The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 March 2018, 12:01 AM   #1
garyfromleeds
Banned

Watch: Deepsea D Blue
Icon20 Pepsi trashed the blro !!!!!!!!!!!!

Im totally gobsmacked ! the new Pepsi is 10/10 totally superb and long over due to be honest ! but here come the negative and sorry if its not what you want to here but the facts are this !

Rolex have stuffed all the BLRO owners and took them for fools by selling them a premium priced watch and selling almost the same looking watch for a quarter of the price swop the bracelet from a normal ceramic gmt and hey bingo you have a BLRO in all steel !

total joke they did that with the white gold sky dweller owners also not long ago !
garyfromleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:05 AM   #2
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
No one was taking for a fool unless their BLRO came engraved with Steelinox instead of 750. The Sky-Dweller situation is worse. It was marketed as a PM watch and all of a sudden not only is it available in SS but all of the PM exclusive Roman and Arabic dials are gone.
Old 22 March 2018, 12:07 AM   #3
Jacobson
"TRF" Member

Boy am I glad I sold my BLRO last year
Old 22 March 2018, 12:08 AM   #4
garyfromleeds
Banned

Watch: Deepsea D Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorsaire View Post
No one was taking for a fool unless their BLRO came engraved with Steelinox instead of 750. The Sky-Dweller situation is worse. It was marketed as a PM watch and all of a sudden not only is it available in SS but all of the PM exclusive Roman and Arabic dials are gone.
they should have made the coke , but they went for the easier route using the bezels from the blro , exactly the same bezel
garyfromleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:09 AM   #5
diracpoint
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorsaire View Post
If the numeral dials are gone, as an owner I'll be very very happy,
diracpoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:11 AM   #6
cht
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Hopefully now the 16710 market prices will settle down a little....

cht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:11 AM   #7
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfromleeds View Post
they should have made the coke , but they went for the easier route using the bezels from the blro , exactly the same bezel
I am a super big GMT fan and was very curious about the BLRO until I tried it on. To me it didn't feel special enough to warrant the extra money over the BLNR I already had; especially since I have a 16710 with both Coke and Pepsi bezels.

My 718 in YG with green dial I do feel is special enough to warrant the extra spend, but I'm not a WG guy at all. I don't own a single WG piece.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:13 AM   #8
tomchicago
Banned

Watch: 16710BLRO, 214270.
Rollie did indeed do a number on the orig WG BLRO owners.
tomchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:15 AM   #9
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:
Im totally gobsmacked ! the new Pepsi is 10/10 totally superb and long over due to be honest ! but here come the negative and sorry if its not what you want to here but the facts are this !

Rolex have stuffed all the BLRO owners and took them for fools by selling them a premium priced watch and selling almost the same looking watch for a quarter of the price swop the bracelet from a normal ceramic gmt and hey bingo you have a BLRO in all steel !

total joke they did that with the white gold sky dweller owners also not long ago !
As a BLRO owner I hate to admit that I agree, but I do.

As an avid collector of Rolex watches this may well have me defecting to AP and even Omega.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobson View Post
And again, to be honest I wish I had....

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:17 AM   #10
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
I don't recall a contract Rolex made with existing BLRO owners to keep that bezel exclusive to their watch. With that being said, I understand your frustration!
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:18 AM   #11
wulin
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP,AP,Rolex,IWC
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post

As an avid collector of Rolex watches this may well have me defecting to AP and even Omega.

I feel for ya!
wulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:19 AM   #12
johnnyjazz
"TRF" Member

You can,t buy the white gold blro with black face now, if you have it good, keep it, it is now officially very difficult to obtain.
johnnyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:19 AM   #13
affalterbach
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko SUN065P1
I love my BLRO and think the new SS on Jubilee is fantastic and plan on getting one. They're very different.
affalterbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:21 AM   #14
prozac51
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Might want to check the new lug dimensions before commenting on the bracelet swap. If you noticed no new GMT came with the SS oyster. I'm sure Rolex did think things through to maintain some exclusivity to existing WG BLRO owners.

Sent from my HTC_2Q4D100 using Tapatalk
prozac51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:22 AM   #15
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
I must admit...I revamped my lineup recently, going away from bigger lugs,(YES, IN ANTICIPATION OF THE VERY MOVES ROLEX HAS MADE) and any WG Rolex. I’m a happy camper
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:22 AM   #16
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:

Good move based on today release! Still love around for WG BLRO but prices will lower for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:22 AM   #17
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
I have the WG version and could care less that theres a Stainless model out there. I am happy guys that cant or wont afford the gold version now have another choice thats palatable. The cost of any gold Rolex IMO is ridiculous but unfortunately necessary if you want in.

I bought mine used (someone else already took the big hit) for a specific reason to me and dont care if the price goes up or down since I have no intention of getting rid of it. I am happy and dont feel Rolex snubbed me at all.

YMMV
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:26 AM   #18
Watch-Ed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac51 View Post
Might want to check the new lug dimensions before commenting on the bracelet swap. If you noticed no new GMT came with the SS oyster. I'm sure Rolex did think things through to maintain some exclusivity to existing WG BLRO owners.

Sent from my HTC_2Q4D100 using Tapatalk
Are the lugs dimensions different? They say they redesigned the case and lugs but looking at it I cant see why a regular oyster bracelet would not fit.

Would be nice if I could switch around my BLNR's oyster and the Pepsi's Jubilee when it arrives.
Watch-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:26 AM   #19
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:

You are assuming that the Oyster bracelet will fit the SS BLRO case (which remains to be seen)

And if the SS SkyD had been available with the same dials as the PM versions (as opposed to the other way around) I would agree.

PM feels so different on the wrist. I suspect those WG BLRO or WG Sky D owners who are most upset by the introduction of a SS BLRO are those that want other people to know that their watch is 2.5x more expensive.

A WG BLRO remains a grail for me. The fact I could pick up one in SS for half the price (assuming I would have to get it from the gray market) is irrelevant. Its the WG I want. The difference on the wrist is significant

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:28 AM   #20
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
. For sure, I feel bad for those who bought them last month after the rumors of it being discontinued.
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:29 AM   #21
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Good move based on today release! Still love around for WG BLRO but prices will lower for sure
I'm thinking the WG BLRO might take a hit in the short term but will eventually stabilize and start climbing back up
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:30 AM   #22
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post

Totally understand. I was not a fan of what they did to Sky Dweller owners and now this.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:30 AM   #23
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Good luck getting your hands on the new BLRO without first buying something equivalent from your AD to that very same old BLRO or at a large premium from a trusted seller
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:31 AM   #24
rossi46
"TRF" Member

Watch: shopping
Quote:
Originally Posted by cht View Post
Hopefully now the 16710 market prices will settle down a little....
You must be new here.
Old 22 March 2018, 12:33 AM   #25
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
WG BLRO prices will plummet! It will be the most affordable and likely least desirable PM piece going forward. The new model just put the nail in the coffin.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:35 AM   #26
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 | 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
You must be new here.
Old 22 March 2018, 12:35 AM   #27
Watch-Ed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
You are assuming that the Oyster bracelet will fit the SS BLRO case (which remains to be seen)

And if the SS SkyD had been available with the same dials as the PM versions (as opposed to the other way around) I would agree.

PM feels so different on the wrist. I suspect those WG BLRO or WG Sky D owners who are most upset by the introduction of a SS BLRO are those that want other people to know that their watch is 2.5x more expensive.

A WG BLRO remains a grail for me. The fact I could pick up one in SS for half the price (assuming I would have to get it from the gray market) is irrelevant. Its the WG I want. The difference on the wrist is significant
I agree on PM feeling different on the wrist and all but the original Pepsi was in steel and regardless of the price point I think that makes the SS BLRO special in its on right (more true to the original). Also I dont think people that buy watches in white gold want others to know their watch is 2.5x more expensive otherwise they would go for yellow or rose.

Now, I am really curious to know if a regular oyster would fit this "new" GMT case.
Watch-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:38 AM   #28
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I really doubt it will as that is the main signifier now for the difference between black WG and SS, and WG owners can take comfort from the fact that the "lesser" bracelet was forced on the SS as they didn't disco the WG after all.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:39 AM   #29
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
I suspect those WG BLRO or WG Sky D owners who are most upset by the introduction of a SS BLRO are those that want other people to know that their watch is 2.5x more expensive.
As a WG Pepsi and WG SkD owner, I disagree. If I want people to know that I’m wearing an expensive watch, there are better watch choices for that purpose. What irks me is the hit my watches will take in value. Of course I buy watches because I like them and not as an investment. And I still like them. However, many of us here are flippers or will trade watches as tastes changes. So now our trade value has diminished, impacting future trades.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 12:42 AM   #30
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
As a WG Pepsi and WG SkD owner, I disagree. If I want people to know that I’m wearing an expensive watch, there are better watch choices for that purpose. What upsets me is the hit my watches will take in value. Of course I buy watches because I like them and not as an investment. And I still like them. However, many of us here are flippers or will trade watches as tastes changes. So now our trade value has diminished, impacting future trades.
Agree with you Mike. In the short term you may see value impacted. It remains to be seen longer term though.

I think the BLRO will always comand a good buck as it is a very limited run in the grand scheme if things.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote