The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2022, 06:41 AM   #1
aa909
Banned

Recent AD visit

Stopped by a local AD this weekend, store was empty but there were nearly 20 PPs on display (to try on only). first time since covid I have seen a patek dealer with pieces on display, not to mention 5 different nautilis models, 5 aquanats and various complications (no new releases). I actually don't recall seeing this many pieces on display in years.

I had a chance to try on a few pieces and discussed allocation options. Pretty good conversation with the SA and she signaled that ADs may finally be getting some pieces back in stock and making calls to clients in the coming weeks / months
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 07:05 AM   #2
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
What I am hearing is these watches in the case now are actually sold but ADs need to have a certain minimum stock on display so they cannot be released to customers until new stock comes in. It's a crazy watch world.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 09:46 AM   #3
norcalgt3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Stopped by a local AD this weekend, store was empty but there were nearly 20 PPs on display (to try on only). first time since covid I have seen a patek dealer with pieces on display, not to mention 5 different nautilis models, 5 aquanats and various complications (no new releases). I actually don't recall seeing this many pieces on display in years.

I had a chance to try on a few pieces and discussed allocation options. Pretty good conversation with the SA and she signaled that ADs may finally be getting some pieces back in stock and making calls to clients in the coming weeks / months
Hm, haven't seen this at my local AD in California. Which AD was this? I'm wondering if this will roll out more broadly.
norcalgt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 11:24 AM   #4
Coolcamden
"TRF" Member

I haven’t seen a thing.
Coolcamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 02:46 PM   #5
GelatoBoii
"TRF" Member

Same in Arizona!
GelatoBoii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 03:27 PM   #6
Tachycardia
"TRF" Member

Tourneau patek at south coast plaza in California has various aquanaut and nautilus on display.
Tachycardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 07:26 PM   #7
kanwind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
What I am hearing is these watches in the case now are actually sold but ADs need to have a certain minimum stock on display so they cannot be released to customers until new stock comes in. It's a crazy watch world.
If those watches are sold, they will not even let to try on
You may can only see after the window
kanwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 09:15 PM   #8
patlex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwind View Post
If those watches are sold, they will not even let to try on
You may can only see after the window
My AD allows me to try on those already allocated, or any one which is displayed. As to why these watches are not released to the buyers, I’m told that the AD needs to display a minimum number.
patlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 11:57 PM   #9
D_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My SA said the exact same thing…

Not sure how I feel about that… knowing you paid for it and others get to try it on etc. Wonder if the client gets the full unboxing experience etc before they put it on display. I reckon they must because they have to come in an pay for it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 02:16 AM   #10
Will_L
"TRF" Member

Was in Spain for work and visited the AD, they had 'display only' models as well

Have seen the little storefront signs popping up left and right
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 05:24 AM   #11
newonos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i dunno if that is uniform. my local ad has zero in the case.
newonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 05:51 AM   #12
rolex_addict
"TRF" Member

2023 will be different, most of the models will be available for sale on display except nautilus and aquanauts
rolex_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 05:52 AM   #13
HAPConst
Banned

So you pay in full and then the AD keeps it for an unspecified amount of time so others can handle it? I understand some folks are hung up on buying from an AD but that’s just plain dumb. You pay for it, you take it. My Lambo dealer didn’t make me pay upfront so others can sit in it and make motor boat sounds.
HAPConst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 06:32 AM   #14
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPConst View Post
So you pay in full and then the AD keeps it for an unspecified amount of time so others can handle it? I understand some folks are hung up on buying from an AD but that’s just plain dumb. You pay for it, you take it. My Lambo dealer didn’t make me pay upfront so others can sit in it and make motor boat sounds.
This made my laugh out loud. Thank you.
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 10:21 AM   #15
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patlex View Post
My AD allows me to try on those already allocated, or any one which is displayed. As to why these watches are not released to the buyers, I’m told that the AD needs to display a minimum number.

Patek requires a certain number of watches to be on display at an AD now. These are real watches - the AD has to purchase them. They can sell them but not without replacing it with something in the case. Whether any of these watches have actually been purchased and are waiting to be picked up by the buyer ? I suppose this Varies from one AD to another.

Rolex is similar - ADs are expected to display certain number of watches - these are real watches that the AD must purchase … the big difference is that these watches do not have serial numbers at all… at some point they will go back to Rolex and get serial numbers engraved on the rehaut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote