The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 October 2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Mrdi
Banned

Azdaytona

AZDAYTONA -

AZ is a newer member and has posted several NIB watches for sale, Daytonas, SD, Exp 2, etc. on our for sale forum.
I am considering a Rolex purchase from him and would like to know if anyone has done business with this member.

Comments as appropriate or...
Please PM me.

Best,

Mrdi
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2007, 01:32 PM   #2
Wolfgang427
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
You can also ask on watchnet-goodguys/dealwatch section. Try to get a full name and phone# also before sending out monies.
Wolfgang427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 02:21 AM   #3
Mrdi
Banned

No Response on Watchnet for AZDaytona
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 05:06 AM   #4
ohsixx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Make a guess!
I did not realize TRF For Sale Forum was intended for dealers.
"Speedy Pro"
ohsixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 05:29 AM   #5
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixx View Post
I did not realize TRF For Sale Forum was intended for dealers.
I agree. If a guy is a dealer I personally am against them joining the forum, getting 15 posts and then flooding the forum with thier wares.

None of my business though.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 10:07 AM   #6
cjj14u

Watch: 98 Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
I agree. If a guy is a dealer I personally am against them joining the forum, getting 15 posts and then flooding the forum with thier wares.

Would appear that Robrobin is in the same boat.....
cjj14u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 10:36 AM   #7
daunwaun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K YG Day Date
you know what if i can get a great price from someone reputable whether its a dealer or a member...just my 2 cents
Old 30 October 2007, 07:30 PM   #8
walds11
"TRF" Member

I agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daunwaun View Post
you know what if i can get a great price from someone reputable whether its a dealer or a member...just my 2 cents
walds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 08:24 PM   #9
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
I agree. If a guy is a dealer I personally am against them joining the forum, getting 15 posts and then flooding the forum with their wares.

Well I don't know why you comment on the topic and then say it's none of your business. That's like lighting a match and then saying, "I didn't want to start a fire."

In any event what you said is not quite correct. Dealers generally speaking are not banned from participating on any of our forums as we do not discriminate against any individuals. Dealers are individuals and deserve rights and entitlements too.

A dealer might have a nice watch now and then or one or two select watches to put up for sale. It is a matter of discretion. In some regards dealers provide a higher level of buyer confidence and also can offer some really great pieces to our members.

I don't think you will find any member dealer flooding the 'for sales' section with a multitude of items for sale, as that will not be permitted.

At this time we like to think we are taking a balanced approach, and hope it works for everyone's benefit. Each situation will be judged on its merits.

Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 08:28 PM   #10
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Watch: ????????
I know it should be ' buyer beware ' but this forum seems to generate its own trust between a lot of its members. I look over the classified section here and look upon the sellers to be kind of trusted - or the forum moderators would of steped in.
In my opinion - Active participation - should be a condition of listing. Otherwise, this great forum will become a market for sellers trying to find another way of advertising their sales on the back of the reputation of this great forum.
arttay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2007, 08:35 PM   #11
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arttay10 View Post
In my opinion - Active participation - should be a condition of listing. Otherwise, this great forum will become a market for sellers trying to find another way of advertising their sales on the back of the reputation of this great forum.
Not necessarily correct, the moderators will ensure that the situation does not get out of hand and is not abused by multiple posts at a time by any one individual. One can't make such a condition as you suggest, although such activity on other forums might like to be encouraged. As stated above it is a matter of discretion, you don't have to buy, but others may like to do so. With 7000+ members, it isn't as if you can become familiar with all members. That's part of the reason we have WatchOut!!! here.

I think the moderators do very well, and in any transaction anywhere, you need to do your homework before handing over the money, no matter how well you know the person you are dealing with
Old 30 October 2007, 08:38 PM   #12
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Not necessarily correct. One can't make such a condition, although such activity on other forums might like to be encouraged. As stated above it is a matter of discretion, you don't have to buy, but others may like to do so. With 7000+ members, it isn't as if you can become familiar with all members. That's part of the reason we have WatchOut!!! here.

I think the moderators do very well, and in any transaction anywhere, you need to do your homework before handing over the money, no matter how well you know the person you are dealing with
I understand and realise from your reply where you are comming from.
I would like to say though - I in no way meant to imply that the moderators don't do a good job - they do and do it well.
This is why this is such a good forum.

Last edited by arttay10; 30 October 2007 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 30 October 2007, 08:43 PM   #13
Lol-x
Facilitator

Stuart, please see I edited my post while you were quoting me.
I know you intended no offence and none was taken. Make no mistake we don't want to turn the forum into some 2 bit sales store. However, the for sales forum is a sales forum
You know some of these guys that are quasi-dealers have some pretty nice pieces at great prices and that provides really great value to other members. So it does add to the buddy/buddy and positive experience of the forum.
Old 30 October 2007, 11:46 PM   #14
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Let me re-phrase. Not none of my business.

Nothing I can do about it.

Apologies. I am not a rable rouser.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2007, 03:49 AM   #15
CPTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date; SS/WG DJ
I'll second Stuart's concerns.

This forum makes quasi-friends out of people who have never met in the traditional sense. People share details about their lives and their love of our common mistress, which fosters trust and friendship among the members.

I also get the feeling that trust is breached when people's only contributions are to the sales forum. They are not true members, as they are not here to share their enjoyment of watches, but rather to showcase their inventory. There have been several of them lately, and if you click on their "other posts" you see that 80% or more are sales posts.

This is a public forum, and I think the moderators do an excellent job. Most of the other forums are little more than covers to lend credibility to the dealer/sponsors.

I certainly agree that some dealers offer good products, and online trading provides good prices. There are also well known dealers that are active members of the forum. But when I look on the sales forum, a listing by an active member seems legit on its face. A listing by one of the non-active dealers just seems suspect.

No disrespect to anyone, particularly to the mods or dealer-members. But I know Stuart and I aren't the only ones who think this.
CPTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2007, 06:18 AM   #16
ohsixx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Make a guess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTL View Post
I'll second Stuart's concerns.

This forum makes quasi-friends out of people who have never met in the traditional sense. People share details about their lives and their love of our common mistress, which fosters trust and friendship among the members.

I also get the feeling that trust is breached when people's only contributions are to the sales forum. They are not true members, as they are not here to share their enjoyment of watches, but rather to showcase their inventory. There have been several of them lately, and if you click on their "other posts" you see that 80% or more are sales posts.

This is a public forum, and I think the moderators do an excellent job. Most of the other forums are little more than covers to lend credibility to the dealer/sponsors.

I certainly agree that some dealers offer good products, and online trading provides good prices. There are also well known dealers that are active members of the forum. But when I look on the sales forum, a listing by an active member seems legit on its face. A listing by one of the non-active dealers just seems suspect.

No disrespect to anyone, particularly to the mods or dealer-members. But I know Stuart and I aren't the only ones who think this.
Whew!
"Speedy Pro"
ohsixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2007, 03:25 PM   #17
AZDAYTONA

Watch: Rolex Daytona SS
Well can i chime in? i am not a dealer i am an individual who is afforede the luxury of owning over 50 time pieces. I buy and trade alot and have been on alot of forums for 5 years now. My main name is MikeS on watchtalkforums.info. I am a former moderator and friends with the likes of John Holbrook and Jim Skelton. I am azwatchman on TZ and have never screwed anyone out of a deal and have actuallybought and sold watches at Cost to fellow members when my AD i buy alot from gets in hard to find time pieces.

i always forward all my info along with my phone number to any buyer or trader. I am a 14 yr USNavy veteran and the father of two. You can also talk with Jim Clemens on TZ or Casey at timekeeper.com.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents in and with so many forums we all take a liking to one forum or the other. Heck JJ knows me as MikeS as well.

Thanks
AZDAYTONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2007, 05:01 PM   #18
Lol-x
Facilitator

O.K. Mike (I guess that's your name, if you put it in your profile that may help others here get to know you).

I have seen you on other forums going back a number of years, and that was one of the reasons I felt comfortable with your presence here.

However, it is always good to give yourself an introduction to forum members who may not be acquainted with you.

Please take into account that this is a non-commercial forum and so it is here as a vital living resource to genuine enthusiasts.

If you take account of my remarks stated earlier in this thread, I hope it can yield a win/win situation for all.
Old 31 October 2007, 10:15 PM   #19
CPTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date; SS/WG DJ
Mike: welcome!!

This is truly one of the friendliest forums around. We look forward to your input (and your sales corner contributions).
CPTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2007, 11:09 PM   #20
AZDAYTONA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
O.K. Mike (I guess that's your name, if you put it in your profile that may help others here get to know you).

I have seen you on other forums going back a number of years, and that was one of the reasons I felt comfortable with your presence here.

However, it is always good to give yourself an introduction to forum members who may not be acquainted with you.

Please take into account that this is a non-commercial forum and so it is here as a vital living resource to genuine enthusiasts.

If you take account of my remarks stated earlier in this thread, I hope it can yield a win/win situation for all.
No problem! I can understand some people not knowing some one and asking questions. but not someone who wants to to make assumptions like some have. You don't have to be a dealer like you stated to sell Rolex. There are people who live in areas that may have the benefit of having access to more of thre Rolex line than others. My hot spot has had LV subs and two new GMTII sitting in the case for weeks. I live in a town close to a retirement mecca and alot of the retirees just don't buy sport model watches! So hence i have a pool of Rolex and Omega sport watches at discount at my disposal to help my AD get more.

If you want you can change my Log in to MikeS and that may help others who have seen me thru the years on other boards. Looking forward to posting more!

MikeS
Old 1 November 2007, 03:25 AM   #21
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDAYTONA View Post
No problem! I can understand some people not knowing some one and asking questions. but not someone who wants to to make assumptions like some have. You don't have to be a dealer like you stated to sell Rolex. There are people who live in areas that may have the benefit of having access to more of thre Rolex line than others. My hot spot has had LV subs and two new GMTII sitting in the case for weeks. I live in a town close to a retirement mecca and alot of the retirees just don't buy sport model watches! So hence i have a pool of Rolex and Omega sport watches at discount at my disposal to help my AD get more.

If you want you can change my Log in to MikeS and that may help others who have seen me thru the years on other boards. Looking forward to posting more!

MikeS
Hi Mike,

If I've offended you in any way - please accept my appologies. I never attack personal character. If you read my comments - they are expressed in a general term, not individual.

Stuart.
Old 1 November 2007, 02:05 PM   #22
AZDAYTONA

no problem. Just people should research before judging! i can understand if a guy had a bad rap! But if it weren't for guys like me always wanting something else the sales corners would be boring! This is a great forum that i read alot on and enjoy!

Thanks for having me!