The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 March 2018, 02:43 AM   #61
gttime
"TRF" Member

Having literally just bought the 126600 SD43 this is the update I was hoping the DSSD would get. I really want one.
gttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 02:55 AM   #62
teo
"TRF" Member

Original DSSD will worth more in future. Just look at kermit flat 4 VS non flat 4. True first version is always worth more.
teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 02:56 AM   #63
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

I think the thing about value dropping on the old is absolute rubbish, and with Watchfinder wanting £8,150 for a 2009 model I just don't see this being the case, the old style will be just as unique to some and let's face it 99% of people would have bet money that the DSSD would have been scraped altogether, I'll be keeping hold of my 2010 for sure
jaydav2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 02:57 AM   #64
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Is the new bracelet simply no longer tapered, or is it wider but still tapered? I can't tell.
Old 22 March 2018, 03:00 AM   #65
teo
"TRF" Member

For New deepsea they added in a crown print between the swiss made on dial. I prefer first version.
Old 22 March 2018, 03:02 AM   #66
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Is the new bracelet simply no longer tapered, or is it wider but still tapered? I can't tell.
will have to see it in the flesh, in pics i dont really see any difference. other than the dial print and font on the ring lock. it almost looks like a knock off lol
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 03:03 AM   #67
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

Yeah the font on the ring lock looks different to me well spotted
Old 22 March 2018, 03:05 AM   #68
lowmandfl
"TRF" Member

I'm torn, not totally sure how much of a difference the updates make. As others have said, my Deepsea is extremely comfortable with the diving extension removed, the original bracelet has never been an issue. I wish they would have altered something, because at a distance it looks the exact same, at least to me. New color, new text, something. This is just a version 1.5, not even a 2.0.

I'd like to know exactly how much wider the new bracelet is. 1mm really won't alter much in my opinion in terms of how it wears. If it was too big or top heavy for people before, I don't see that changing. Its a big, heavy diver, and you either like larger watches or you don't.

The new movement is cool, and a nice upgrade. Overall I'm happy with mine, and highly doubt there'd be any real reason for me to upgrade. For new buyers, I'd think new is "better" to some degree and probably more sought out at least initially.

Do you all think the new D-blue dial will remain a rarity, or will it go into regular production? I noticed they're certainly promoting the blue dial significantly more than the black on the website, which might be telling. Or maybe both versions of the new watch will be somewhat limited in production moving forward.
lowmandfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 03:19 AM   #69
00Seven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like the old bracelet. The first-gen DSSD is super comfortable for me.
00Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 03:21 AM   #70
teo
"TRF" Member

In Rolex world small differences make huge price different. The crown print between swiss made is the killer. Making it version 2.
Old 22 March 2018, 03:22 AM   #71
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Watch: Monaco
I prefer the older model. Will be looking for a cheap used one now.
Old 22 March 2018, 03:29 AM   #72
longimanus88
"TRF" Member

Might sound like a stupid question, but this update means the D-blue will probably still be available in June 2019, right?
That's my dream watch, but can't afford before I graduate from med school next summer (and was afraid it would be discontinued before...).
Btw, I got the opportunity to try it on and never felt anything wrong with the bracelet's width, nor with thickness.
Thx
longimanus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 03:35 AM   #73
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Awesome awesome, new lugs, movement, and bracelet
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 03:37 AM   #74
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by longimanus88 View Post
Might sound like a stupid question, but this update means the D-blue will probably still be available in June 2019, right?
That's my dream watch, but can't afford before I graduate from med school next summer (and was afraid it would be discontinued before...).
Btw, I got the opportunity to try it on and never felt anything wrong with the bracelet's width, nor with thickness.
Thx
Yes it will be as 126660 so it will have the wider bracelet and updated 3235 movement.

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 03:40 AM   #75
longimanus88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannis View Post
Yes it will be as 126660 so it will have the wider bracelet and updated 3235 movement.
Makes sense, thanks for your answer!!

So glad I don't have to worry about this anymore!!!

Just need to be patient, work hard and celebrate the start of residency with this beauty!!!
Old 22 March 2018, 03:42 AM   #76
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by longimanus88 View Post
and never felt anything wrong with the bracelet's width, nor with thickness.
Thx
same. I have one and it's as comfortable as anything else. Adding thickness too me would increase weight, which i never had a problem with. Seeing the raised vs uniform endlinks is the biggest difference (aside from movement), and that really doesn't concern me much and wouldn't factor in a decision to pick up one or the other
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 03:58 AM   #77
longimanus88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
same. I have one and it's as comfortable as anything else. Adding thickness too me would increase weight, which i never had a problem with. Seeing the raised vs uniform endlinks is the biggest difference (aside from movement), and that really doesn't concern me much and wouldn't factor in a decision to pick up one or the other
Surprisingly, it even wore better on my wrist compared to the much smaller SD 16600 (see attached pics). Conclusion: always try it on YOUR wrist, and don't trust what you read again and again about this supposedly "monster"...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-5100.JPG (99.4 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-5112.JPG (144.2 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-5126.JPG (165.1 KB, 332 views)
Old 22 March 2018, 04:00 AM   #78
Starter1
"TRF" Member

Watch: DeepSea 116660
The updated version will be sought out more. So a dip on the older 1 will be likely. Just common sense.
Starter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 04:03 AM   #79
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
I got the jc1 as soon as it was released when most were making fun of it...seaweed, etc... so no premium. I bought bc I love the new dial. I will definitely b keeping my first year jc1 for primarily two reasons....relatively short production run and tbh from the pics I've seen thus far, no drastic visual changes that I can tell. I'll have to see side by side comparisons of case and bracelet, but even then I'm definitely keeping my jc1 first production year. Also it was my son's birth year. Both are beautiful to me, but the original is where my heart is at.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 04:12 AM   #80
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

I dont think there will be any difference in thickness if you look it seems the sides taper and graduate slightly that would be my guess that it hugs the wrist a little better as a result
Old 22 March 2018, 04:21 AM   #81
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
I got the jc1 as soon as it was released when most were making fun of it...seaweed, etc... so no premium. I bought bc I love the new dial. I will definitely b keeping my first year jc1 for primarily two reasons....relatively short production run and tbh from the pics I've seen thus far, no drastic visual changes that I can tell. I'll have to see side by side comparisons of case and bracelet, but even then I'm definitely keeping my jc1 first production year. Also it was my son's birth year. Both are beautiful to me, but the original is where my heart is at.

The original is the black mk1, not a JC
Old 22 March 2018, 07:26 AM   #82
RFIgroup
"TRF" Member

Dblue JC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leewae91 View Post
It's imperfections that get valued later on, the JC1 will go up for sure
Exactly!
Values of Dblue JC 1 will be increasing over time.
RFIgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 07:32 AM   #83
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
GReat watch. All the people who were hoarding the old model can now sell them at a loss to buy the new one.
Sublovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 07:52 AM   #84
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
The original is the black mk1, not a JC
Since he referenced the JC earlier in his post, he most likely meant the original JC, not orig DSSD
WS9D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:08 AM   #85
skkali168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116689
New bracelet of the submariner 116610 was much better than the 16610 but prices still held for the old sub - don’t think old deep sea blue will tank at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
skkali168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:18 AM   #86
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Holy crap, I just ordered one. This is not good. Of course I want the new. I hope this doesn't get silly with my AD.
Oh, boy.....this could get ugly since the AD would rather sell you an old one (at MSRP?) than a new one which he can sell much easier.

When you say "order" what does that mean? How much money did you give them and what sort of written or verbal contract is there?

If the AD refuses to cancel the sale and give you your deposit back, then the question is what will happen when you refuse to take delivery of it and pay any balance.

Hopefully, you can tell the AD that you no longer want the watch and want a refund. Then when they balk at a refund you can compromise by saying that you will apply the money to a different watch if they can get it for you in the next 12 months.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:39 AM   #87
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
Since he referenced the JC earlier in his post, he most likely meant the original JC, not orig DSSD
Original jc indeed. :) that dial is what got me to like the dssd....along with its engineering and beastliness. :)

jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:50 AM   #88
psv
"TRF" Member

It was an unexpected move by Rolex, but I don't think this will affect the prices/attractiveness much of the D-Blue Mk I. Rolex collectors tend to cherrisk first gen pieces in the long run. Now, an argument could be made for the regular black dial Deepsea demand going down on used models...

It is to early to tell, I don't see the updates as drastic or taking away from the charm of the older D-Blue. I never had a problem with the tapered bracelet. I wonder how much the new gen will weigh? The old one was about 210 grams.

Oh well, it is all speculations at this time. If I owned a first gen D-Blue I'd be happy and just enjoy it.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:54 AM   #89
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

I’m still in awe. I can not wait to pick this up at my AD. I feel like a kid being this excited
vinny84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 09:11 AM   #90
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
Oh, boy.....this could get ugly since the AD would rather sell you an old one (at MSRP?) than a new one which he can sell much easier.

When you say "order" what does that mean? How much money did you give them and what sort of written or verbal contract is there?

If the AD refuses to cancel the sale and give you your deposit back, then the question is what will happen when you refuse to take delivery of it and pay any balance.

Hopefully, you can tell the AD that you no longer want the watch and want a refund. Then when they balk at a refund you can compromise by saying that you will apply the money to a different watch if they can get it for you in the next 12 months.
Long story short, they were super nice and changed my order to the new one. I have a decent relationship with them. They told me in roundabout way that Rolex will first ship out all remaining old stock and then the new ones. They don't expect to see one until Sept-ish, maybe sooner or it may just show up in two month-ish like my original order. Who knows how many "old" ones are still left at Rolex or if they've all been sent out or if they just halt and start with the new ones.

They said I would get the first one in, It is already paid in full.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote