The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 November 2022, 06:26 AM   #1
absurd
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Little Blue Dot
Posts: 19
Thoughts: ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE SELFWINDING CHRONOGRAPH?

What are your thoughts on the Reference model -26420SO.OO.A002CA.01? Is this a good first AP if i can get my hands on it? I am in 2 minds on the size & whether it would fit well....any thoughts are welcome.
absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 06:36 AM   #2
dmash
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: FL/TX/BKK
Posts: 5,515
Yes great watch

Buy grey and save $15k
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 06:39 AM   #3
macrowatch
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: HK
Posts: 4,127
Amazing watch. First offshore I ever bought because I was finally able to pull off this size. Make sure it fits YOU is more important consideration.

My only small gripe is chrono is a bit impractical but thatís kind of across all AP chrono calibers at this point.

Thing is built like a tank durability wise. Run into doors, trains, desk drawers no problem. (Serious first world problems for a RO). Still Good to go.

Immensely enjoyable if you can afford the excessive experience.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 06:40 AM   #4
JettyOne
"TRF" Member
 
JettyOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: USA
Posts: 121
Provide your wrist shot with a popular watch, and size. We can provide more meaningful inputs.

Itís a great piece, a tad large for my 7Ē wrist.


This thread came to mind.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=12469529


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 06:58 AM   #5
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member
 
VogelPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Yes great watch

Buy grey and save $15k
$50 to a charity of your choice, receipt posted here, if you provide a link to a credible seller (e.g. established on Moda), offering a new 43mm ROO for $27.6k (MSRP - $15k) or less.

To OP: It's a great watch, if you have the wrist for it, but I find the taupe dial or grey/blue titanium even more interesting.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 08:39 AM   #6
dmash
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: FL/TX/BKK
Posts: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
$50 to a charity of your choice, receipt posted here, if you provide a link to a credible seller (e.g. established on Moda), offering a new 43mm ROO for $27.6k (MSRP - $15k) or less.

To OP: It's a great watch, if you have the wrist for it, but I find the taupe dial or grey/blue titanium even more interesting.
Did I say minus MSRP? No

Is there any AP boutique in a tax free state? No.

Soo let's take a true out the door value of ~$46k, as that's what you would pay (and what I clearly stated). Minus 15k = ~$31k. There have been TWO 26420SO listed for 35k in the last two weeks which were never sold. a ~$31k offer is *entirely* within reason.

I'd suggest to verify correct logic next time instead of be so quick to pounce, otherwise you might be out a pretty penny
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 09:20 AM   #7
Willyjo
"TRF" Member
 
Willyjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Singapore
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Did I say minus MSRP? No

Is there any AP boutique in a tax free state? No.

Soo let's take a true out the door value of ~$46k, as that's what you would pay (and what I clearly stated). Minus 15k = ~$31k. There have been TWO 26420SO listed for 35k in the last two weeks which were never sold. a ~$31k offer is *entirely* within reason.

I'd suggest to verify correct logic next time instead of be so quick to pounce, otherwise you might be out a pretty penny

I would jump on that offer. Where do u see those please?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 09:26 AM   #8
GWL2
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Columbus
Watch: 116610ln, 116710ln
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
I would jump on that offer. Where do u see those please?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GWL2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 10:13 AM   #9
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member
 
VogelPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Did I say minus MSRP? No

Is there any AP boutique in a tax free state? No.

Soo let's take a true out the door value of ~$46k, as that's what you would pay (and what I clearly stated). Minus 15k = ~$31k. There have been TWO 26420SO listed for 35k in the last two weeks which were never sold. a ~$31k offer is *entirely* within reason.

I'd suggest to verify correct logic next time instead of be so quick to pounce, otherwise you might be out a pretty penny
Thanks for clarifying that you were just making up numbers.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 11:52 AM   #10
dmash
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: FL/TX/BKK
Posts: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
I would jump on that offer. Where do u see those please?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWL2 View Post
Same here


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The two on MODA were deleted, I'm sure they'll get reposted shortly. it happens frequently if they don't sell within a few days. I'll ping you if you actually want one at that.

There was also just one for $36k on another website I'm trying to find it in my history. I'm on phone at the moment.

There's one for $33k with a small knick on the body here: http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...=1023501&rid=0

been trying to sell this for weeks on different platforms. You could probably get it for 30k if the nick doesn't bother you (I know with the way I wear watches, that happens within a few months to almost all my watches anyways).

Deals are over the places for ROO guys, if you ignore the charade by some acting like values haven't plummeted.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 11:53 AM   #11
dmash
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: FL/TX/BKK
Posts: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Thanks for clarifying that you were just making up numbers.
you look silly, quite frankly I point out your failed logic and you still grasp for straws. Desperate for the market to stay afloat eh?
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 12:26 PM   #12
10XRolex
"TRF" Member
 
10XRolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,446
This was my first AP and it actually kicked my Rolex JC Deepsea off the daily go to list for a while. I have a 7 3/4" wrist so it's an easy wear for me.

If you have the frame size for it, I'd say give it a go. I don't think you'll regret the decision.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 12:37 PM   #13
911AP
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
you look silly, quite frankly I point out your failed logic and you still grasp for straws. Desperate for the market to stay afloat eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
The two on MODA were deleted, I'm sure they'll get reposted shortly. it happens frequently if they don't sell within a few days. I'll ping you if you actually want one at that.

There was also just one for $36k on another website I'm trying to find it in my history. I'm on phone at the moment.

There's one for $33k with a small knick on the body here: http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...=1023501&rid=0

been trying to sell this for weeks on different platforms. You could probably get it for 30k if the nick doesn't bother you (I know with the way I wear watches, that happens within a few months to almost all my watches anyways).

Deals are over the places for ROO guys, if you ignore the charade by some acting like values haven't plummeted.
Bro they moved your pricing thread to another section. Wasn't that a clue for you? Stop turning every thread on this forum into a pricing thread. Go have your arguments in the dedicated thread that was put in your corner of the forum. You are annoying people at this point.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 12:49 PM   #14
dmash
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: FL/TX/BKK
Posts: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Bro they moved your pricing thread to another section. Wasn't that a clue for you? Stop turning every thread on this forum into a pricing thread. Go have your arguments in the dedicated thread that was put in your corner of the forum. You are annoying people at this point.
do you have a crush on me? The only person annoying is you, stated by multiple people, multiple times.

and fwiw I'm giving the OP advice and made a quick comment where to buy. Not my fault Vogel asked for details on pricing which I supplied. Are you really so blindsided with love for me you failed to see he inquired about this?

Stop being a weirdo and chasing me in multiple threads. It's odd.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 12:49 PM   #15
messikens
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SFO
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10XRolex View Post
This was my first AP and it actually kicked my Rolex JC Deepsea off the daily go to list for a while. I have a 7 3/4" wrist so it's an easy wear for me.

If you have the frame size for it, I'd say give it a go. I don't think you'll regret the decision.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Cool collection! Did I spot a Beast, 15202, 26420 in the background? Would love to have you post a shot of the entire suitcase
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 12:54 PM   #16
dmash
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: FL/TX/BKK
Posts: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10XRolex View Post
This was my first AP and it actually kicked my Rolex JC Deepsea off the daily go to list for a while. I have a 7 3/4" wrist so it's an easy wear for me.

If you have the frame size for it, I'd say give it a go. I don't think you'll regret the decision.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
are you still wearing the 44 after purchasing the (at least one) 43 I see in the background? Seems everybody is on board with the new sizing!
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 01:17 PM   #17
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member
 
VogelPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
you look silly, quite frankly I point out your failed logic and you still grasp for straws. Desperate for the market to stay afloat eh?
Ok, you got me. $35k really means $31k, and used with a "small nick" is just as good as new. How could anyone disagree?
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 01:51 PM   #18
dmash
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: FL/TX/BKK
Posts: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Ok, you got me. $35k really means $31k, and used with a "small nick" is just as good as new. How could anyone disagree?
stop digging further, seriously lol

dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 03:25 PM   #19
SMD
"TRF" Member
 
SMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: SMD
Location: LGA/EWR/ORD
Watch: AP/PP
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Did I say minus MSRP? No

Is there any AP boutique in a tax free state? No.

Soo let's take a true out the door value of ~$46k, as that's what you would pay (and what I clearly stated). Minus 15k = ~$31k. There have been TWO 26420SO listed for 35k in the last two weeks which were never sold. a ~$31k offer is *entirely* within reason.

I'd suggest to verify correct logic next time instead of be so quick to pounce, otherwise you might be out a pretty penny
Why do you assume grey is tax free? Unless the buyer is in a no sales tax state, they owe sales tax regardless of where it was purchased. Unless you are comparing buying at a boutique and paying tax to grey and tax fraud.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2022, 05:43 AM   #20
10XRolex
"TRF" Member
 
10XRolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
are you still wearing the 44 after purchasing the (at least one) 43 I see in the background? Seems everybody is on board with the new sizing!
I flip back and forth between the two but the 43 definitely gets the brunt of the wear. Sometimes I wonder why I still have the 44. I should probably sell it to let someone else enjoy it more.
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2022, 07:06 AM   #21
10XRolex
"TRF" Member
 
10XRolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Cool collection! Did I spot a Beast, 15202, 26420 in the background? Would love to have you post a shot of the entire suitcase
Yes, the 25th anniversary Beast is in it along with the 16202 anniversary jumbo, the 43 taupe, silver/white 15500 and the 15710 Diver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220929_194156.jpg (240.8 KB, 395 views)
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2022, 07:37 AM   #22
just1time
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: toRonTo, oN,
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Yes great watch

Buy grey and save $15k
I highly doubt this....HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it.
just1time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2022, 11:51 AM   #23
messikens
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SFO
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10XRolex View Post
Yes, the 25th anniversary Beast is in it along with the 16202 anniversary jumbo, the 43 taupe, silver/white 15500 and the 15710 Diver.

Congrats - all gorgeous and all still on my to do list
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 07:55 AM   #24
Willyjo
"TRF" Member
 
Willyjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Singapore
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
The two on MODA were deleted, I'm sure they'll get reposted shortly. it happens frequently if they don't sell within a few days. I'll ping you if you actually want one at that.

There was also just one for $36k on another website I'm trying to find it in my history. I'm on phone at the moment.

There's one for $33k with a small knick on the body here: http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...=1023501&rid=0

been trying to sell this for weeks on different platforms. You could probably get it for 30k if the nick doesn't bother you (I know with the way I wear watches, that happens within a few months to almost all my watches anyways).

Deals are over the places for ROO guys, if you ignore the charade by some acting like values haven't plummeted.

Thanks I will search. Will jump at that price. Pls pm if u see anything like that.

Much appreciated


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 02:10 PM   #25
Bpan
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: NYC
Watch: 16233
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
Thanks I will search. Will jump at that price. Pls pm if u see anything like that.

Much appreciated


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watch only with bezel nick sold at 28.9k within 1.5 hours.


Full set at 35.5k is still sitting unsold for about 32 hours if you're still interested.
Bpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 01:56 AM   #26
Willyjo
"TRF" Member
 
Willyjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Singapore
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpan View Post
Watch only with bezel nick sold at 28.9k within 1.5 hours.


Full set at 35.5k is still sitting unsold for about 32 hours if you're still interested.

Thanks, where is this listed pls?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 02:28 AM   #27
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member
 
VogelPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
Thanks, where is this listed pls?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moda watch group on Facebook (status is "pending sale" now).
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 03:10 AM   #28
Willyjo
"TRF" Member
 
Willyjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Singapore
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Moda watch group on Facebook (status is "pending sale" now).

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2023, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.