The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 29 October 2021, 12:26 PM   #61
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Not the same because its not a rolex. But the Seiko h558 was the watch that started it all for me and I got the reissue, but that made me want the original. I have small wrists and the H558 is substantially thinner and somewhat smaller and wears better for a daily as it stands out less.

Now, im a bit superstitious and so feel strange wearing someone else watch and legacy, but rationalized that well, its serviced and clean, so a fresh start....so let me dip my foot in the vintage pool.

Lat week, sourced one from Europe in great condition. I wore it for a day-no several hours realy, noticed the crown getting harder and harder to turn. It eventually ceased popping out to the point where it could not be set. Now Im not sending it back to Europe, but off for a repair already at IWW. Been thinking about getting one for like a year and a half, finally get a vintage watch, and have an issue. As for regret....Lets see how it comes back and holds up. To be continued....
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2021, 03:28 PM   #62
Pouakai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
My regrets are more about what's absent:

- Selling my excellent 5512. What the **** was I thinking?

- Not buying that mint Omega Seamaster 300 at 7 grand about five years ago after the dealer was nice enough to lend me it for a day to try it out

- Not buying that Big Red Daytona from Jacek for 16 grand many years ago

But there's much more in the positive column, so the balance is good. :-)
Oh yea vintage all the way. The hunt, the research, the highs, the lows, its all part of the hobby. Have been burned by "trust the seller" after not doing the research and pleasantly surprised at some ebay finds once armed with knowledge.

My biggest regret is buying a brand new Omega Aqua Terra for 3k Australian at a time when I could've gotten a Sub for the same money!

Also remember seeing a 60's Heuer Carrera for $1600 and going nah. They are now my favourite watches.
Pouakai is offline   Reply With Quote