The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30 November 2017, 11:36 PM   #841
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Back to bitcoin: interesting read here.
I’m too chicken to get in.

This article makes me feel better about that.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 2 December 2017, 02:31 AM   #842
armen34
"TRF" Member

Was yesterday the actual exhaustion gap up?

Buy the rumor sell the news kinda day!
Old 2 December 2017, 03:43 AM   #843
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by armen34 View Post
Was yesterday the actual exhaustion gap up?

Buy the rumor sell the news kinda day!
Based on what is happening today, trying to time anything is futile and dangerous.

Plan your strategy based on a longer window.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 2 December 2017, 08:18 AM   #844
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
i am into LTC for a bit now.

otherwise cash and real estate. not too concerned. stock market will correct and ive got the funds to actually buy in.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 28 December 2017, 03:53 AM   #845
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Icon7 HRTX in the News

✦ Heron Therapeutics To Take Flight In 2018
✦ Heron Therapeutics, Inc. is trading above its 50 day moving average HRTX-US: December 20, 2017
✦ Heron Therapeutics Earns Relative Strength Rating Upgrade; Hits Key Benchmark

https://seekingalpha.com/article/412...ke-flight-2018

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/dae3a15d...C-inc.-is.html

-✦- A stock to research, track and buy if the spirit moves you. Happy Investing in 2018 and may Lady Luck be by your side!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 28 December 2017, 08:14 AM   #846
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
not a fan of biotechs as a long pos. as a short pos very nice.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 28 December 2017, 08:04 PM   #847
Emptywrist
"TRF" Member

I just put everything into vanguard ls80 and upped my AVC's, is there a better way for beginners?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Old 3 January 2018, 09:31 AM   #848
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
Happy New Year!

Markets starting 2018 off right.

From cryptos to MJX, this is going to be an interesting year!
Old 3 January 2018, 11:50 AM   #849
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
can anyone provide some input about EIX. I'm down like 7% from almost 30 grand. I bought it when the fires were in CA but it's not picking up yet...
Old 3 January 2018, 12:39 PM   #850
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
I’m pretty boring, but whatever... cryptos are a hard pass for me, chasing 500% gains and the total loss of capital is a real possibility. Ripple is worth more than Netflix, really? The founder of Litecoin sold 100% of his holdings, that should be a red flag, but apparently it isn’t. For me, I avoid completely, put me in the bubble camp and the burst will be painful. I’m not in the mood to argue it, just my humble opinion.

Anyways, I’m aggressively into 3 major holdings and couldn’t be happier with what they’ve done for me in the last year. As mentioned, they’re boring:

JPM: looser regulations, hot economy, rising rates, tax breaks - what isn’t to like about banks? I think 3 of the big 4 are interchangeable, but C has a huge tax burden so they’d be at the bottom of my list. I flip flopped on BAC & JPM, either or... Passed on WFC bc I think rising rates might hurt the housing market and their mortgage business is much larger than the other two.

COP: Oil bottomed, the lack of investment for the last few years could continue to put upward pressure on price... Furthermore, they’re a huge beneficiary of tax breaks.

AAPL: Don’t think this one even needs an explanation.

We’re overdue for a correction, like 5-10%... im very comfortable sitting on these 3 when it happens.
Old 5 January 2018, 02:31 AM   #851
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
JPM: looser regulations, hot economy, rising rates, tax breaks - what isn’t to like about banks? I think 3 of the big 4 are interchangeable, but C has a huge tax burden so they’d be at the bottom of my list. I flip flopped on BAC & JPM, either or... Passed on WFC bc I think rising rates might hurt the housing market and their mortgage business is much larger than the other two.

COP: Oil bottomed, the lack of investment for the last few years could continue to put upward pressure on price... Furthermore, they’re a huge beneficiary of tax breaks.

AAPL: Don’t think this one even needs an explanation.

We’re overdue for a correction, like 5-10%... im very comfortable sitting on these 3 when it happens.
JPM is fine, WFC still has too many issues, I believe there will be more bad news to surface

Not touching the energy space right now

AAPL is a long term hold, would buy more on any dip over 15%
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 5 January 2018, 03:48 AM   #852
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
JPM is fine, WFC still has too many issues, I believe there will be more bad news to surface

Not touching the energy space right now

AAPL is a long term hold, would buy more on any dip over 15%
Tailwinds at JPM's back, I think $125 is attainable this year, and honestly, if it gets to $130, I wouldn't be shocked.

I picked up COP heavily a month ago (I dipped my toes in starting in 2016, I dove in much heavier last month, although I wish I had sooner... Nonetheless, I'll never complain about a winner.) after researching tax beneficiaries (I had already done the commodities DD). Heavily upped position at $51, crossed $57 today - I might shed just a little and rotate more into JPM, but needless to say, I'm F'ing ecstatic about their 1 month performance.
Old 5 January 2018, 04:11 AM   #853
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

The only JPM caveat I would like to note:

They're blowing away from their moving averages, and while I don't invest heavily on technicals, they are certainly something that has to be paid attention to. I think they cool off for a little and let the 50 day catch up... UNLESS, they blow their Q4 out and deliver incredible guidance (which I don't expect, as they've already forewarned trading revenues were down 15% in Q4). However, if they do blow it out, this turns into a rocket ship, IMO.

Old 10 January 2018, 03:37 AM   #854
BNA/LION

Icon20 Heron Therapeutics to Present at the 36th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference

https://herontherapeutics.gcs-web.co...4-ebc521f83b05
More Positive News for HRTX & HTX-011.

Related News: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/want-...113907044.html

There is a lot of chatter on the investment boards about a possible buy out in Mid-2018. If the results of the latest phase3 clinical studies for HTX-011 are positive the company will look very attractive to other big pharma companies in the pain management arena... Only time will tell. Do your research and Best of Luck!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 11 January 2018, 07:12 AM   #855
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Earnings kicking off Friday... I've got a ton of skin in the game with JPM.

Also reporting before the bell; WFC, BLK, & PNC.

JPM warned us of a $2B tax hit forthcoming, wondering how badly that impacts their EPS and how forgiving the market will be to this one time expense... If they sell on it, I think buying the dip is the play.
Old 11 January 2018, 07:21 AM   #856
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
This might sound crazy but I put a very small piece into SLV today. The old bitcoins
Old 12 January 2018, 07:04 AM   #857
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Think we see selling on JPM tomorrow, I'm a holder for the time being unless I see something drastic change on a macro-level, but I'm concerned tomorrow will be an unpleasant day after earnings.

They closed today 10 cents off their all-time high, which I should be celebrating, but I can't locate any data that shows me how stocks react when reporting earnings and at all-time highs...

If anyone has any data on this, I'd be curious to give it a read.
Old 12 January 2018, 07:27 AM   #858
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Back in VLO. Going to hang out here a while and wait for LUV to decide where's it's going to go over the next few weeks.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 12 January 2018, 08:29 AM   #859
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Oh, & COP, wow, I just can't believe what this has done for me in the last month.
Old 12 January 2018, 10:07 AM   #860
armen34
"TRF" Member

Looks like there is more room to run, but have your stops tight for traders as the market may be getting a bit toppy.
Old 12 January 2018, 11:18 AM   #861
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
Quote:
Plan your strategy based on a longer window.
Precisely.
Old 18 January 2018, 07:53 AM   #862
BNA/LION

Icon7 Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

(HRTX) Heron Therapeutics breaks through and Closes over $22 per share at 22.10

HRTX is UP +22.10% Year-to-Date

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/hrtx/historical

Happy Trading!
Attached Images
File Type: png HRTX3.png (15.1 KB, 215 views)
File Type: png HRTX2.png (10.4 KB, 215 views)

Old 18 January 2018, 09:11 AM   #863
Rb10chris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Oh, & COP, wow, I just can't believe what this has done for me in the last month.
Energy plays have been great in 2018. Check out XOM, on the verge of breaking out from a multi-year trendline.
Old 20 January 2018, 01:56 AM   #864
glenn_herwig
"TRF" Member

Thought I would give an update on my first year trying to trade more frequently and make a profit. Well to put it shortly I broke even exactly. Made a few silly moves such as selling nvidia at $97 and selling Walmart at $73. I also shorted aapl and didn’t close the position when it fell back in the early summer. So I still have some learning to do. Contemplating just sticking the money in an index fund but still very concerned about these pricey stocks. Even though I broke even I’m still pretty pleased with my results. I guess the strategy I was going after is one used by hedge funds called a market neutral strategy which try to stay simply neutral in up markets but profit in declining markets. Maybe I’m in over my head...

Jaeger Le Coultre Grande Date 240.8.15

Instagram: @select.timepieces
Old 20 January 2018, 03:04 AM   #865
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_herwig View Post
Thought I would give an update on my first year trying to trade more frequently and make a profit. Well to put it shortly I broke even exactly. Made a few silly moves such as selling nvidia at $97 and selling Walmart at $73. I also shorted aapl and didn’t close the position when it fell back in the early summer. So I still have some learning to do. Contemplating just sticking the money in an index fund but still very concerned about these pricey stocks. Even though I broke even I’m still pretty pleased with my results. I guess the strategy I was going after is one used by hedge funds called a market neutral strategy which try to stay simply neutral in up markets but profit in declining markets. Maybe I’m in over my head...
It is always easy to second guess yourself.

Why did you buy those stocks?
Why did you sell?

What are your goals?
What is your time horizon?

Finally, trying to emulate a hedge fund is a surefire way to go broke.
Old 20 January 2018, 03:27 AM   #866
JasonBetts
"TRF" Member

Just read the news GOOG inked a deal with TCEHY (wechat, Chinese equivalent of Whatsapp) to cross use patents. Maybe as GOOG’s entry ticket to China market. Sent TCEHY’s up almost 2% but GOOG was shaky. So who do you think is the winner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 20 January 2018, 03:29 AM   #867
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBetts View Post
Just read the news GOOG inked a deal with TCEHY (wechat, Chinese equivalent of Whatsapp) to cross use patents. Maybe as GOOG’s entry ticket to China market. Sent TCEHY’s up almost 2% but GOOG was shaky. So who do you think is the winner?

I do not trust any Chinese company since their reporting of numbers is always suspect with no oversight.

Possibly a long term plus for Google but at this point it is so small that it should have no impact on the price.
Old 20 January 2018, 06:36 AM   #868
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
I do not trust any Chinese company since their reporting of numbers is always suspect with no oversight.

Possibly a long term plus for Google but at this point it is so small that it should have no impact on the price.
This. I spent many years in HK working on mainland IPOs. The accountants, big four, will literally do whatever the client wants as long as they sign a rep letter. No dd at all.
Old 20 January 2018, 11:03 AM   #869
JasonBetts
"TRF" Member

What about those chinese companies listing in the US like BABA, TCEHY? Do you think they will be that easy to play books?

Old 20 January 2018, 12:22 PM   #870
ncsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamscott View Post
I didn't see a thread of this kind. I assume most of us dabble in the stock market and thought this would be a nice conversation thread.I thought it would be kind of neat to start a thread that would get all the investors together and share stock ideas.

I'm vested heavily in BAC right now.

BAC has done very well for me. I bought it around the same time that Warren Buffett purchased a lot of it.
Closed Thread