The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 November 2022, 05:49 PM   #31
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
"Light polish for retail" is the common phrase on some Facebook group that shall go unnamed.

If cash refund is off the table, an exchange for an actual unpolished specimen is probably the next best solution.
"Detail for retail"
APWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2022, 07:25 PM   #32
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdetgasxd View Post
The refund was offered 3 days after i bought it, and as i had no knowledge if it was actually polished, only an intuition, i wanted to see if it was actually polished or not first. The seller has a now said refund is off the table as it has dropped in value. However he believes its worth the same so we came to an agreement that he will sell the watch and buy a new one. Pretty scummy though that he will sell it on knowing its been polished poorly and movement is damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think that's your problem that he misrepresented and now prices have dropped. Had he been honest, he wouldn't have put himself in that situation. It takes time for AP to validate whether it has been polished. He should refund you.

From the pictures, it is very clearly polished and for him to advertise otherwise is a complete misrepresentation
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 05:00 AM   #33
seadubs
"TRF" Member

Its definitely his problem the prices dropped - the seller offered him a refund when prices were high but IMO now its not his responsibility 5 months later. If prices were higher I bet the buyer wouldn't necessarily feel the same.

I think the suggestion another member had of getting a new bezel, case and bracelet isn't the worst idea. He was OK paying $220k for the piece - another $5-$10k wont hurt. Perhaps the grey dealer will cover this expense, or part of it.

Good luck OP, hopefully you end up with a clean piece in the end. Its a spectacular piece!
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 02:00 AM   #34
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdetgasxd View Post
The refund was offered 3 days after i bought it, and as i had no knowledge if it was actually polished, only an intuition, i wanted to see if it was actually polished or not first. The seller has a now said refund is off the table as it has dropped in value. However he believes its worth the same so we came to an agreement that he will sell the watch and buy a new one. Pretty scummy though that he will sell it on knowing its been polished poorly and movement is damaged.

Looks like this is a pretty good outcome all things considered.

Secondary market is quite scary for AP in terms of stated conditions/provenance/service history.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 04:39 PM   #35
YoungMoneyAssassin
"TRF" Member

Full refund. No question.

YoungMoneyAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 11:11 PM   #36
Arnozerosix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadubs View Post
Its definitely his problem the prices dropped - the seller offered him a refund when prices were high but IMO now its not his responsibility 5 months later. If prices were higher I bet the buyer wouldn't necessarily feel the same.

I think the suggestion another member had of getting a new bezel, case and bracelet isn't the worst idea. He was OK paying $220k for the piece - another $5-$10k wont hurt. Perhaps the grey dealer will cover this expense, or part of it.

Good luck OP, hopefully you end up with a clean piece in the end. Its a spectacular piece!
Arnozerosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 11:14 PM   #37
Arnozerosix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMoneyAssassin View Post
Full refund. No question.

i would be very surprised that after almost 6 months the seller would refund the watch, except of course if he can sale something with more profit to OP....
Arnozerosix is offline   Reply With Quote