The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 November 2013, 09:54 PM   #31
adsusanto

Watch: too many....
FOR GOD'S SAKE PEOPLE....the point I am trying to put in my thread IS NOT whether I can send in my watch for warranty with a third party bracelet NOR whether I am unhappy with my watch!!! (Because I cant dive with bracelet or precious metal!)

ALL I want to point out is IT WOULD BE really nice IF ROLEX would produce their own rubber options! (since it is a sport watch) Whether they would do it or not it's their problem!

Just like everyone in this forum, surely people are entitled to their own opinions and share. Look how many times people also request to have this color or that....no this nor yes to that....WHAT DO YOU THINK?? ROLEX really F*$K care?? They make tooooo much to care about an insignificant "small" potatoes like us....and yet we still do share comments in this community??
adsusanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 09:57 PM   #32
up2nogood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
It is a valid point. Rolex has missed a marketing opportunity by not offering rubber.
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 10:02 PM   #33
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Rubber on new gold models, not a good look IMHO. Would you put the cheapest wheels in the market on a ferrari?? No you wouldnt.

Vintage on the other hand, that is a different story. I do like it on vintage.
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 10:03 PM   #34
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
Rubber band and gold watch? Seriously?

Maybe they should include rubber watch head also?

Either remove the watch for diving or wear it, don't worry, gold won't rust.

Hi buddy....I take this insult because I assume you dont understand the point I am trying to make in my thread!

I AM NOT in anyway saying I am not happy whether I can dive with my watch or not .....

Besides LOOK I love the LB because of the blue face! NOT of the gold...how many choice you get for Blue face?? they either come in WG or TT. Also just because I prefer to have a rubber band....It's not just for diving issue...BUT more to protect it! DO you know much is it to replace a new original bracelet???
Old 9 November 2013, 10:07 PM   #35
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Gold will last longer in the ocean than steel or rubber - but I agree it would be good if they offered a rubber option for their sports watches, or a Rolex 'NATO'
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 10:11 PM   #36
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
Rubber on new gold models, not a good look IMHO. Would you put the cheapest wheels in the market on a ferrari?? No you wouldnt.

Vintage on the other hand, that is a different story. I do like it on vintage.
I do agree in a bit...that the GOLD probably dont match the rubber well....but in the case of the LB...the blue rubber does match quite well.

$300 for rubber isnt cheapest stuff on the market is it???
Old 9 November 2013, 10:12 PM   #37
kkwn98
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsusanto View Post
FOR GOD'S SAKE PEOPLE....the point I am trying to put in my thread IS NOT whether I can send in my watch for warranty with a third party bracelet NOR whether I am unhappy with my watch!!! (Because I cant dive with bracelet or precious metal!)

ALL I want to point out is IT WOULD BE really nice IF ROLEX would produce their own rubber options! (since it is a sport watch) Whether they would do it or not it's their problem!

Just like everyone in this forum, surely people are entitled to their own opinions and share. Look how many times people also request to have this color or that....no this nor yes to that....WHAT DO YOU THINK?? ROLEX really F*$K care?? They make tooooo much to care about an insignificant "small" potatoes like us....and yet we still do share comments in this community??
No need to get so excited. It's just a watch.

Secondly, yes, you're entitled to your opinion, just like those who replied are entitled to their opinions.
kkwn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 10:18 PM   #38
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkwn98 View Post
No need to get so excited. It's just a watch.

Secondly, yes, you're entitled to your opinion, just like those who replied are entitled to their opinions.
Hey I respect people opinions YES....but look at how some of the responses (then you will feel how I feel)
Old 9 November 2013, 10:19 PM   #39
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I do agree in a bit...that the GOLD probably dont match the rubber well....but in the case of the LB...the blue rubber does match quite well.

$300 for rubber isnt cheapest SH$T on the market is it??? ALSO just because it's a FERRARI DOES NOT MEAN you have to put 50K tyres?
Chill, dude - seems like you'e looking for confrontation. Get a rubber strap from somewhere else and go and complain to Rolex about it.
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 10:26 PM   #40
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
Chill, dude - seems like you'e looking for confrontation. Get a rubber strap from somewhere else and go and complain to Rolex about it.
DUDE....I am not look for any confrontation....I have tried to chill and ignore since my first post....BUT I guess people (SOME) are just getting me into.....(never mind)...

Look I would not have get a rubber B in the first place if I DONT KNOW or not happy at all with ROLEX options....Also as I said before....do you think ROLEX will even care even if we all complain about it???.....

AH...never mind...FORGET IT....Let's move on...
Old 9 November 2013, 10:29 PM   #41
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.

removed comment .....
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 11:00 PM   #42
up2nogood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Bloody Australians......

up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2013, 11:02 PM   #43
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
Bloody Australians......

I have chilled with John we sure know how to fix things here down unders....
Old 9 November 2013, 11:37 PM   #44
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
it would be nice if rolex offered the option of a rubber strap for their dive watch range.
Old 10 November 2013, 12:17 AM   #45
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I totally get it and agree. Rolex is not a progressive company and that is becoming a big problem for me.... The rest of the higher end watch world moves at a different speed and actually listens to their customers needs. Rolex has a take it or leave it mentality and I cant accept that anymore. When I was younger, I thought that was kinda cool because Rolex was such a desired watch and they must know what their doing. Perhaps they were being even a bit of a maverick. I am sure many new owners here are at that exact same point I was. I was young and non watch educated and needed to get some perspective. After 20 years and discovering there is other higher end watches as good or better than Rolex, I find the Rolex business and attitude toward their customers obnoxious and out of touch. It is not the norm in the watch world but somehow Rolex owners accept it as part of the ownership experience now days. From how Rolex wants to control their watches post sale, to arbitrarily enforcing ridiculous practices at their service center. They always seem two steps behind. I think this is why Rolex has the old man stigma about them??? I have a love hate relationship with Rolex. I like their watches but hate the company and find them arrogant and uninspiring. Rolex was once a cutting edge company of design decades ago and made tough watch designs for real professional divers and athletes. This is when they actually listened to their customers and cared what they thought. That company would have had a rubber strap with their watches if their customers really expressed a need to have one. Now they are a bloated luxury watch company resting on their designs from the past fueled by a very good marketing strategy. The last nail in the coffin to me was when Rolex wont commit to keeping parts for their older moments purposely making their older movements obsolete. That kinda kills the idea of being able to buy a Rolex and keeping it for a lifetime. My hope is a restructuring in the Rolex company to less invasive controlling practices and back to a more tool watch mentality of yesterday where the customer is their greatest concern instead of their marketing image.

Quote:

Old 10 November 2013, 02:17 AM   #46
Cc1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Sea...
Quote:

I seem to remember that Rolex recently patented another tropical/rubber band ~ so maybe we will see something in the nearer future. You never know...

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778
"Curmudgeons " Favorites: 1665 SD, Sub Date, DSSD, Exp II, Sub LV, GMTIIc
Cc1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2013, 02:23 AM   #47
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I bet they will, simply because alot of money can be made for Rolex. Thats a good incentive. It also will help out guys with worn out old brackets that dont want to spend $2k on another one and gives them a affordable oem alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cc1966 View Post
I seem to remember that Rolex recently patented another tropical/rubber band ~ so maybe we will see something in the nearer future. You never know...
Old 10 November 2013, 02:47 AM   #48
Touring
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
I totally get it and agree. Rolex is not a progressive company and that is becoming a big problem for me.... The rest of the higher end watch world moves at a different speed and actually listens to their customers needs. Rolex has a take it or leave it mentality and I cant accept that anymore. When I was younger, I thought that was kinda cool because Rolex was such a desired watch and they must know what their doing. Perhaps they were being even a bit of a maverick. I am sure many new owners here are at that exact same point I was. I was young and non watch educated and needed to get some perspective. After 20 years and discovering there is other higher end watches as good or better than Rolex, I find the Rolex business and attitude toward their customers obnoxious and out of touch. It is not the norm in the watch world but somehow Rolex owners accept it as part of the ownership experience now days. From how Rolex wants to control their watches post sale, to arbitrarily enforcing ridiculous practices at their service center. They always seem two steps behind. I think this is why Rolex has the old man stigma about them??? I have a love hate relationship with Rolex. I like their watches but hate the company and find them arrogant and uninspiring. Rolex was once a cutting edge company of design decades ago and made tough watch designs for real professional divers and athletes. This is when they actually listened to their customers and cared what they thought. That company would have had a rubber strap with their watches if their customers really expressed a need to have one. Now they are a bloated luxury watch company resting on their designs from the past fueled by a very good marketing strategy. The last nail in the coffin to me was when Rolex wont commit to keeping parts for their older moments purposely making their older movements obsolete. That kinda kills the idea of being able to buy a Rolex and keeping it for a lifetime. My hope is a restructuring in the Rolex company to less invasive controlling practices and back to a more tool watch mentality of yesterday where the customer is their greatest concern instead of their marketing image.
Great level-headed post! Completely agree.

I'm a bit surprised at some of the defensive posts in response to the OP's opinion. Obviously, there are aspects of the brand that we like - otherwise, we wouldn't be here. However, are there things that Rolex could offer or improve upon to address their customer base's needs? Of course!

I would love to see Rolex offer a rubber strap +/- a deployant. I recall reading somewhere that they filed a patent recently for a strap using the same polymer as the Everest, so maybe we'll see one soon.
Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2013, 03:19 AM   #49
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I bet they will, simply because alot of money can be made for Rolex. Thats a good incentive. It also will help out guys with worn out old brackets that dont want to spend $2k on another one and gives them a affordable oem alternative.
That depends. Consider if a Rolex rubber strap with deployment buckle costs $1K for SS and perhaps $5K for the gold model, and "affordable" is in the eye of the beholder.

The way Rolex would make money on these would be if they offered it OEM on a specific model Sub AND if the price of that watch was significantly less than the price when offered on a bracelet. Then they might sell more Subs by bringing the entry cost down to those that can no longer afford a Submariner at almost $10K with sales tax. Given Rolex's tack record, this is probably the only way rubber would become available. As far as I know, Rolex doesn't offer parts for sale that don't come as OEM equipment on one of their models.

One other thing. If rubber straps were produced by Rolex they would likely be tightly controlled much like LV bezel inserts, probably having to submit your "R" Sub when buying one. You won't see them for sale on a rack, hanging from hooks on the counter of your local AD. The last thing Rolex would want is a bunch of official Rolex straps being worn on other brand watches, particularly on counterfeit or look-a-like "tribute" Submariners.
Old 10 November 2013, 03:36 AM   #50
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
It is a valid point. Rolex has missed a marketing opportunity by not offering rubber.
We should be thankful they don't, it would be +$1,000 compared to a RubberB and we would be up all night trying to figure out how to get one

After all these years you all should know Rolex is not an accessory company.

Heck, you can't even walk into the RSC and by a Pepsi insert for your GMT without a rectal exam.....and turning in your old insert....
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2013, 03:39 AM   #51
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

I agree with the Op. I love my Rolex watches, but it'd be nice to have the variety of a rubber strap. Especially for models like the Sub and SD. This is one of the reasons I was attracted to Panerai and eventually added a couple to my modest collection. I enjoy the simplicity of changing straps and how some models come with an additional rubber strap.
Old 10 November 2013, 03:44 AM   #52
Survivor
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
DUDE....I am not look for any confrontation....I have tried to chill and ignore since my first post....BUT I guess people (SOME) are just getting me into.....(never mind)...

Look I would not have get a rubber B in the first place if I DONT KNOW or not happy at all with ROLEX options....Also as I said before....do you think ROLEX will even care even if we all complain about it???.....

AH...never mind...FORGET IT....Let's move on...
Good idea........all your pent up anger over Rolex not offering a Rubber Band should be directed to Rolex (they're easy to find......just look them up on the web) and not at the TRF members who don't share your view. You put your opinion out there in a thread........don't expect everyone to agree with your point of view, regardless of whether you are right, wrong or in between
Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2013, 05:16 AM   #53
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Yup and that is a strange problem. Omega and Panerai all make very high end rubber straps but are not so paranoid to worry if they are on knock off watches. Their straps are priced at such a high price point there are cheaper alternatives to the fake watch crowd. Now you have to wonder why Rolex is so neurotic about parts??? Are they really trying to protect the customer or just force bleed money from their customers post sales??? If they are all that, and makes such a superior product, there should be no worries that genuine OEM parts are in the independent watch makers shops. Rolex can and will never control forgeries so why be such a dictator at their customers expense to fight a loosing battle?? Its not going to ever happen and other companies have already accepted it as part of being a desired product. There are outstanding fakes of Rolex and Omega but the top of the line fakes are Panerai. Funny how the other companies don't regulate parts like Rolex does and yet they have just as much to loose. What is Rolex really afraid of that their competitors are not???

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
We should be thankful they don't, it would be +$1,000 compared to a RubberB and we would be up all night trying to figure out how to get one

After all these years you all should know Rolex is not an accessory company.

Heck, you can't even walk into the RSC and by a Pepsi insert for your GMT without a rectal exam.....and turning in your old insert....
Old 10 November 2013, 05:24 AM   #54
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
from the pictures i cant really see anyone topping rubber b or everest , ant their price is about right ,,, eye watering enough to be special , but still in reach , the endlink hirsch combo looks great . so unless rolex brought something very exciting to the party , in my eyes they have missed out.
after all , its just a rubber strap.
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2013, 08:54 AM   #55
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
AP do... unfortunately.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 04:08 PM   #56
Nidal
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC LV
Quote:
Yup and that is a strange problem. Omega and Panerai all make very high end rubber straps but are not so paranoid to worry if they are on knock off watches. Their straps are priced at such a high price point there are cheaper alternatives to the fake watch crowd. Now you have to wonder why Rolex is so neurotic about parts??? Are they really trying to protect the customer or just force bleed money from their customers post sales??? If they are all that, and makes such a superior product, there should be no worries that genuine OEM parts are in the independent watch makers shops. Rolex can and will never control forgeries so why be such a dictator at their customers expense to fight a loosing battle?? Its not going to ever happen and other companies have already accepted it as part of being a desired product. There are outstanding fakes of Rolex and Omega but the top of the line fakes are Panerai. Funny how the other companies don't regulate parts like Rolex does and yet they have just as much to loose. What is Rolex really afraid of that their competitors are not???
All I can say its like BMW. You can't hardly add any major parts or tweaks to it. With luxury goods there are no partial variants. They force you to buy another or a new one rather tweak what you have. My 2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nidal is offline   Reply With Quote