The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 April 2024, 10:27 PM   #1
50peso
"TRF" Member

New Tudors

With so many new Tudors on the horizon, any guess if Tudor will cull the herd a bit? My guess is the 925 and gold BB 58
50peso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 10:30 PM   #2
Subzy
"TRF" Member

925 is a good candidate for the cull, loads of them on the used market, so maybe no longer a strong seller ?
Subzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 12:29 AM   #3
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
we are getting a whole new model this year. either an annual or world timer.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 02:14 AM   #4
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
we are getting a whole new model this year. either an annual or world timer.

That would be dope
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 03:12 AM   #5
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
I agree with too many Tudor variations, especially with the Black Bay line. All the watch companies seem to go overboard with variations when they have a hot model, so it goes. At the same time it's amazing how Tudor has turned around it's product line in the past decade as it use to be a bit of an oddity for me. Cheers.
TickTockChuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 08:08 AM   #6
Scholar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTockChuck View Post
I agree with too many Tudor variations, especially with the Black Bay line. All the watch companies seem to go overboard with variations when they have a hot model, so it goes. At the same time it's amazing how Tudor has turned around it's product line in the past decade as it use to be a bit of an oddity for me. Cheers.
I get what you're saying, but it's weird.

Tudor by the 90s seemed to be largely hideous watches, but then there would be a few that were gems.

Tudor now has very few outright ugly watches; rather they are all fairly attractive. However, they almost all have this uncanny-valley feel because they almost nail a certain look, and then there's always something wrong about it, due to the new ban on what used to be shared Rolex & Tudor aesthetic features.

The Snowflakification of everything is a great example. When they brought back the snowflake hand for the original Black Bay, it made sense because that watch was a like a tour of Tudor history. Likewise on the Pelagos, which was like a 21st century take on a 1970s Tudor Submariner. But now the Snowflake is on everything, including designs that demand a Mercedes, baton, or pencil hand.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 08:12 AM   #7
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I don't understand why they put a slowly moving snowflake in the perfect place to obstruct the sub dials on the Chrono, but I expect Tudor know their customers better than I do.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 08:16 AM   #8
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

I think if the 58 line up gets a refresh then the silver and gold models could make way, so too could the bronze. I don’t think much of a refresh is required, but an upgrade to the clasp as a minimum would be welcome.

If Tudor did this, I’d consider adding a blue 58 to my collection. Likewise if the P39 came out in blue.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 08:24 AM   #9
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
I don't understand why they put a slowly moving snowflake in the perfect place to obstruct the sub dials on the Chrono, but I expect Tudor know their customers better than I do.
Yet, I have not ever heard or read anyone saying the snow flakes over the sub dials is an awesome touch.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 08:56 AM   #10
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
I get what you're saying, but it's weird.

Tudor by the 90s seemed to be largely hideous watches, but then there would be a few that were gems.

Tudor now has very few outright ugly watches; rather they are all fairly attractive. However, they almost all have this uncanny-valley feel because they almost nail a certain look, and then there's always something wrong about it, due to the new ban on what used to be shared Rolex & Tudor aesthetic features.

The Snowflakification of everything is a great example. When they brought back the snowflake hand for the original Black Bay, it made sense because that watch was a like a tour of Tudor history. Likewise on the Pelagos, which was like a 21st century take on a 1970s Tudor Submariner. But now the Snowflake is on everything, including designs that demand a Mercedes, baton, or pencil hand.
Well said, Sir.

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 11:06 AM   #11
JimSnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ask me later.....
I think they will move towards a modern design. I have always said they are following the time line of original designs to modern
Old 7 April 2024, 11:10 AM   #12
Agent86
Banned

925 and the yellow gold 58 are interesting, don’t see a reason to make the lineup less interesting.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 11:11 AM   #13
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
A new tri-register chrono graph with date, a call back to the "big block" line. Will use same movement from the Only Watch all-gold piece unique that debuted a while back.
Old 7 April 2024, 01:37 PM   #14
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
A new tri-register chrono graph with date, a call back to the "big block" line. Will use same movement from the Only Watch all-gold piece unique that debuted a while back.

This is what I am hoping for but the teaser seems to allude to something completely new
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 09:54 PM   #15
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Would love that, especially if an optional rotating bezel is available.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 10:24 PM   #16
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Some new watches into the line-up and some will fall by the wayside. With an extensive catalogue of models other than the Black Bay, I could see some being sidelined. I think we will see some type of update to the Pelagos line-up with it being the 10th anniversary of the release. I would like to see a green Pelagos similar to the Harrods green. I believe we will see at least one new chronograph. Maybe a new Big Block or Heritage Chrono. If we are fortunate, it will be both.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 02:30 PM   #17
Scholar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've grown frightened that, just like with the Only Watch Black Bay, the release model will end up getting a Snowflake hand.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 02:47 PM   #18
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
The last Tudor I had was a Heritage Chrono, bought in Malaysia when they were out of the US market. Prior to that I had two late 90’s models, a yellow dial Hydronaut and a yellow dial Tiger Chrono on yellow leather strap. Both were bought at blowout prices from an AD liquidating their inventory.
I recognize the quality product at a good price but don’t see much in the current line I’m interested in. An all new tri-compax chrono would be cool.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote