The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 27 July 2018, 01:51 AM   #31
mrricks
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
They offered me $2500.00 for an excellent condition 1680 Sub.

No thanks!
Old 27 July 2018, 02:25 AM   #32
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
I bought a watch from Bob's earlier this year and had no problems at all.

The watch that I bought was $200-$300 more expensive than I would have paid here, but I got to use my credit card rather than sending a wire and that gave me some peace of mind.

In the end, you'll get a legit watch from them - obviously the poster on the last page had an issue, but I think that's pretty rare.

I did try to sell them a watch and wasn't pleased with what they offered me. But, I didn't try to sell it anywhere else to know if I would have gotten anything more for it.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 12:42 AM   #33
Rolling Around
"TRF" Member

I understand that the watches are legitimate at BobsWatches but I'm more concerned about the links and clasps and all the individual pieces. Are those parts legitimate?
Rolling Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 02:28 AM   #34
grymg
"TRF" Member

Not sure about their expertise about the peripherals but I know they do inspect each movement because they checked my watch before making me an offer. If you are concerned I'd wait for a box and papers version of the watch you want to show up on their new arrivals page.
Old 31 October 2018, 09:37 AM   #35
Rolling Around
"TRF" Member

The issue I've had in the past is that sometimes the entirety of the watch is real but the links and clasps are not. I want to know if Bobswatches does this because they have a standard length when they sell all their watches. I don't want to buy a used watch that's overpriced and 20% fake.
Rolling Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 05:19 AM   #36
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Hi, first post here! On the advice in this thread, I looked through the classified section on the forum. Is there a way to figure out which members are regarded as trusted sellers?

Edit:
Ok I feel like an idiot haha. Further examination through this section shed a lot of light on this.

Last edited by Yoda_Eating_Pizza; 6 November 2018 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: sort of found the answer
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 04:45 AM   #37
RolexBarry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona and Sub
Bobs owner owns a 6 million dollar house in Southern Calif. He's doing quite well scamming the sellers and buyers!
RolexBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2019, 02:26 AM   #38
ping1
"TRF" Member

Bob's Watches offered 6500 for my 2013 sub. After receiving it, they offered 6100, saying it needed service (which they already knew) and polishing. I declined.
ping1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 11:07 PM   #39
Hpozzuoli
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would just bump this one.

I am in the market for a 16618. Doing a little web surfing and I see Bobs has a 2006 model available. Asking 27k. Where do they get these numbers from? 27k isn’t even in the right sport never mind the ballpark.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 01:17 AM   #40
Ozman
"TRF" Member

My experience with Bob's is similar to others. They low ball sellers and sell over priced to buyers. They are legitimate but would look elsewhere.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2020, 05:34 AM   #41
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
Yes they are legit but over priced.

Agreed with this. I’ve bought two DJs from them. Love them. Paid a premium for certainty and for the warranty and ability to return them as they were gifts. Bobs serves a good purpose for a particular type of purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2020, 12:25 AM   #42
hgb4529
"TRF" Member

Watch: RO, Nautilus, GMT
I'll vouch for Bob's (I have no relationship with them). I recently bought the best-priced Day-Date I have ever found from them. The customer service was absolutely excellent too! I'm a happy camper
hgb4529 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 03:13 PM   #43
socalsean
"TRF" Member

I got a quote from Bob's for my Datejust 16234 at not too great of price but I did not want to hassle with dealing with people I don't know. Went to their office in OC and they told me that the price will be lower because they need to service the watch, missing few links, etc. I told them that servicing/missing links (I am sure they have a plenty) are their cost of business and I decided to walk away. Eventually I sold the watch through Craigslist and got the higher price than Bob's lowball offer.
socalsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 11:16 PM   #44
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsean View Post
I got a quote from Bob's for my Datejust 16234 at not too great of price but I did not want to hassle with dealing with people I don't know. Went to their office in OC and they told me that the price will be lower because they need to service the watch, missing few links, etc. I told them that servicing/missing links (I am sure they have a plenty) are their cost of business and I decided to walk away. Eventually I sold the watch through Craigslist and got the higher price than Bob's lowball offer.
This is Bob's MO....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote