The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 27 October 2020, 03:14 AM   #1
hothothaven
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, Pam 685
Any Experience ordering from Breitling Website?

Hi all! I am considering my first breitling, a superocean heritage chrono like the one below:

My local dealer did not have this one in stock (although they had it with a rubber strap, or a different dial with the milanese bracelet.) But certainly in stock on the website. Has anyone ordered direct from breitling before? Was it a good experience? any extra goodies thrown in? I don't have a relationship with the breitling jeweler in town, so it isn't like I have any loyalty concerns here.
hothothaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 06:28 AM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I’ve only ordered straps from their website and it was a very easy process. I’d call other ADs though since you should be able to get a discount on this when you’ll pay full price on the website. If you need an AD to work with, let me know.

I’ve got the same watch but with the white subdials and the blue bezel. I have both the mesh bracelet and the rubber mesh strap but wear it on rubber more often. I do have the econyl NATO strap from Breitling as well but find the rubber so much more comfortable.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 06:35 AM   #3
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
The discount would be my concern with ordering through their website - I'd imagine the process to be fairly seamless though as they are pushing e-commerce. I'd opt for an AD that could save me a decent amount.
Old 27 October 2020, 10:35 AM   #4
Dave455
"TRF" Member

For ages now, the big manufacturers didn’t want you to order online, they wanted you to use their dealers.

Covid has changed all that.

I have never ordered from a manufacturers website, but given the effort they have obviously put into it, I would be very surprised if the experience was anything other than flawless.

Compared to some other manufacturers, Breitling have a particularly hard time due to the number of colour / dial / strap / bracelet options they offer. Even with a relatively “classic” watch, such as the Navitimer, one can very soon “customise” it to the point that you won’t see another the same, and I dread to think of the headaches this gives the dealers. Buying direct from the manufacturer is one way round this.

There are two downsides. One is that you probably won’t get any discount. Most Breitling dealers will offer you something, and it’s worth having. Here in the U.K. I have a friendly “County town” dealer. He’s a knowledgeable guy, something of an enthusiast, happy to chat about watches whether I’m buying or not, and still gives me a bit of discount! I’d take that service in preference to a website, IF it’s available to me. I know some dealers are shut.

If a dealer doesn’t have the particular combo you want, it shouldn’t be a problem to order it in.

Also, you said that you didn’t have a relationship with a dealer. Purchasing an expensive watch is a great way to start one!
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 03:37 AM   #5
Triumph_1200
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126600
Just ordered some straps which came via overnight shipping and a nice travel pouch. Imagine it’d be the same for the timepieces. I’d go AD though for the discount.
Triumph_1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 04:08 AM   #6
hothothaven
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, Pam 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
I’ve only ordered straps from their website and it was a very easy process. I’d call other ADs though since you should be able to get a discount on this when you’ll pay full price on the website. If you need an AD to work with, let me know.

I’ve got the same watch but with the white subdials and the blue bezel. I have both the mesh bracelet and the rubber mesh strap but wear it on rubber more often. I do have the econyl NATO strap from Breitling as well but find the rubber so much more comfortable.
Thanks everyone for your chip ins. I think I will let my local dealer here try to get it in (since if its readily available on website, it should be easy to get.) And thanks for the thoughts on the strap. I was considering getting the rubber for summer/vacations
hothothaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 09:47 AM   #7
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothothaven View Post
Thanks everyone for your chip ins. I think I will let my local dealer here try to get it in (since if its readily available on website, it should be easy to get.) And thanks for the thoughts on the strap. I was considering getting the rubber for summer/vacations
For the rubber strap, the tang version should be fine. I wouldn’t spend the extra money on the deployant clasp and just get both the black and blue on tang instead. I’ve got the black as well which I wear with my Chronomat since the strap is so comfortable.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 10:18 AM   #8
Plebs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothothaven View Post
Hi all! I am considering my first breitling, a superocean heritage chrono like the one below:

My local dealer did not have this one in stock (although they had it with a rubber strap, or a different dial with the milanese bracelet.) But certainly in stock on the website. Has anyone ordered direct from breitling before? Was it a good experience? any extra goodies thrown in? I don't have a relationship with the breitling jeweler in town, so it isn't like I have any loyalty concerns here.

No, I like the experience going in person to my AD, also I’d advise you to buy this in store or wait for one to come in. It only helps you and your purchase history where if you buy on their site doesn’t really help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 10:57 AM   #9
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plebs View Post
No, I like the experience going in person to my AD, also I’d advise you to buy this in store or wait for one to come in. It only helps you and your purchase history where if you buy on their site doesn’t really help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with buying from AD.
I recently used Richard at Saltzman Watches in Newport RI to buy my first Breitling. Great to deal with, great discount.
After purchasing, I had occasion to visit Newport, and stopped to see them. Great store, lots of cool watches. Oh yea, they are an AD for Breitling and ship w/ no tax.
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote