The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 November 2006, 07:17 AM   #1
Southern Jessie

Nick Islander spotted with Andre Agassi!

Yep - I met up with Nick for a quick chat today (his Head Office and my place of work are literally 10 seconds away!).

I got a chance to see Nick's Green Sub close up and I must say it's pretty nice! Given the choice I would take it over the regular 16610. The green bezel is really cool and I also like the maxi dial on this particular model. Of course, I couldn't try it on cos' Nick's wrists are the size of a small tree

Hopefully in Feb 2007 Nick and I can join up with Adrian, Ed & Arleen and anyone else who can make it for a small TRF lunch/dinner :) :)
Southern Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 08:21 AM   #2
Islander

Was extremely good to meet up with you Shane: it's been a few months now, we shouldn't leave it that long.

I couldn't walk past Admiralty Arch without calling in, especially as we'd missed each other the day before.

(Apologies, to the "non-locals": Admiralty Arch is the arch from Trafalgar Square leading to Buckingham Palace, along the Mall )

Both our offices are in the street overlooking the Mall and St James Park - not a "bad address", even in world terms !!

The LV looked great on you.... but I'm quite sure its a keeper for me too, so you'll have to find your own when the time comes, but my AD will help!

All the best: see you soon I hope.
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 08:37 AM   #3
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Sounds like a great time, guys
Old 3 November 2006, 09:10 AM   #4
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jessie View Post
Yep - I met up with Nick for a quick chat today (his Head Office and my place of work are literally 10 seconds away!).

I got a chance to see Nick's Green Sub close up and I must say it's pretty nice! Given the choice I would take it over the regular 16610. The green bezel is really cool and I also like the maxi dial on this particular model. Of course, I couldn't try it on cos' Nick's wrists are the size of a small tree

Hopefully in Feb 2007 Nick and I can join up with Adrian, Ed & Arleen and anyone else who can make it for a small TRF lunch/dinner :) :)
Sounds like the two of you had a great time.

I'm sorry to tell you, Shane, but for the first time in 10 years we will not be coming to Jolly Ol' in February. We're going to be on the other side of the world then. We're doing Australia and New Zealand the last two weeks in February. I want to watch our BKL in action, scampering around the fields with his sheep.

But take heart, we will likely come over in May. We're going to spend a week in a villa in Tuscany. So on the way over, I thought we would stop over in London for a few days.

I'll keep you all posted on my schedule as it gets closer. I do hope at least some of us can get together then.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 04:44 PM   #5
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
That dinner in February is one I would love to make!! All great people with some great conversation I am sure!!

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 04:58 PM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Great going....Shane and Nick....wish you could post some pics. Two wonderful TRFites meeting up!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 10:26 PM   #7
Islander

Apologies JJ: no pics this time... it was literally a flying visit during work time for both of us.

Luckily we've posted our get togethers before, so just assume that we look about the same :-) :-)
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 10:30 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jessie View Post

Myself will be there as well would not miss it for anything.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote