The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 20 October 2020, 01:25 AM   #1
jkesquire
"TRF" Member

Royal Oak Minute Repeater Supersonnerie Ice Salmon Dial?

I was just perusing the AP website and stumbled across a new minute repeated supersonnerie with what appears to be an ice salmon/light rose dial. This piece looks pretty incredible....but when you go to click the watch "the page you requested does not exist"

Anyone know anything about this??
jkesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 01:48 AM   #2
edo
"TRF" Member

Yes, it is listed but link doesn't work.. same as blue and black but with salmon dial...

edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 02:01 AM   #3
gregouille
"TRF" Member

42mm...
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 02:07 AM   #4
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

26591TI.OO.1220TI.02

It's a titanium piece.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 03:58 AM   #5
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Hope that is more orangey than yellowy.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 04:36 AM   #6
dauster
"TRF" Member

looks amazing - I am happy for conkers, horolupe, about 5 middle easter sheikhs,kevin hart, john mayer, the dude from the fugess and the one or two people in Asia that get the allocation.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 04:38 AM   #7
cryptorx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
looks amazing - I am happy for conkers, horolupe, about 5 middle easter sheikhs,kevin hart, john mayer, the dude from the fugess and the one or two people in Asia that get the allocation.
cryptorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 08:42 AM   #8
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I imagine, but am not certain, it is another Yoshida edition. The Japanese market for AP limited editions is red hot and very few leave the country. AP kindly facilitated me getting one of the 44 ROO platinum Yoshida editions. I didn’t get the call on this one so sold out I guess.
Old 20 October 2020, 01:21 PM   #9
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:

Old 20 October 2020, 02:07 PM   #10
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Quote:
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 02:38 PM   #11
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:

Stunning piece to drool over
Old 20 October 2020, 02:49 PM   #12
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
best comment I’ve read in awhile
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 06:57 PM   #13
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I imagine, but am not certain, it is another Yoshida edition. The Japanese market for AP limited editions is red hot and very few leave the country. AP kindly facilitated me getting one of the 44 ROO platinum Yoshida editions. I didn’t get the call on this one so sold out I guess.
I still find it incredible that the Japan market is able to exclusively absorb +100 pieces that are >$150k each compared to other markets (UK, France, Germany, USA, China...)
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 07:43 PM   #14
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
I still find it incredible that the Japan market is able to exclusively absorb +100 pieces that are >$150k each compared to other markets (UK, France, Germany, USA, China...)
Then you must have never been to Japan, there is a substantial amount of wealth.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 08:04 PM   #15
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Then you must have never been to Japan, there is a substantial amount of wealth.

I have, but wealth is prevalent in most OECD countries so that’s hardly a defining feature.

On a per capita basis, Japanese consumers punch well above their weight on APs top end pieces so my question remains
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 08:37 PM   #16
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Just my opinion, but I think that the Japan market is highly concentrated geographically and AP has a lot of direct exposure to a lot of clients from relatively few outlets. Thus AP can justify focused releases because they have direct knowledge of what that customer base wants.

Contrast that to the US and 'our' well documented comments as to how few AD's there are relative to the population/number of states and that may be the answer.

In Europe we have focused releases, most recently the POG in the ROO, and historically there have been plenty of European focused models and again that maybe because AP has a proper presence in Europe.

I'm pretty sure that AP have plans to better service the US market though and I won't be surprised if over the next few years that there are more AP outlets in the US and then some US focused products. I'm thinking something really gaudy, probably an AP Trump model, or a sports model from a sport that doesn't exist anywhere else in the World. :)

Just finally, I love the thought of the engineering in this new model, but I honestly can't imagine how salmon pink is even a thing. I clearly lived far too long in the US and my tastes are now undeniably LOUD, so salmon pink is far too subtle and delicate for me. That's also probably why it isn't available in the US.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 02:25 AM   #17
doramas
Banned

Does anyone know the P.V.P.?
doramas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 02:29 AM   #18
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
I have, but wealth is prevalent in most OECD countries so that’s hardly a defining feature.

On a per capita basis, Japanese consumers punch well above their weight on APs top end pieces so my question remains
I think the Japanese love collecting things and are culturally less opposed to spending money on quality items (unlike Germany for instance only cars are accepted there as expensive items). All this mixed with a good amount of wealth = lots of special japan only editions.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 08:29 AM   #19
conkers
"TRF" Member

I don’t have stats to back this up but I am of the view that customer loyalty to the AP brand in Japan is higher than anywhere else in the world backed up by Yoshida being closer to AP probably than any other partner globally. Given the wealth in Japan coupled with this loyalty it is easy to imagine a couple of hundred wealthy collectors there hoovering up 5-10 expensive pieces a year. In the West how many customers do you know buying 10 high end APs a year. There are certainly several more in Asia more broadly, but Japan is the epicentre. As I say just my speculation but I have lived there and know the place a little. Also bear in mind that Japanese are the most discrete people imaginable so the big collectors have zero social media presence. All hidden away for personal enjoyment but with huge passion.
Old 21 October 2020, 09:41 PM   #20
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I don’t have stats to back this up but I am of the view that customer loyalty to the AP brand in Japan is higher than anywhere else in the world backed up by Yoshida being closer to AP probably than any other partner globally. Given the wealth in Japan coupled with this loyalty it is easy to imagine a couple of hundred wealthy collectors there hoovering up 5-10 expensive pieces a year. In the West how many customers do you know buying 10 high end APs a year. There are certainly several more in Asia more broadly, but Japan is the epicentre. As I say just my speculation but I have lived there and know the place a little. Also bear in mind that Japanese are the most discrete people imaginable so the big collectors have zero social media presence. All hidden away for personal enjoyment but with huge passion.
Great post Roger... fully agree specially about part of discretion and loyalty. Even new/younger generation of collectors doesn't act like can I say everybody else these days

That is also the reason you can't see many Yoshida limited models floating around in grey market...

It's not just an AP thing... look at Bulgari... how many people that are into watches even know about Hiroshi Senju watterfall Octo Finissimos... you can barely find and wrist shot of them on internet...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 10:06 PM   #21
Tcjreid
"TRF" Member

I asked about Japan demand during my last boutique visit in Singapore and was told that AP disproportionally outsells other peer manufacturers in Japan which I found interesting. We speculated as to why (style, branding, marketing, social media impact) - hard to say but the SA said limited pieces for that market are highly in demand (and by inference will continue to be supplied).
Tcjreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 12:09 AM   #22
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Great post Roger... fully agree specially about part of discretion and loyalty. Even new/younger generation of collectors doesn't act like can I say everybody else these days

That is also the reason you can't see many Yoshida limited models floating around in grey market...

It's not just an AP thing... look at Bulgari... how many people that are into watches even know about Hiroshi Senju watterfall Octo Finissimos... you can barely find and wrist shot of them on internet...
Spot on my friend!

I have certainly learned my lesson from sharing my collection extensively on social media. Dialling back (pardon the pun) a lot for the moment.