The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 29 December 2021, 06:40 PM   #151
JohnWilson
"TRF" Member

Well you can get 20% off a Seamster 300 as an advertised price on Goldsmiths and Watches of Switz currently... online sale price. Can't help but think it looks like a good deal!
JohnWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2021, 09:39 PM   #152
colpol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWilson View Post
Well you can get 20% off a Seamster 300 as an advertised price on Goldsmiths and Watches of Switz currently... online sale price. Can't help but think it looks like a good deal!
Saw that yesterday & with 0% finance. Good deal if in market for one. Must be a poor seller. Was checking out the speedy prices but no such luck with those models
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2021, 11:57 PM   #153
NK212
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
That looks like it’s the older model with the arrow seconds hand, not the current one with lollipop. But still a good deal!
NK212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 12:01 AM   #154
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Friend just bought a new speedy from Goldsmith's in the UK alongside a BB58.

£600 discount in total.

Speedy was hesalite model.

Manager really struggled to apply any more discount on.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 03:10 AM   #155
Tzoid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 116610
My recent history with my ADs has been 20% off a SMP 300 Black dial , 15% off a White Dial , 30% off a Green dial Aqua Terra Zero sales tax and includes shipping. The AQ was a great deal because one of their stores closed and they had excess inventory to move. I have also purchased 2 Rolex, 4 Tudor from them in the last 24 months. I deal with two ADs and the one within driving distance is closing the doors in January so that sucks.
Tzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 12:14 PM   #156
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR126720
I got 15% offer on a new Seamaster Titanium NTTD from my AD. Boutique offered nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pj1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2022, 12:13 PM   #157
mike morris
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN -116234
Today I got new speedy with 15% off ,plus no tax charge.AD in New Jersey’s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B5A3FE31-B383-42AC-B545-032B47857A24.jpeg (257.8 KB, 964 views)
mike morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2022, 11:59 PM   #158
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great watch. Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 07:19 AM   #159
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

I'm looking at the new blue dial Speedy Chronoscope. Can someone PM me if they know of an AD that is giving discounts?
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 01:01 PM   #160
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessir69 View Post
I'm looking at the new blue dial Speedy Chronoscope. Can someone PM me if they know of an AD that is giving discounts?
Depends on the AD and how long they've been sitting on it.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 05:11 PM   #161
vintage38
"TRF" Member

I purchased a Speedmaster back in December and a Planet Ocean recently. I didn't ask about a discount but was told by my SA they don't do discounts. With brick and mortor stores closing to the online stores , I don't mind paying retail as it's always a pleasure stopping in to my Omega AD to see the watches in person. I also like the experience of trying on a watch before purchasing, just can't do that with the a online store. I also read a article that you need to purchase a Omega from a AD or Omega's website to register the watch and receive the warranty. I think in the long run, no discounts equates to higher values for Omega. Which I'm sure all Omega owners would like to see.
vintage38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 11:03 PM   #162
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I spoke with a Boutique this week and was offered 5% off a Speedmaster Racing 44.5 watch. The reason was that the watch was not a new release and it had been out for a while and I had made multiple purchases from them before. I also spoke to an AD on this same watch and was offered 18% off the watch. The reason was my purchase history and the watch was not a big seller and they would like to move it. Discounts do exist on certain watches with certain AD's and Boutiques but that is limited to models that are not new releases or hot. Purchase history also plays into the equation. I always look at it as a specific to the watch and the market and over the years I have done a lot of business with various retailers and shop around and typically get a fair price on what I am looking for. In the end, discounts, no discounts or more than msrp, if I want a watch I will make it work.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 12:03 AM   #163
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR126720
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage38 View Post
I purchased a Speedmaster back in December and a Planet Ocean recently. I didn't ask about a discount but was told by my SA they don't do discounts. With brick and mortor stores closing to the online stores , I don't mind paying retail as it's always a pleasure stopping in to my Omega AD to see the watches in person. I also like the experience of trying on a watch before purchasing, just can't do that with the a online store. I also read a article that you need to purchase a Omega from a AD or Omega's website to register the watch and receive the warranty. I think in the long run, no discounts equates to higher values for Omega. Which I'm sure all Omega owners would like to see.

^ this sums it up nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pj1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2022, 01:24 AM   #164
BielWatches
"TRF" Member

I received 15% off a white dial seamaster last year. Walked back in roughly 4 months later and they were getting rid of all their Omega. I am hearing that more stores lost their AD status with Omega. Anyone else noticing anything similar in their area?
BielWatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2022, 02:38 AM   #165
VegasBaby
Banned

Quote:
You didn't ask for a discount on an Omega from an AD?? Unless its an Omega Boutique, discounts are still readily available. Most everyone here, who purchases a watch from their local, brick and mortar AD, ask for and receive discounts, even today, in this crazy world, while getting the same "pleasure" and "experience" of seeing the watch in person and trying it on.

You must be a real favorite of your AD........paying full retail price and loving it......
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2022, 03:49 AM   #166
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I like discounts and higher values
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 09:48 AM   #167
Cosmic Charlie
"TRF" Member

I took possession of a new 300M, white dial, steel bracelet for 28% off MSRP from an AD.
Cosmic Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 02:04 PM   #168
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

I only have a boutique near me. So no discounts from boutiques?
Old 22 March 2022, 11:33 PM   #169
Columbia04
"TRF" Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had an AD that is willing to negotiate that you are willing to share or DM me. I am having no luck near me - full MSRP on all.
Columbia04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 12:10 AM   #170
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
Friend just bought a new speedy from Goldsmith's in the UK alongside a BB58.

£600 discount in total.

Speedy was hesalite model.

Manager really struggled to apply any more discount on.

Could have done a lot better than that. Manager not telling the truth. Say what discount you want. If you are not happy with the discount offered, say you want to shop around and see if you can get a better deal. Leave your mobile number in case they can improve their offer. They will ring. Buying those two watches together I would want 15% off at the very least. Don't be afraid to walk, and shop around. You can always go back.
johnwigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 12:11 AM   #171
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwigan View Post
Could have done a lot better than that. Manager not telling the truth. Say what discount you want. If you are not happy with the discount offered, say you want to shop around and see if you can get a better deal. Leave your mobile number in case they can improve their offer. They will ring. Buying those two watches together I would want 15% off at the very least. Don't be afraid to walk, and shop around. You can always go back.
Manager could have 100% done better but my friend then got the call for his sub so I guess establishing a result kind of paid off

khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 12:22 AM   #172
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
Not this Omega owner. Why would I want to pay more? Luxury watch dealers are doing better than ever. They don't need our charity.

In fact one of the best things about Omega is the Rolex craziness does not apply. Do not wish it on Omega. No fun for watch enthusiasts. Great for ADs, flippers and grey dealers.
johnwigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 02:13 PM   #173
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

Got offered 15% off speedy and 300 white or black dial walking in … zero purchase history. No sales tax either. In NH
Tqmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 03:11 PM   #174
Topspin14m
"TRF" Member

Got a new speedy sapphire for 15% off at an AD in an airport last week. They just offered it immediately when I asked about the watch.
Topspin14m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 03:42 PM   #175
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Discounts are a quick way to devalue a brand
Think about it, you want a discount in an effort to soften the depreciation hit
The discount is why there's such a depreciation hit (when the retailer is saying their stuff is 20% over priced how does that affect the brands perception)

And round and round we go
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 09:44 AM   #176
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Why wouldn’t you buy a BNIB from a grey at x% off. I’d never pay retail for any Omega.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2022, 12:14 PM   #177
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Why wouldn’t you buy a BNIB from a grey at x% off. I’d never pay retail for any Omega.
Really? Not even the humble moonswatch or snoopy? I kid, I kid. I’m just jesting.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote