The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 March 2018, 09:28 AM   #1
DanMdR
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP 36
Bracelet sizing help

New to the forum and first time Rolex owner. I just bought a new Explorer 214270 2 weeks ago. For reference I have a 6.75 wrist and like my watch pretty snug on my wrist. I had the AD take out 1 link from both sides at the time of sale. The micro adjust was on the middle position and this is all with the easy link closed.

Last week I had the micro adjust moved to the tightest position which helped a little, but I still want a tad tighter. As of today I have 4 links on the 6 o’clock side and 6 links on the 12 o’clock side, the micro adjust in its tightest setting, and the easy link closed. The entire clasp mechanism (not just the clasp buckle) is centered on my wrist and the watch case.

Any suggestions on how to take about a half links worth of space out without significantly altering the balance? Any combo of links removed and the micro adjust positions works as long as the easy link stays closed, as I do live where it can get pretty hot during the day, but cool at night. This photo shows the extra slack that I’m trying to get rid of. Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F9D7CC16-6F32-4045-B4AA-1F546B925330.jpeg (51.1 KB, 293 views)
DanMdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 09:49 AM   #2
liuk3
"TRF" Member

Have you tried taking one more link out and then setting the microadjustment on the loosest setting of the three positions?
Old 21 March 2018, 10:00 AM   #3
DanMdR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuk3 View Post
Have you tried taking one more link out and then setting the microadjustment on the loosest setting of the three positions?
I have not. Would you suggest talking a link from the 6 o’clock or 12 o’clock side? Right now I’m thinking 12 o’clock side given the fact I’d be letting the micro adjust out a little.
Old 21 March 2018, 10:58 AM   #4
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I don't see any slack in that particular photo...maybe it's the angle. That actually looks like a pretty good fit. Are you sure you need it tighter?

I would try the above suggestion from the 12 o'clock side. If that doesn't work, then you will need to source a half link from a sub-c bracelet. Ask your AD if he can order you one.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 11:11 AM   #5
DanMdR
"TRF" Member

Could I remove a link from 12 o’clock, and add the half link? I assume the half link would be hidden under the clasp buckle?
Old 21 March 2018, 11:21 AM   #6
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

I would start by taking a link out of 12 o’clock side and switching microadjust . If that doesn’t work, then agree ask your AD to order you a half link for around $90 I think. I have roughly same size wrist and I feel your pain- rougher for us small-wristed folk to find the optimal fit on the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 01:26 PM   #7
flv112
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuk3 View Post
X 2. A link is 10mm, Easy Link 5mm, and moving slots is + / - 3mm. Yup, try removing a link on the 12 o'clock side, then open the Easy Link and move the micro adjustments accordingly.
flv112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 06:28 AM   #8
DanMdR
"TRF" Member

Awesome! Thank you guys. I took out a link at 12 o’clock and moved the micro adjust to the loosest setting. Perfect fit now. Plus I still have the easy link for when it’s hot out. This also cured the mystery rattle that was coming from my bracelet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F8F8BA06-3726-4FDA-A172-C529ECF94B1A.jpeg (18.9 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpeg 601DACC8-B2B6-4D7C-A9D4-8BF394E75ED6.jpeg (23.1 KB, 95 views)
Old 22 March 2018, 06:35 AM   #9
Colin G
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 214270
Yes, the bracelet will rattle if you have the adjustable clasp set all the way in. Drove me nuts till I adjusted the band properly.
Colin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:19 AM   #10
DanMdR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin G View Post
Yes, the bracelet will rattle if you have the adjustable clasp set all the way in. Drove me nuts till I adjusted the band properly.
Never knew that. I’m glad I killed two birds with one stone!