The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 January 2010, 05:52 AM   #1
underwater

My towing hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Range Rover has some dirt in the fuel and wouldn't run,so I called the father in law for a tow to the garage.Were I live in England theres lots of roundabouts,so its stop start all the time.We get the tow rope attached and off we go,obviously the brakes aren't great with the engine not running so i'm being very careful when stopping.My father in law is towing me way to fast,so I try to signal to him to slow down,no joy,so I blow the horn and do the slow down sign with my arm out the window,no joy,so now i'm leaning out the window,blowing my horn,waving my hands and shouting slow down.Eventually we stop at a roundabout with me still shouting "slow down".The father in law has now got the hump and gets out the car saying "who you shouting at bla bla bla" I said your driving too fast and you wouldn't slow down,I couldn't hear you,I said I know thats why i'm shouting at you to slow down,with this he walks off,leaving me with two cars in the middle of a roundabout.Then after about twenty minutes I managed to get the father in law back in the car to finish the towing job,but at a nice slow pace.I had visions of a multiple pile up.
underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 06:12 AM   #2
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Yeah, father in laws are a different breed all together. I would probably call for a tow than listen to him. I could see this same thing happening to me. Dude would get in the center fast lane going 90mph with the Landie bouncing behind. The pucker factor would tripple watching him talk on his cell phone at the same time. Of course if anything happens it's your fault, and more time to listen to his advice. All around bad situation.
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 06:14 AM   #3
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
maybe next time get a tow truck for the job ;-)

Ps - I thought the tow rope is illegal?

Recently saw a car towing another with a tow bar on M1.
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 06:22 AM   #4
diversified
"TRF" Member

Who says tow trucks are better. I once got towed from outside of Harrisburg Pa., 90 miles to my house at 3:00 AM with a tow driving 80 miles an hour around sharp mountain curves. Every time I told him that he better slowdown at certain curves, he just had this zombie look to him as we almost would go on two wheels. That was one 3:00 AM drive I was wide awake!
diversified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 06:26 AM   #5
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDakarBmw View Post
....Of course if anything happens it's your fault, and more time to listen to his advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
.....I thought the tow rope is illegal?
Really?? I didn't know that.....??

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 06:46 AM   #6
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
I wish I had a camera back when I stopped a guy being towed by his wife. This is the kicker, she was driving a car and he was on a HOG. He dumped the bike twice before I could pull him over and he was DUI, he blew a .20 and he did not know he was injured, with gaping wounds. I guess she got her revenge for having him yelling at her, with explicit language, the whole time before, during and after I conducted the stop. That was before we had the new domestic violence laws. She blew a .15 so it was a double header that day.

:r ofl:
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 08:24 AM   #7
azone5
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetrends View Post
I wish I had a camera back when I stopped a guy being towed by his wife. This is the kicker, she was driving a car and he was on a HOG. He dumped the bike twice before I could pull him over and he was DUI, he blew a .20 and he did not know he was injured, with gaping wounds. I guess she got her revenge for having him yelling at her, with explicit language, the whole time before, during and after I conducted the stop. That was before we had the new domestic violence laws. She blew a .15 so it was a double header that day.

Love these war stories. A friend of mine is an ER Doc. A Hells Angels type came in all scarred up on Monday afternoon with embedded gravel everywhere, cuts, major abrasions, etc. Doc asked what happened. Replied turned it over on Fri. nite. Doc asked why he didn't come in Friday. Guy said I just sobered up today and it started hurting like hell!
Old 29 January 2010, 08:30 AM   #8
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azone5 View Post
Love these war stories. A friend of mine is an ER Doc. A Hells Angels type came in all scarred up on Monday afternoon with embedded gravel everywhere, cuts, major abrasions, etc. Doc asked what happened. Replied turned it over on Fri. nite. Doc asked why he didn't come in Friday. Guy said I just sobered up today and it started hurting like hell!
fantastic!!

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 01:17 PM   #9
ft laud mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetrends View Post

ft laud mike is offline   Reply With Quote