The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 April 2021, 12:39 AM   #1
sameeroquai
"TRF" Member

New soeedmaster direct from Omega

Has anyone ordered the new 3861 direct from Omega? I contacted a couple ADs but they all want a deposit and a 3-4 month wait at retail MSRP. Why would anyone order from an AD at this point if they can go direct to Omega? I could be missing something, just curious on others experiences.
sameeroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 01:19 AM   #2
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

You can get it sized in person, and they sometimes give you a few extra goodies, but not a big deal... getting is sized in person is though to me.

I suppose you could order it direct and then go in and get it sized.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 01:45 AM   #3
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameeroquai View Post
Has anyone ordered the new 3861 direct from Omega? I contacted a couple ADs but they all want a deposit and a 3-4 month wait at retail MSRP. Why would anyone order from an AD at this point if they can go direct to Omega? I could be missing something, just curious on others experiences.
3-4 months? I was at Timeless Luxury Watches in Frisco on Friday and they had several of the new models sitting in the case.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 01:47 AM   #4
sameeroquai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessir69 View Post
3-4 months? I was at Timeless Luxury Watches in Frisco on Friday and they had several of the new models sitting in the case.
Good to know! Do you know if they were offering discounts? I reached out to Toppers and was quoted that wait and MSRP.
Old 6 April 2021, 02:19 AM   #5
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good to know! Do you know if they were offering discounts? I reached out to Toppers and was quoted that wait and MSRP.
Probably quite variable based on location. In my area it’s MSRP and a wait. Other places seems they are readily available, but not sure on pricing. If Chrono24 is to be trusted for anything, a quick search right now shows the resale of the 3861 has been stable at very slightly above or at MSRP, and 1861 has crept up ~10% above its previous MSRP. Seems the Speedmaster is in demand.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 02:20 AM   #6
sameeroquai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Probably quite variable based on location. In my area it’s MSRP and a wait. Other places seems they are readily available, but not sure on pricing. If Chrono24 is to be trusted for anything, a quick search right now shows the resale of the 3861 has been stable at very slightly above or at MSRP, and 1861 has crept up ~10% above its previous MSRP. Seems the Speedmaster is in demand.
Good notes, thanks!
Old 6 April 2021, 02:24 AM   #7
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My AD in the midwest has them in stock and discounts them. I'd imagine others feel similar.
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 10:25 AM   #8
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I didn’t ask specifically about any of those watches. I’m pretty sure they would give me a discount, but I’ve bought a lot of watches from them over the years. You can always call and ask. Steve Gadd is usually pretty easy to get on the phone. He’ll let you know.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 11:43 AM   #9
MTdweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: the time fly!
I bought the 3861 sapphire when I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago. No discount and they just received 3 and sold 2 immediately. Got some swag to go with it and I was just happy to see one for purchase.
MTdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 12:18 PM   #10
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdweller View Post
I bought the 3861 sapphire when I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago. No discount and they just received 3 and sold 2 immediately. Got some swag to go with it and I was just happy to see one for purchase.

Awesome! Bellagio? Joel is a good dude there.
Old 6 April 2021, 08:58 PM   #11
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I think the watch can be found at retail or a slight discount if you call around a bit. If you want to skip that just order it through Omega. It appears to be available and they will size the bracelet for you.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 11:43 PM   #12
MTdweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: the time fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Awesome! Bellagio? Joel is a good dude there.
Never made it to Bellagio - Tourbillion next to Aria.
MTdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2021, 01:40 AM   #13
Duke84
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Got my 3861 Speedy from the Omega boutique in Los Angeles last Friday. No wait. Just called and asked if they had one and said I’d pick it up on Friday. They said they’d have it ready for me. Didn’t get any indication of long waiting periods for the speedy. I always have a fantastic experience with great service at the Omega boutique here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 02:28 PM   #14
aaronk
"TRF" Member

DavidSW has a hesalite version listed for $1500 over retail. That same watch is available direct from Omega right now...
aaronk is offline   Reply With Quote