The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 April 2018, 04:35 AM   #31
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Interesting- I’m surprised at the $12k figure for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2018, 04:35 AM   #32
Gary.
"TRF" Member

The reality is that no one knows when or where the first ones will land. Greys can promise whatever delivery times they want and ask whatever premiums they want but only a fool believes the first and pays the second as a result.
Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2018, 04:39 AM   #33
zaydans
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710
I was at my AD in NJ last Thursday and I was told there are 6 sales staff and each one has a list of at least 10 people and they aren’t even taking any more names. That being said they are expecting 4 Pepsi models when they are released and likely to be sold immediately.
zaydans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 10:19 PM   #34
neilio
"TRF" Member

Just curious as I will be in Europe at end of August and wondering if you think the watch will be available by then?

thanks
neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 10:28 PM   #35
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio View Post
Just curious as I will be in Europe at end of August and wondering if you think the watch will be available by then?

thanks
available probably, but zero chance you can walk in and buy one.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 10:28 PM   #36
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I'm hearing a lot of talk and questions on this new GMTs bezel. Isn't it the same as the WG BLRO ??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 11:02 PM   #37
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
available probably, but zero chance you can walk in and buy one.
Exactly
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 11:20 PM   #38
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Stuff 'em all!
I'm going to wait 'till it suits ME.

In times of moral crisis, I often ask myself, "what, would Keef Richards do?"
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 11:37 PM   #39
Albatross
"TRF" Member

I actually inquired with my AD yesterday regarding his thoughts on availability for the new Pepsi GMT. This guy is pretty wired in with Rolex and I know he was one of only a handful of AD salespeople nationwide that Rolex paid to travel to NYC last year for a preview of some Rolex plans going forward as well as some additional training on the Tudor lineup.

I asked him how long his list is and he said 25 people. I asked him what that equates to in time in his opinion...like, how many does he anticipate getting per year and he said "not sure...but for example with the Stainless steel Sky Dweller, last year he only received 2. But now approx. 2 years into the Ceramic Daytona's being available, he is getting like 8 or 9 per year." He said "I actually don't think it's going to be terrible. Rolex has production running 7 days a week now in Switzerland because they see the whole world economy being on an up-tick right now so they want to get these out the door"

He thought he would see his first Pepsi GMT land in his store sometime in June or July and hopes to get about 8-10 per year.

So, now that I am number 26 on the waiting list, I guess I am 3 years out. So, I'll just go on living my life and if I get a call someday then I'll decide if I want it. Doesn't cost anything to be on a list so whatever...

I find it amusing that I met, dated, got engaged and then married my wife all in less time than it will take to get through a waiting list for a watch. What a joke.
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 11:43 PM   #40
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
I actually inquired with my AD yesterday regarding his thoughts on availability for the new Pepsi GMT. This guy is pretty wired in with Rolex and I know he was one of only a handful of AD salespeople nationwide that Rolex paid to travel to NYC last year for a preview of some Rolex plans going forward as well as some additional training on the Tudor lineup.

I asked him how long his list is and he said 25 people. I asked him what that equates to in time in his opinion...like, how many does he anticipate getting per year and he said "not sure...but for example with the Stainless steel Sky Dweller, last year he only received 2. But now approx. 2 years into the Ceramic Daytona's being available, he is getting like 8 or 9 per year." He said "I actually don't think it's going to be terrible. Rolex has production running 7 days a week now in Switzerland because they see the whole world economy being on an up-tick right now so they want to get these out the door"

He thought he would see his first Pepsi GMT land in his store sometime in June or July and hopes to get about 8-10 per year.

So, now that I am number 26 on the waiting list, I guess I am 3 years out. So, I'll just go on living my life and if I get a call someday then I'll decide if I want it. Doesn't cost anything to be on a list so whatever...

I find it amusing that I met, dated, got engaged and then married my wife all in less time than it will take to get through a waiting list for a watch. What a joke.
this is plausible and in line with my thinking. At the same or close to the same numbers, the BLRO is easily the harder watch to get today. The Daytona list has thinned out from the super VIP's and on to more regular customers. The BLRO will now have the VIP's to supply first. So all things being equal, Joe Everybody will have a better chance on getting a Daytona call vs a BLRO call this year. In a year or two that will change.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 17 May 2018, 12:11 AM   #41
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
I’ve found the ADs really have 2 lists

- one with everyone on it.
- one with just local customers who take priority

So I see it being possible for a local customer to grab a popular watch within a years time. Perhaps the AD is acting off of list “2” when they made this statement.

Old 17 May 2018, 02:48 AM   #42
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
FWIW, when I recently asked the manager of my AD about my order for the new Pepsi, he said that while I was first on the list for his store, the initial deliveries the company gets would be spread out amongst the six stores they have. He said his store was #2 in terms of sales, so he was reasonably confident he should get one of the first ones.
piratepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 02:57 AM   #43
murtuzah
"TRF" Member

How many ADs are there globally ?
murtuzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 03:03 AM   #44
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtuzah View Post
no idea, but it gets asked often. It sounds like a good homework assignment for someone as they are listed on the website but not in a list. You would have to go one country (or region) at a time
Old 17 May 2018, 03:18 AM   #45
murtuzah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
no idea, but it gets asked often. It sounds like a good homework assignment for someone as they are listed on the website but not in a list. You would have to go one country (or region) at a time
Will see if I can write a script after my exams. Automation is the key! haha
murtuzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 03:22 AM   #46
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Will see if I can write a script after my exams. Automation is the key! haha
im actually surprised someone hasn't done this already. We have a complete pricelist for almost every country in the world. That is just as hard to assemble.
Old 17 May 2018, 03:35 AM   #47
Bello_nyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
👴🏻 Waiting
♛ Datejust2 116334 💎💎
Bello_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 03:44 AM   #48
OgSnowflake
Banned

Quote:
We will see where DSW prices his first and then i think we will have a better idea.
20k bet on it ....watch is gonna be a heater and just as hard to get as a ceramic daytona because everybody under the sun wants one.
OgSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 03:50 AM   #49
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgSnowflake View Post
20k bet on it ....watch is gonna be a heater and just as hard to get as a ceramic daytona because everybody under the sun wants one.
i have been saying 20k and maybe a bit more for a while. A lot of other people are saying 15k. I think its stupid to not price high out of the gate though. I do think 15k is the settling price in 8-12 months.
Old 17 May 2018, 03:56 AM   #50
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post

So I see it being possible for a local customer to grab a popular watch within a years time. Perhaps the AD is acting off of list “2” when they made this statement.

And then there is a third list that takes priority over those two lists.

Quote:

I don't know about worldwide, but as of ~2 years ago there were a bit over 500 in the USA. I was curious so I went on the site and counted them manually
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 04:19 AM   #51
andrewjb88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16302 Rolex OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by el-heffe View Post
Even the Tudor Pepsi has quite a wait list at my AD.
I called my Tudor AD the other day and put myself on the waiting list they had about 15 on their list.

I popped into Watches Of Switzerland yesterday in London and they said their waiting list was closed now.

This is for the Tudor BB GMT.
andrewjb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 04:34 AM   #52
Blokk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjb88 View Post
I called my Tudor AD the other day and put myself on the waiting list they had about 15 on their list.

I popped into Watches Of Switzerland yesterday in London and they said their waiting list was closed now.

This is for the Tudor BB GMT.
WOS told me that they do not have any info on the Tudor watches yet. Don't know whether that's BS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Blokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 04:47 AM   #53
Chillychow
"TRF" Member

Watch: n the clouds go by
Quote:

I was told this verbatim from my (small market) AD. He gets 10 calls a day from people enquiring about SS sports models and many of those try to get on his list. When I called right after the BLRO release, he quoted a long wait, however, once he recognized it was me, he mentioned the local people move past the non locals. Now is there a third list?? I wouldn't be surprised...
Chillychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 04:48 AM   #54
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillychow View Post
I was told this verbatim from my (small market) AD. He gets 10 calls a day from people enquiring about SS sports models and many of those try to get on his list. When I called right after the BLRO release, he quoted a long wait, however, once he recognized it was me, he mentioned the local people move past the non locals. Now is there a third list?? I wouldn't be surprised...

There is a third list. It’s the person the owner wants to give it to...

Old 17 May 2018, 05:05 AM   #55
Chillychow
"TRF" Member

Watch: n the clouds go by
Quote:

Given I'm also impatiently waiting for a new Sub date from my AD - I would definitely not be on any 'list #3" for the BLRO.
Chillychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 05:10 AM   #56
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

this is entirely too complicated

No wonder AD's just say go away when people ask about getting one.
Old 17 May 2018, 05:33 AM   #57
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Quote:
this is entirely too complicated

No wonder AD's just say go away when people ask about getting one.

Ha yup. It’s all a game.

Old 17 May 2018, 05:46 AM   #58
Kevan
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one on my arm.
I was at the Newcastle Basel World 2018 last night. Lots and lots of speculation as to delivery times. They thought that they would receive their first stock in August or even as late as September.

As for lists, many have expressed interest, however, I have no doubt that those present last night will have first dibs on what ever comes in.

Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 06:11 AM   #59
Time666
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Exp, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
I was at the Newcastle Basel World 2018 last night. Lots and lots of speculation as to delivery times. They thought that they would receive their first stock in August or even as late as September.
I have the Manchester Basel World tomorrow night, the AD who invited me said it would be advantageous to me getting the BLRO by attending .. hope so anyway, that’s what I’m clinging too
Old 17 May 2018, 01:09 PM   #60
Mousehunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: AK, SD43, Hulk
I don’t know were I really stand. My AD said I was 5th, but expected several before me to cancel (as they were most likely on several AD’s lists). They got me a SD43 as a consolation for not having a Hulk in stock and got me the Hulk a month later. Unless this watch is more restricted than the Datona (which from literally day one was told the list was closed) I don’t expect the wait to be that long

Not on the TT list, thinking I may have made a mistake there.
Mousehunter is offline   Reply With Quote