The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2022, 07:43 PM   #721
cwh812
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss86 View Post
I should not have said "considered" in my previous post regarding $150k and getting a Snoopy, it is firmer than that... $150k spend will GET you a Snoopy ASAP. Like next one available, guaranteed, skip the line sort of thing. They said they knew of one person that did it at a different boutique in NYC.
Ah! This makes sense. It’s a high number but not impossible.

I am surprised by the number of Sednas sold by that OB, but it is a popular location. Gotta imagine they are high on the list of OB sales of that watch. Would love to see overall number of Sedna Speedys sold. Also if the new moonshines (have yet to see one).
cwh812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 09:59 PM   #722
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Anyone having to pay $150k for this watch I feel really sorry for you so I'll grudgingly (!) make you an offer, cos I'm nice like that!

I have an almost new Snoopy 3 which I'll sell to you for just $140k!

It's just been worn a couple of times, hence the reduced price.

If you are interested please let me know.

I've just realised that my maths is out. You have been told that you have to spend $150k to then buy the watch so it's $150k plus watch! I'll take $145k.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 11:11 PM   #723
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post

I am surprised by the number of Sednas sold by that OB, but it is a popular location. Gotta imagine they are high on the list of OB sales of that watch. Would love to see overall number of Sedna Speedys sold. Also if the new moonshines (have yet to see one).
The NYC OB is one of the only OB’s in the US that always has the Sedna and Canopus in stock. Most of the other OB’s need to order them if a customer wants to buy one.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 05:10 AM   #724
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Wow I didn’t realise some omega boutiques made you spend to get on the list.

I have a decent spend with omega but not 150k! Mine was about 35k and I’m pretty sure it played no part in my allocation.

321 they took my deposit the day it was launched and snoopy the day after launch. They were doing in first in first served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 06:23 AM   #725
cwh812
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
The NYC OB is one of the only OB’s in the US that always has the Sedna and Canopus in stock. Most of the other OB’s need to order them if a customer wants to buy one.
There’s more than 1 OB in NYC…when I bought my Sedna the Brookfield place boutique only had the leather strap model so I had to wait for the bracelet. When they got it in I was traveling but they were like ‘get here quick because if you don’t buy this soon we have to send it to another boutique’. And that was even with the 50% deposit I had to give for them to get it in.
cwh812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 07:28 AM   #726
Carguy87
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
Wow I didn’t realise some omega boutiques made you spend to get on the list.

I have a decent spend with omega but not 150k! Mine was about 35k and I’m pretty sure it played no part in my allocation.

321 they took my deposit the day it was launched and snoopy the day after launch. They were doing in first in first served.

I was quoted $100k USD spend yesterday at an OB boutique if I want to see a Snoopy at MSRP. As others have said, it seems like you’re either already in the queue and waiting or you’ll have to pay grey prices for it. That said I’m hopeful to build a relationship toward other cool limited edition pieces in the future since I’m a little too late to the party for this one. Congrats to all that have it though; it’s a beautiful watch!!
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 07:45 AM   #727
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 77350ce
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss86 View Post
Its a very fair point that the people who knew to sign up when they were released - were vast majority in the know because they are passionate about Omega/Speedys. I mean to direct more of my frustration towards the fact that if you missed that small window, the odds are essentially zero - and they're still giving people hope of getting one - which I think is not right.
I’m one of those people who paid in full in October 2020. Still haven’t gotten my snoopy yet. I do have other omegas but none from an OB as they aren’t near me, but my deposit was with an OB. I even have a Tokyo 2020 speedy I had imported from Japan.

You need to consider too- at the time we paid for these watches, we were getting made fun of for doing so. I wasn’t on TRF at the time, but distinctly remember this Reddit thread (https://reddit.com/r/Watches/comment..._snoopy_award/) where many called it overpriced. So much focus was on the “it isn’t limited edition” speculation that when we paid for it, we figured we’d be taking a hit - not finding them at 2-3x msrp. So, it’s not at all surprising that they are considering “no history” people now that it’s priced that way on the secondary market to be a different situation than those who put their money where their mouth is on day 1.

Overall though the process has been quite frustrating. No communication, and when we have gotten dates they’ve been unfulfilled and were given because I reached out - not proactive. Was told dec 2020. Then “sometime 2021” then June 2022. Now August 2022. At this point I’ll believe it when I see it, but I’ve made a point to NOT buy other omegas while they have me waiting
Kiwi-cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 11:03 AM   #728
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
There’s more than 1 OB in NYC…when I bought my Sedna the Brookfield place boutique only had the leather strap model so I had to wait for the bracelet. When they got it in I was traveling but they were like ‘get here quick because if you don’t buy this soon we have to send it to another boutique’. And that was even with the 50% deposit I had to give for them to get it in.
I should've been more specific. The OB on 5th Avenue has both the Sedna and Canopus on bracelet in stock.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 01:01 PM   #729
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
I was quoted $100k USD spend yesterday at an OB boutique if I want to see a Snoopy at MSRP. As others have said, it seems like you’re either already in the queue and waiting or you’ll have to pay grey prices for it. That said I’m hopeful to build a relationship toward other cool limited edition pieces in the future since I’m a little too late to the party for this one. Congrats to all that have it though; it’s a beautiful watch!!

Wow. I thought really highly of omega because I thought they weren’t playing these games but I must be done at a boutique level.

amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2022, 09:41 AM   #730
sasuke
"TRF" Member

I was one of those that paid full deposit in 2020 and just waited patiently without bothering OB for status update. Got the call on the same day my child was born, talk about a birth watch.
sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2022, 07:05 PM   #731
op41gottacatchemall
"TRF" Member

Quote:

$150k lol there's one for sale on OF for about $25k
op41gottacatchemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2022, 06:08 PM   #732
strapmaker
"TRF" Member

Just received mine after less than 6 months wait. Love the bracelet over oem strap on this watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snoopy.jpg (245.2 KB, 304 views)
strapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2022, 09:41 PM   #733
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN

Old 28 July 2022, 07:58 AM   #734
NotGrey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strapmaker View Post
Just received mine after less than 6 months wait. Love the bracelet over oem strap on this watch.
You placed a deposit 6mo ago or requested it?

Have you bought other stuff there
NotGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 02:39 PM   #735
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

A little story for you guys......

A few weeks ago I popped into my dealer where I live to ask about the status of my 'order'.

I had placed myself on the waitlist for this watch almost immediately after it was announced. I've lost track of when that was but I think maybe 2 years ago?

I do have history with this dealer as I've bought 2 other Omega plus a few Montblanc pens (and other watch accessories).

After a little chat and being told how difficult they were to obtain etc, obviously which I know, he told me he had a proposal which would guarantee a Snoopy within 3 to 4 weeks.

That proposal was for me to buy another watch from another brand from a 'pre-approved' list.

The cheapest watch on that list was $30k, and there was no guarantee that the cheapest would be approved by the AD head office to secure the Snoopy. I would guess it would have taken a $40k+ watch to obtain approval.

The brands on the list were Glashutte, Blancpain, Breguet, Jaquet Droz (and one or two others I can't remember). All 'approved' watches were complicated and unpopular dress watches which they obviously can't shift. I would guess the purchase would have to be made at full retail price too.

Part of his reasoning was that a) I seemed like a genuine guy and they want to 'help' genuine collectors, b) I spend upwards of $40k plus the cost of the snoopy and I would be better off than buying grey market even if I sold the 'approved' watch for half of the price I paid for it and c) I would have to spend $100k plus to get any hot watch from Rolex.

I left the store feeling pretty disgusted to be honest. I won't be stepping foot inside an Omega boutique in this part of the world again.

I love my Omegas, but sadly this experience has really soured things and I won't be buying any more.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 03:53 PM   #736
Carguy87
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by strapmaker View Post
Congrats it’s a stunner!!
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 04:32 PM   #737
Dr.Stu
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
A little story for you guys......

A few weeks ago I popped into my dealer where I live to ask about the status of my 'order'.

I had placed myself on the waitlist for this watch almost immediately after it was announced. I've lost track of when that was but I think maybe 2 years ago?

I do have history with this dealer as I've bought 2 other Omega plus a few Montblanc pens (and other watch accessories).

After a little chat and being told how difficult they were to obtain etc, obviously which I know, he told me he had a proposal which would guarantee a Snoopy within 3 to 4 weeks.

That proposal was for me to buy another watch from another brand from a 'pre-approved' list.

The cheapest watch on that list was $30k, and there was no guarantee that the cheapest would be approved by the AD head office to secure the Snoopy. I would guess it would have taken a $40k+ watch to obtain approval.

The brands on the list were Glashutte, Blancpain, Breguet, Jaquet Droz (and one or two others I can't remember). All 'approved' watches were complicated and unpopular dress watches which they obviously can't shift. I would guess the purchase would have to be made at full retail price too.

Part of his reasoning was that a) I seemed like a genuine guy and they want to 'help' genuine collectors, b) I spend upwards of $40k plus the cost of the snoopy and I would be better off than buying grey market even if I sold the 'approved' watch for half of the price I paid for it and c) I would have to spend $100k plus to get any hot watch from Rolex.

I left the store feeling pretty disgusted to be honest. I won't be stepping foot inside an Omega boutique in this part of the world again.

I love my Omegas, but sadly this experience has really soured things and I won't be buying any more.
Makes sense, they were trying to get you to bundle with one of the Swatch Group brands which include Omega, Glashutte, Blancpain, Breguet, Jaquet Droz, Breguet, also Longines, Rado, Tissot, Union, Balmain, Certina, Hamilton, Mido, Harry Winston, Leon Hatot, flik-flak, & of course Swatch. If this is an AD (which it seems like it is) I think you are fighting an uphill battle even with bundling. If you are to have any success, it will likely be with an O.B. Did you leave a deposit with this AD when you expressed interest??
Old 28 July 2022, 07:11 PM   #738
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Stu View Post
Makes sense, they were trying to get you to bundle with one of the Swatch Group brands which include Omega, Glashutte, Blancpain, Breguet, Jaquet Droz, Breguet, also Longines, Rado, Tissot, Union, Balmain, Certina, Hamilton, Mido, Harry Winston, Leon Hatot, flik-flak, & of course Swatch. If this is an AD (which it seems like it is) I think you are fighting an uphill battle even with bundling. If you are to have any success, it will likely be with an O.B. Did you leave a deposit with this AD when you expressed interest??
They don't accept deposits here in Dubai (that I know of) but I had been confirmed as being 'on the list' immediately.

I do understand why they're doing it. It's easy money. I'm honestly not that desperate to be even considering paying $30k for a watch that I don't want to obtain a $10k watch that I think I might want.

I've moved on now, but just thought I'd share the story. My hesalite is everything I need in a speedy.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 03:03 AM   #739
Dr.Stu
2024 Pledge Member

I have several Speedys myself & my 1863 sapphire sandwich on leather gets the most wear- by far! I'm also still waiting- now over 21 months- with deposit made at that time- and still not a peep from my O.B.