The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 5 February 2018, 03:19 PM   #1
Portland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Custom Horween strap for JLC Reverso from 922Leather (Spitz)

My first custom strap just arrived from Dr. Greg Spitz who owns 922Leather. I own straps from Camille Fournet, Franck Muller and Bulang and Sons to name a few and Dr. Spitz’ straps gives them all a run for their money. You’d be hard pressed to find a better Horween strap.

I had this one custom made for my Reverso Duo. I wanted something that worked with both the dressy side (silver) and the sporty side (slate grey). I landed on a Color #8 Horween Shell Cordovan with a soft textured black calfskin liner, matching stitch, and in 19mm lug tapering down to 16mm. The Color #8 Horween is a very hard color to find and is usually purchased exclusively by the Allen Edmonds Company to make their high end dress shoes and boots. Supposedly the formula to create this color has been developed by Horween over the past 100 years.

The end result is a stunning reddish brown strap that smells incredible and fits like a dream. And it will only look better with time. I currently have it on a RHD deployant and it is very comfortable. I can’t recommend 922Leather highly enough. Now for some eye candy!

Portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2018, 11:30 PM   #2
Michigan_State
"TRF" Member

Congrats! The final result looks great and really does work well with your JL‘s sporty and dressy sides. I think that a nice brown is the sweet spot and 19 to 16mm is a great taper. Enjoy the strap, it‘ll only get more beautiful from here on.
Michigan_State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 12:29 AM   #3
Portland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_State View Post
Congrats! The final result looks great and really does work well with your JL‘s sporty and dressy sides. I think that a nice brown is the sweet spot and 19 to 16mm is a great taper. Enjoy the strap, it‘ll only get more beautiful from here on.

Thanks Michigan_State. I agree :)
Portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 06:31 AM   #4
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Looks great, fellow JLC Duo owner! Will keep in mind for future reference!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote