The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 April 2024, 06:14 AM   #31
dannyboy123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithnan View Post
Also - the one I’ve been offered is the 36mm Silver with jubilee bracelet and fluted bezel. Thanks!
What size wrist do you have BTW? In a sense a bit irrelevant as most people think the 36mm looks good on everyone.

I think your concern about not wanting to take a big hit if you have to sell "in an emergency" isn't an unreasonable fear/concern. These watches are a good store of value and I think you wouldn't take too much of a bath if you had to move it along.

I just bought a Daytona and had the same thought process. doubt I'll ever sell it, but it's nice to know you'll get most of the outlay back if things turn to custard.
dannyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 07:33 AM   #32
logix1229
"TRF" Member

it's available because as you entered the store, you were judged and you were deemed worthy of purchasing a timeless and classic monochromatic watch. The other plebs that entered before you were not worthy and therefore were told, exhibition only, chump!

buy it and enjoy it.
logix1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 09:10 AM   #33
Ithnan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy123 View Post
Nice watch, although I prefer the 41mm. its an absolute classic and great on any age. Not a grandpa watch. Walk in where? Partridge?? I just scored a Daytona from them. it'll be a good start for your purchase history.
Hey, yes Partridge in CHC. I’ve just paid for it! I tried to like the green one more (they didn’t have it ) but I think silver works best for me and I love it
Ithnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 01:46 PM   #34
dannyboy123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithnan View Post
Hey, yes Partridge in CHC. I’ve just paid for it! I tried to like the green one more (they didn’t have it ) but I think silver works best for me and I love it
Nice one mate. That was my Rose Gold Daytona in the window. Be very keen to see it. who sold it to ya, Sam? Viv??

It's a great watch, you won't take a bath, it's classic, and those guys will now look after you if you want someit else. They are an epic team.

Post pictures plz.
dannyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 02:12 PM   #35
Lightsped
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, OP41, DJ x 4
My first Rolex was a silver dial DJ36mm (16030) on Jubilee which was a highschool graduation gift. Silver dial DJ36mm is a great combo and will go with anything. Also a true Rolex icon.
Lightsped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 05:39 PM   #36
Ithnan
"TRF" Member

Haha no I did not see your Daytona! Agree - Sam and Viv were great to deal with, might have to go back for an Explorer 1 sometime.
Ithnan is offline   Reply With Quote