The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 August 2014, 02:54 AM   #1
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Conversion from hoarding all brands to Patek

Some might know me from here or other forum but at the end my landmark its been impulsive buying until now. It might be interesting for some and it might be boring for others but here it is. I always say "Ignorance is a bliss" and it reflects in various situations in life but in watches is even more evident.
I went crazy and bought as many iconic watches from different as I could, but soon enough I discovered a few of things:
1) The week has 7 days, and to truly enjoy your watches is better to have 3-4 watches that you truly love than 20 watches (sorry 19). Because of those many watches you will wear your favorites little or you end up not wearing a lot of them.
2) As much as I want them to be all keepers, I flip them and when you flip you loose $$$$$. Isn't better to enjoy them and loose as little as possible ? hell yeah!! whats the Formula : Patek and Rolex. Yes that's the prescription my doc gave me Of course we are allow to deviate a little bit from that prescription: AP and Lange would be the other 2 brands that I would advise that we could.

3) You can be more careless of what you buy on watches under 25k, and think twice in watches above 25k. That's more like a personal rule , because we don't all have the same budget.

4) I should of buy a Datograph when I could

I had so many watches so many brands, from Low end like :Laco, Ball, Tags, Bremont, Omegas, to Middle JLC, Rolex, Pan, Breitling to HIGH end like Lange Pateks, AP, UN. But instead of boring you with all my flips, I will mention 4 stages on this 2 years :

1) 19 watches stage
2) 10 watches stage
3) went back up to 13 watches
4) 3 watches stage (current)

1)19 watches Stage: This is where I tried to have as many iconic as possible.

19photo.jpg

Image 7.jpg

2) 10 watches stage: I went for less but better pieces.

Collection.JPG

3) Went back up to 13 watches: I added the Lange TimeZone, Black Toro UN and the VC Chrono Overseas

13.jpg

4) 3 Watches Stage :Finally I came to the realization that I don't need that many:

3photo.jpg

I will add more pics....and remember Less is better

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote