that SS model is the most model that people who are looking for.

So, do you mean that people should have totally 38% off (15%from store + 23%VAT) from the original price of SS Rolex? That's a lot, I have never heard that before. It should be excited if that is true.

By the way, do they set the original price much higher than other countries? That's why they offer 38% off? Do you know any website that I can look for the price from Athens in term of reference? Thank you very much brother.
Old 19 August 2010, 09:20 PM   #18
keigorjai

Quote:

Tax refund in the airport (12%); so, DKK 50200 - DKK 6024(Tax return) = DKK 44176

If I understand what you said correctly, that is a very good deal for white Daytona
Sorry Anders, I didn't notice that you said "priced at DKK 55,000 incl. discount (they could take off 4,800)". So, DKK 55,000 is what people going to pay before he or she walk away from the store.

If DKK 55,000 for a white Daytona, plus 12% VAT (cash return from the airport). That's totally DKK 48,400

It is a very good deal though. But are they selling brand new products which comes with fully package for each watch? Any website or address that I can view? Cause I wanna ask them questions through e-mail if I really go there for real.
Old 19 August 2010, 09:28 PM   #19
93 Turbo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex.Tudor.PAM
Talking retail? I purchased two Rolex watches in Taipei about 12 months ago, one for myself and another for a colleague, daughter's graduation. I had another colleague in HK compare the prices, Taipei was marginally cheaper than HK.

Currency fluctuations can have a effect, I saved considerably over the 6 weeks I was working in Taipei, with the AUS$ strengthening slightly against both the US and TND at the time. This at the time saved me just under $500 AUS, on the price in Taipei.
93 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 01:44 AM   #20
keigorjai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 Turbo View Post
Talking retail? I purchased two Rolex watches in Taipei about 12 months ago, one for myself and another for a colleague, daughter's graduation. I had another colleague in HK compare the prices, Taipei was marginally cheaper than HK.

Currency fluctuations can have a effect, I saved considerably over the 6 weeks I was working in Taipei, with the AUS$ strengthening slightly against both the US and TND at the time. This at the time saved me just under $500 AUS, on the price in Taipei.
Re Jules:

Taipei? Never heard about it previously. Do you have any link that you can send it over for my reference? Thank you so much Jules.
Old 20 August 2010, 03:30 AM   #21
93 Turbo

Watch: Rolex.Tudor.PAM
Jack, give me a day or so. I will dig up the contact details of the retailer.

Cheers Jules
93 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 03:47 AM   #22
Oslo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660 116618 BR01
Please don't try Denmark. Got a TT GMT from AD in 2007 for only 11.200$US. Norway? Got a DSSD for only 11.300$US main AD in Oslo. Check grey and used prices in Denmark here: www.vintageure.dk. Got a fair deal on a YG 116618. Good luck. Going to SHanghai tomorrow - might try 116610LV :-)
Oslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 03:52 AM   #23
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yes, I just committed to a V serial Daytona white dial for 55000 DKK (£6050) so almost £300 below retail. I can't take VAT off but it is still a very very good deal for a brand new Daytona (and for Denmark especially).

Note, price increase of 8% in Denmark happening on 1 September. I have seen the new price list. It's not an AD scare tactic.
Old 20 August 2010, 04:05 AM   #24
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
[QUOTE=Puffy;2005605]I'm from Denmark and DK is probably THE most expensive country in the world for anything.

Totally agree Anders!!

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 05:15 AM   #25
keigorjai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 Turbo View Post
Jack, give me a day or so. I will dig up the contact details of the retailer.

Cheers Jules
Thank you so much again Jules.
Old 20 August 2010, 05:30 AM   #26
keigorjai

Quote:
Yes, I just committed to a V serial Daytona white dial for 55000 DKK (£6050) so almost £300 below retail. I can't take VAT off but it is still a very very good deal for a brand new Daytona (and for Denmark especially).

Note, price increase of 8% in Denmark happening on 1 September. I have seen the new price list. It's not an AD scare tactic.
Sounds very good cause they always have it in stocks. Do you mind to share the contact of your local AD to me? Cause I will visit Denmark in Sep. My friend will show me the store that he used to buy Rolex from there. I wanna compare the price between his and yours before I purchase my first Rolex. I also wanna make sure they have the model that I need in stocks before I go there.

Furthermore, I wanna ask about the payment method. Is there even more discount if I pay by cash? I have heard that if people pay by credit card...there are 3% extra charge from the goods. Is that true?
Old 20 August 2010, 06:28 AM   #27
Otto

Watch: Daytona and others
Quote:
Which country has the lowest price of (Brand New) Rolex? Probably, not Swiss, someone said Denmark. Is that true? Cause I will go to Europe next month and I wanna get a Rolex.

I will be highly appreciate if anybody answers my question who can also give me a website or store location of Rolex. Then, I can do some research before I go there. Thank you very much.
I used to think Singapore consistently had the best prices when looking at a purchase after a US dollar to Singapore dollar conversion. Then Japan seemed to take the lead. Now, in Japan, the prices are incredibly low if you start out with yen, but about average if you're converting from US dollars into yen to make the buy. If you start with yen with no conversion, prices have dropped dramatically on certain models, such as the SS Daytona, in the last year.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 06:39 AM   #28
mpkRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi & Starbucks
Your best bet is to buy in the country where you live. You avoid customs, duties, conversion rate etc. Canadians can get good deals from the US. Else if you are traveling to places such as Hongkong, Singapore, Greece etc.
mpkRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 06:55 AM   #29
teknor
"TRF" Member

An example from Norway:

Brand new GMT 116710LN from AD:
50400 NOK (list price)
25,00% VAT
40320 NET
6,17 USD/NOK
6534,85 USD excl VAT
teknor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2010, 08:30 AM   #30
ROLEXUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you have any experience to purchase any watch in Athens? Somehow, I personally think that SS model is the most model that people who are looking for.

So, do you mean that people should have totally 38% off (15%from store + 23%VAT) from the original price of SS Rolex? That's a lot, I have never heard that before. It should be excited if that is true.

By the way, do they set the original price much higher than other countries? That's why they offer 38% off? Do you know any website that I can look for the price from Athens in term of reference? Thank you very much brother.
Yes, I have purchased a Rolex in Athens at the above mentioned discount. Once you do the maths the overall discount is ~30% off list.

From memory rrp on GMT2c is 5500 euro, Sub (old) 4800 euro, Sub LV (old) 5150 euro, Milgauss GV 5800 euro before discounts/tax refund.
ROLEXUS is offline   Reply With Quote