The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 17 May 2016, 02:26 AM   #31
sameer222
"TRF" Member

Watch: PatekRolexAPLange
Eager to add a Nautilus to the collection this year. I'm leaning towards the 5726 on bracelet at the moment but on tenterhooks for the new release(s).

Anyone heard any more rumours?
sameer222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 03:28 AM   #32
Breadstickz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I would love to see a blue dialed 5726, how about a tourbillon nautilus? Lol tag did just come out with their 16k tourbillon why not throw one into a nautilus for fun? Lol
Breadstickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 03:48 AM   #33
Chasseur
"TRF" Member

could you imagine that they will not make an event
it's my guess
too much problems for delivering standard models
Chasseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 05:39 AM   #34
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasseur View Post
it's my guess
wow, you think they don't announce any new nautilus models later this year?
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 06:25 AM   #35
ARNON
"TRF" Member

Icon9 4oth anniversary

My thoughts are two new models which shall be nothing really special. No real events or launch parties in celebration. I would think the release would be coming in October.
Old 17 May 2016, 06:36 AM   #36
bzabodyn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek / AP / Rolex
After no new Nautilus models at Basel, I heard from a few different people that the releases were being rolled out separately in Nov. I've been holding off on adding a 5726/1a with the hopes that a blue dial version is one of the new releases...

BZ
bzabodyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 07:13 AM   #37
rolex_addict
"TRF" Member

PC nautilus caliber 240
rolex_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 07:43 AM   #38
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzabodyn View Post
After no new Nautilus models at Basel, I heard from a few different people that the releases were being rolled out separately in Nov. I've been holding off on adding a 5726/1a with the hopes that a blue dial version is one of the new releases...

BZ
Yes I would definitely hold off on getting a 5726 as I think it will have a blue dial, even if it is not the most popular model on the forum many like it, and it would be stunning with a blue dial, hope you will get your dream 5726, in blue as a Nautilus is best with
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 07:50 AM   #39
martinr
"TRF" Member

You've got to be kidding Lapince, a blue dial 5726 for the 40th? A little anti climactic don't you think? Advising someone to wait for one? Seriously?
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 08:57 AM   #40
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
You've got to be kidding Lapince, a blue dial 5726 for the 40th? A little anti climactic don't you think? Advising someone to wait for one? Seriously?
Well I am just expressing my opinion, which is that since T Stern said we would see more blue, that the only Nautiluses made in the current collection which didn't get the blue dial, again as far as I know, might be wrong, are the 5726 and 5990, that yes he should wait to see if there will eventually be one, if there isn't he can get one quite easily, I don't think the prices will go through the roof if ever they don't make a blue dial or if ever it should be discontinued, there is not so long to wait so sure I would wait in his shoes. About anti climactic why do you say that? Many people love the 5726 and would love to see it with blue dial, it's not the most loved here but being put on a list for one in France is just impossible, I'm not saying that it will be the only novelty introduced for the 40th but it would be a welcomed one by many, I had one in grey and never really liked it, though it was and is my second favorite Nautilus, it might have been very different had it been with blue dial, again just my opinion
Old 17 May 2016, 09:00 AM   #41
martinr
"TRF" Member

5726 can be had at almost any AD in the USA in white, grey, on strap or on bracelet. Not a fast mover at all. Where did Thierry Stern say we would see more blue?
Old 17 May 2016, 09:04 AM   #42
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
5726 can be had at almost any AD in the USA in white, grey, on strap or on bracelet. Not a fast mover at all. Where did Thierry Stern say we would see more blue?
In a video or interview that a member posted a few months ago, and yes as well as in the US a 5711 can be had without too much difficulty, in Europe it's literally impossible, and in France they don't put anyone on a list for any of the SS Nautilus models, not a single one, too many people, and same for the 5167 in SS, don't understand why many models are readily available in the US but close to impossible to get in Europe, maybe because we have a huge amount of tourists, don't see any other logical explanation

Edit: to be clear T Stern said that we would see more blue in general, he didn't talk specifically about the Nautilus range, but I am guessing it should be affected as well, after all the Nautilus, like the 15202 is best served blue...
Old 17 May 2016, 09:35 AM   #43
martinr
"TRF" Member

I saw that video Lapince and I don't remember him saying that at all. I'm going to find it and if you're right I'll buy you a hamburger.
Old 17 May 2016, 09:49 AM   #44
martinr
"TRF" Member

Watch-insider interview and he doesn't say more blue dials. Your imagination again Lapince.
Old 17 May 2016, 05:41 PM   #45
Abdulla_Ali
"TRF" Member

A blue 5726 would make me very sad as I just got mine a couple of months ago unless I can ask them to change the dial which I think won't do.
Abdulla_Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 08:45 PM   #46
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Watch-insider interview and he doesn't say more blue dials. Your imagination again Lapince.
Martin, did you look for all the interviews he made? I remember a member saying he did in such interview and he did say something like: we do see blue dials in our future, not sure at all which one, in any case it would be logical as blue dials clearly have an edge over most other colors and clients when given the choice between different colors often want the blue one. But maybe you are right, french people have a lot of imagination, that is a big advantage in many fields, even if some people think you are a little strange About the hamburger no if you are right and I am wrong I'll buy you a sushi dinner, not asking you to have any reciprocity on this, but I never eat hamburgers, sorry, no need to come to Odessa, I'll wire you the money, not joking

I don't have time to search this as I need to go, but just read 3 interviews and in each he talks about blue dial on this or this model, anyways we will see the new models but there are always new blue dial models and they get the most attention, 5524, 5930, there is clearly a trend with blue and I think he his smart enough to see that and take advantage of it, again just my opinion...
Old 17 May 2016, 09:50 PM   #47
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Have to agree with lapince. I listened to it a few weeks ago. Definitely remember him saying to expect more blue in general. Stainless model will stay scarce as well. Here is the link http://www.watch-insider.com/news/ba...atek-philippe/

Now how about that burger. :)
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 10:16 PM   #48
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay821 View Post
Have to agree with lapince. I listened to it a few weeks ago. Definitely remember him saying to expect more blue in general. Stainless model will stay scarce as well. Here is the link http://www.watch-insider.com/news/ba...atek-philippe/

Now how about that burger. :)
Like I said I really don't like burgers at all, ate too many of them when I was a kid in the US, I was really ready to pay you a sushi dinner had I been wrong, but don't worry, the hamburger being such a generous proposition I wouldn't dare push for a sushi diner

The blue part starts at 10:30...

I am a little disappointed, I kinda liked the image of the half crazy homeless french guy with a lot of imagination, but thank God the "homeless" image is still here, pfewwww
Old 17 May 2016, 10:21 PM   #49
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulla_Ali View Post
A blue 5726 would make me very sad as I just got mine a couple of months ago unless I can ask them to change the dial which I think won't do.
AFAIK they replace the dial on cost a member wrote his white 5711 dial was replaced for blue I think for 1.5 or 2K

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 10:42 PM   #50
Oboema Sesetokoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasseur View Post
it's my guess
John is right, no new Nautilus and no 40-year event.

I was in the Patek Salon in Geneva last week, they confirmed there will be no Nautilus event and no new model. I was surprised and asked it a few times in different ways, but the answer was loud an clear: NO.
Oboema Sesetokoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 10:46 PM   #51
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboema Sesetokoe View Post

I was in the Patek Salon in Geneva last week, they confirmed there will be no Nautilus event and no new model. I was surprised and asked it a few times in different ways, but the answer was loud an clear: NO.
Interesting...I can only hope they didn't want to reveal anything.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 10:47 PM   #52
Flex368
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes!
Funny enough then that there is an AD who already announced in a magazine ad that there will be a 40th anniversary model in autumn.
Flex368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2016, 10:57 PM   #53
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
AFAIK they replace the dial on cost a member wrote his white 5711 dial was replaced for blue I think for 1.5 or 2K
Really? I am very surprised, I thought only AP did that and from what I heard they were hard on going from white/black to blue, but Patek? Amazing, at the same time it is only normal if you buy 2 watches for the same price but one has a lower resale value that you should be able to change the dial, so good point for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboema Sesetokoe View Post

Well let's hope this won't be the case, I would find it really a shame not to commemorate in some way the 40th of such an iconic watch, especially when you see how many models were made the last years, they should have released less and keep 1-2 for the 40th, but again let's hope they were just giving you typical salesman BS, maybe they were hoping to put you off so that you would buy one they had and not wait for a new model, wouldn't be the first time...
Old 17 May 2016, 11:10 PM   #54
martinr
"TRF" Member

Lapince and Tay821, the discussion in the interview regarding blue begins at 10:35, the interviewer asks leading questions and Thierry is talking about the new world time watch with the guilloche dial. He says blue is popular and people can wear it casually, it works with steel and platinum, he is led to say there might be some blue dials because they are what people want, but he doesn't say what you guys want to hear, more blue dial Nautilus. We will find out soon enough. It's possible but in my opinion no 5726 blue dial will be made.

Lapince it so un-French of you to not like hamburgers, my offer still stands, I know a place in Paris that has great hamburgers, in the Eighth right around the corner from the New Orient Hotel, we can meet for lunch. About that sushi, Parisian sushi is awful, I like sushi and was so sick of French food after a few weeks there I tried to hunt some down, most looks like it's a week old at best. I wouldn't touch sushi in Odessa with a ten foot pair of chopsticks. Lapince, I must also say that even though I've deservedly criticized your posts I do admire your good natured attitude but would appreciate it more if you stopped offering up advice and opinions like they were fact. And please don't wire me money, I couldn't accept it in good conscience.
Old 17 May 2016, 11:14 PM   #55
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Lapince it so un-French of you to not like hamburgers, my offer still stands, I know a place in Paris that has great hamburgers, in the Eighth right around the corner from the New Orient Hotel, we can meet for lunch. About that sushi, Parisian sushi is awful, I like sushi and was so sick of French food after a few weeks there I tried to hunt some down, most looks like it's a week old at best. I wouldn't touch sushi in Odessa with a ten foot pair of chopsticks. Lapince, I must also say that even though I've deservedly criticized your posts I do admire your good natured attitude but would appreciate it more if you stopped offering up advice and opinions like they were fact. And please don't wire me money, I couldn't accept it in good conscience.

agreed, there are several fashionable hamburger joints in paris. it's a total craze! that and all things "brooklyn".

also agreed, overall, sushi in paris is absolutely terrible, with one or two rare exceptions.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 12:43 AM   #56
hussaint
"TRF" Member

With Vacheron just Introduced a sport world time model the Overseas World Time, I think patek might have something similar for the Nautilus 40th.
but my AD told me most probably It will be a redesigned 5726
hussaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 01:03 AM   #57
KarlS
Banned

I spoke to someone at PP who was not an AD or a salesperson in the salon! There will be 2 anniversary models in the autumn. But already too many so some may need to be withdrawn. If you look at the 20th AC they just changed the colour and put on some Breguet numbering. No launch, no events and no fireworks!! Maybe the 40th will be the same. A ceramic, PC, minute repeater, GMT is probably not on the cards!! Of course he could be blowing smoke up my.....
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 01:09 AM   #58
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lapince and Tay821, the discussion in the interview regarding blue begins at 10:35, the interviewer asks leading questions and Thierry is talking about the new world time watch with the guilloche dial. He says blue is popular and people can wear it casually, it works with steel and platinum, he is led to say there might be some blue dials because they are what people want, but he doesn't say what you guys want to hear, more blue dial Nautilus. We will find out soon enough. It's possible but in my opinion no 5726 blue dial will be made.

Martin I said that T Stern said there would be more blue in the future, I didn't say that he was talking about Nautiluses, I just from there deducted that the Nautilus range might be affected, as a Nautilus is at it's best with blue attire.

I offer opinion and advice but not as if it were fact, for me a forum is a place to discuss your opinion and I am always happy to learn when my opinion is wrong, as it certainly is often the case, but that is the way you learn in life, you give your opinion and the other person gives his, which can sometimes be back up by fact, if I didn't give my opinion I would probably learn twice less here, and for me this is a great place to learn, very often I give my opinion but add that I am really not an expert, my favorite threads are the ones were there is controversy and diverging opinions, not the ones about incomings or things like that.

Yep you are totally right sushi in Paris are terrible, but quite strangely they are very good in Odessa, it is such a fashion that almost all restaurants serve them, even ones that were at the beginning sandwich ones, incredible, but if you go to the right places you can find great ones, never got sick even once from eating them or do I know anybody who did except one friend who ate them at a fashion restaurant, basically the place you do not want to go for sushi.

About Odessa most people have the wrong idea, thinking it is a very boring city, grey and very soviet union like, couldn't be farther from the truth, for those who know Barcelona there is quite a resemblance, both big ports and big cities, about 1.5 million people for Odessa, very nice historical center, great nightlife, and when you know where to go great food, never met a single person, french, american, english, etc, who didn't like it, many if not most even love it.

Well I will be in Paris in June, not yet sure when exactly, so I will be happy to go try out your hamburger place if you are there, it's true some are very good, just when I hear hamburger I think Macdonalds, a little like 20-30 years ago when americans heard french food many of them thought snails and frog legs, both very good but basically tasteless by themselves, the sauce is 80%

Old 18 May 2016, 01:14 AM   #59
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
I spoke to someone at PP who was not an AD or a salesperson in the salon! There will be 2 anniversary models in the autumn. But already too many so some may need to be withdrawn. If you look at the 20th AC they just changed the colour and put on some Breguet numbering. No launch, no events and no fireworks!! Maybe the 40th will be the same. A ceramic, PC, minute repeater, GMT is probably not on the cards!! Of course he could be blowing smoke up my.....
No of course not, every person you meet at AD's, or salons tell always only the truth and nothing but the truth, I mean who ever heard of a salesperson giving you BS, unthinkable
Old 18 May 2016, 02:05 AM   #60
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
No of course not, every person you meet at AD's, or salons tell always only the truth and nothing but the truth, I mean who ever heard of a salesperson giving you BS, unthinkable
The point is the people in the salons and AD know squat! They are told 24 hours before any reveal. So they speculate pure and simple. I was referring to someone significantly up the value chain
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote