The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 October 2020, 12:14 PM   #331
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

Great photo! Awesome look with that strap color! Congrats on a huge acquisition! Enjoy!
BigAppleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2020, 08:09 PM   #332
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
Thanks! Here’s a little B&W.

I am in the minority but I believe the Optimum is the ultimate Journe. Spectacular watch. I'd go one step further and say there is no better watch period in the 90 grand range. It's magnificent.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 05:27 AM   #333
rfs
"TRF" Member

Magnificent!!!
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 08:09 AM   #334
amateurcollector
"TRF" Member

Was thinking of getting the new Perpetual Calendar. Thoughts?
amateurcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 03:55 PM   #335
jackal981
"TRF" Member

Watch: RM FPJ PP AP R
I was torn between buying the RG or PT vertical tourbillon in retail. Any opinions ? And do you think the price will hold ? Not my first Journe (this is my 4th), and not looking to flip watches but it would be nice if it has a firm value. Thanks !
jackal981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 07:57 PM   #336
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurcollector View Post
Spectacular watch. Check out Journes Inst some great new photos of one in the flesh on there.
Old 11 October 2020, 01:01 AM   #337
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5270g
Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurcollector View Post

I had an opportunity to wear it this summer and it surprised me. Felt great. They are a bit backordered so would recommend calling the boutique with a deposit now. A couple of months ago they had a year long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChaseATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2020, 05:46 AM   #338
amateurcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseATX View Post

I had an opportunity to wear it this summer and it surprised me. Felt great. They are a bit backordered so would recommend calling the boutique with a deposit now. A couple of months ago they had a year long wait.

Wow that is stunning!
amateurcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 02:59 PM   #339
Amiroo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfortino View Post
Here are a couple of pics of the Octa Lune I picked up yesterday. I’m absolutely blown away by this watch. It’s on a whole other level and am in love.

Beautiful piece.

I have an opportunity to buy the 40mm Octa in Rose and Salmon dial. It is my absolute favourite watch. I'm just curious if these take a massive hit in terms of price?

Is yours a 42?

I'd also have to move a piece but am really considering it.

Thanks in advance.
Rolex GMT-Master II BLNR 116710
Amiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 08:36 PM   #340
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseATX View Post

I think this is the new sleeper hit of the line. PC, blue dial, perfect proportions, instantaneous. It's quite a looker, and yes, they are popular and there is a wait, but not a terrible one. If you want it, now is the time. It's very limited, so there won't be a ton of them.
Old 13 October 2020, 11:13 PM   #341
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiroo View Post
Beautiful piece.

I have an opportunity to buy the 40mm Octa in Rose and Salmon dial. It is my absolute favourite watch. I'm just curious if these take a massive hit in terms of price?

Is yours a 42?

I'd also have to move a piece but am really considering it.

Thanks in advance.
Mine is a 38mm so I can’t really say how the 40mm perform financially. I can say that it’s a beautiful watch. The salmon dials are gorgeous.

Which piece would you be moving for it?
sgfortino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 01:34 AM   #342
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mine is a 38mm so I can’t really say how the 40mm perform financially. I can say that it’s a beautiful watch. The salmon dials are gorgeous.

I'll say you can almost never go wrong with a salmon dial anything. They are usually more rare than black dials, which are rare. Provided you actually like salmon, it is almost never a bad choice.
Old 14 October 2020, 01:01 PM   #343
Amiroo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak Chrono
Quote:

I would probably sell my AP ROC blue dial bracelet...I just realized your FPJ is a different reference than the current Octa Lune. Love the 38mm. And much prefer the 40mm to the 42mm.

Anyone here know how these pieces do price-wise after buying at retail?

I don't look at watches like investments at all (being from the Graham and Buffett school of thought). But it would be nice to not lose a lot of money on a purchase.

Thanks
Rolex GMT-Master II BLNR 116710
Amiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 07:12 PM   #344
shafran
"TRF" Member

Right now

They are selling for close to retail on the secondary market, sometimes slightly above
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2020, 05:20 AM   #345
rfs
"TRF" Member

There is a 42mm one listed on Chrono24 for $70k!

https://www.chrono24.com/fpjourne/oc...id16261648.htm
Old 15 October 2020, 08:09 AM   #346
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Even CSs are near retail now. You almost cannot go wrong with any new FPJ.
Old 15 October 2020, 02:37 PM   #347
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would probably sell my AP ROC blue dial bracelet...I just realized your FPJ is a different reference than the current Octa Lune. Love the 38mm. And much prefer the 40mm to the 42mm.

I don't look at watches like investments at all (being from the Graham and Buffett school of thought). But it would be nice to not lose a lot of money on a purchase.

Thanks

These were trading under market until recently due to the overall rising tide, and are now close to retail. You have to love them (I do) because they are automatic - many people prefer manual Journe - and it’s also a non-guilloche dial, which is different from the traditional journe dna. I love the salmon rose example as I think it shows off the moon beautifully. It’s a very classy piece. Great heft too.

Value wise long term I don’t think you get hurt. But I wouldn’t expect it to bring in outsized returns either.
Old 16 October 2020, 02:36 AM   #348
watchguy1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks

I have this watch in platinum and have been watching the market over the past few months. The watch used to trade for $10k under retail up until Spring 2020. They now go for close to $70k, which is $20k over retail. The Watchbox and European Watch Company have listed several of these over the past few months in the mid/high $60k range. European Watch Company has the gold one for $68 listed this morning and already reserved. I’ve also heard rumors of this model being discontinued soon.
watchguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:18 AM   #349
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguy1234 View Post
I have this watch in platinum and have been watching the market over the past few months. The watch used to trade for $10k under retail up until Spring 2020. They now go for close to $70k, which is $20k over retail. The Watchbox and European Watch Company have listed several of these over the past few months in the mid/high $60k range. European Watch Company has the gold one for $68 listed this morning and already reserved. I’ve also heard rumors of this model being discontinued soon.
I've heard the same rumors. The Black Label version of this watch is one of the most beautiful watches I have ever seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg market_image.2187793.jpg (154.8 KB, 452 views)
Old 16 October 2020, 03:26 AM   #350
sunchiho1991
"TRF" Member

I think the annual production is so low nowadays. I was told by the staff that only 6 was produced last year and seems like not much ppl were interested in this watch. However, this year the price is going up so quickly. Someone offered me 80k plus for the model this year. Don't know where the hype is from though. It might due to auctions that have drawn some attentions from the public.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N9700 發送
sunchiho1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:35 AM   #351
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchiho1991 View Post
I think the annual production is so low nowadays. I was told by the staff that only 6 was produced last year and seems like not much ppl were interested in this watch. However, this year the price is going up so quickly. Someone offered me 80k plus for the model this year. Don't know where the hype is from though. It might due to auctions that have drawn some attentions from the public.

It's because it's a beautiful watch, super low production, and they are super hard to to get now.

Lots of FPJ DNA as well.
Old 16 October 2020, 03:38 AM   #352
sunchiho1991
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaye View Post
It's because it's a beautiful watch, super low production, and they are super hard to to get now.

Lots of FPJ DNA as well.
yes indeed, the production is so little and for now it is hard to get even if you are willing to pay premium. I had a little regrets when I bought this watch.

Old 16 October 2020, 03:44 AM   #353
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yes indeed, the production is so little and for now it is hard to get even if you are willing to pay premium. I had a little regrets when I bought this watch.

I think some people are coming around to the fact that what they once thought of as rare (oh look a LE of 500), isn't really that rare. I had a salmon dial Centigraphe. 16 ever made. That's rare. These Lune's were never made in great numbers, but they are just a trickle now. Really nothing except CBs and CSs are made in any kind of great numbers. I think the Lune is a future classic. So much dna from the brand contained here. Excellent watch.

Full disclosure: I got lucky and am actually having a Black Label made for me next year. One of two being made in 2021. When watches are actually really rare just a small spike in demand can cause some interesting pricing changes.

Great discussion. I could talk about FPJ all day.
Old 16 October 2020, 03:53 AM   #354
sunchiho1991
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think some people are coming around to the fact that what they once thought of as rare (oh look a LE of 500), isn't really that rare. I had a salmon dial Centigraphe. 16 ever made. That's rare. These Lune's were never made in great numbers, but they are just a trickle now. Really nothing except CBs and CSs are made in any kind of great numbers. I think the Lune is a future classic. So much dna from the brand contained here. Excellent watch.

Full disclosure: I got lucky and am actually having a Black Label made for me next year. One of two being made in 2021. When watches are actually really rare just a small spike in demand can cause some interesting pricing changes.

reallly congratulations on the black label. I guess FPJ does know how to keep a good relationship with their earlier customers. glad that now FPJ is getting more attention in the watch community.

Old 16 October 2020, 03:55 AM   #355
watchguy1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Very exciting! Do you have any photos to share of a Black Label Lune (even if they aren’t yours)?

Regarding production numbers, there are roughly 320 Lunes in total, including platinum and gold, 40 and 42mm. This for the 2015+ model. That’s ~50/year. Given all the configurations, 40 gold, 40 plat, 42 gold, 42 plat, 40 boutique, 42 boutique, 40 black label, 42, black label, and one-off dial variations, that come down to maybe ~10 per model on average per year.
Old 16 October 2020, 03:59 AM   #356
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
reallly congratulations on the black label. I guess FPJ does know how to keep a good relationship with their earlier customers. glad that now FPJ is getting more attention in the watch community.

Thanks! And yes, Black Labels can be tough to get now. I feel bad for people just showing up to the brand now. It can be tough sledding to get any of the "special" pieces, but to me they are all special pieces.
Old 16 October 2020, 04:06 AM   #357
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Very exciting! Do you have any photos to share of a Black Label Lune (even if they aren’t yours)?

Regarding production numbers, there are roughly 320 Lunes in total, including platinum and gold, 40 and 42mm. This for the 2015+ model. That’s ~50/year. Given all the configurations, 40 gold, 40 plat, 42 gold, 42 plat, 40 boutique, 42 boutique, 40 black label, 42, black label, and one-off dial variations, that come down to maybe ~10 per model on average per year.
That picture above is the only one I can get to fit.

The interesting thing about those numbers is I have it on good authority that when the watch first came out they produced many more than they do now. It has slowed to a trickle, and the vast majority of all of them produced are grey dials (like pretty much all offerings now), whereas the salmons and blacks are just a fraction of the overall number. I'd guess (total guess) there are less than 25 salmons and less than 50 blacks in all configurations.

It's a really beautiful watch. I can't wait. Got it ordered a couple months ago (special order type thing), and no idea when it will be made next year. I just know there are two black dial Lune's being made next year, and I get one of them.
Old 17 October 2020, 05:10 AM   #358
rfs
"TRF" Member

Congrats Swaye, my good friend!
Old 27 October 2020, 05:04 AM   #359
watchguy1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here’s a platinum 40 just listed for $70k. https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...-/--36071.html
Old 27 October 2020, 05:07 AM   #360
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

There's a havana CS in-stock @ Palladio in Vancouver (Canada).
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote