The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 24 May 2020, 01:10 AM   #1
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

FS Rolex 6105 'Ovettone' - 'Big Bubbleback', 857,XXX circa 1953, unrestored, $3,995

On offer is this rather scarce Rolex steel and gold 'Ovettone' or, otherwise known as the 'Big Bubbleback' - the precursor to the Rolex Datejust. This original condition watch is 35mm in diameter (not counting the gold 'Super-Oyster' crown) and is in excellent overall shape for a watch that is 67 years old! The factory original dial is in excellent condition and is complimented by the beautiful gold sword hands and the very cool triangular shaped markers! The A296 auto movement is running well, keeps good time and has a good power reserve. I do not know the service history of this movement and I would highly recommend having it serviced if you plan on wearing it on a regular basis. I believe that the domed acrylic crystal is original to the watch. Overall, a super nice 'Ovettone' in original condition that will be fitted with a new, custom high-grade German made calf strap. $3,995 (net) plus actual shipping and insurance charges. E-mail me at: mr_shui@hotmail.com and I will answer any questions in a prompt manner. I have numerous references from this forum and other forums since 1987. Thanks TRF for the space and thank you for reading this ad!

Valle de Joux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 06:00 PM   #2
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Up
Old 2 June 2020, 06:07 AM   #3
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Up
Old 6 June 2020, 06:58 AM   #4
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Up
Old 9 June 2020, 05:01 AM   #5
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle de Joux View Post
On offer is this rather scarce Rolex steel and gold 'Ovettone' or, otherwise known as the 'Big Bubbleback' - the precursor to the Rolex Datejust. This original condition watch is 35mm in diameter (not counting the gold 'Super-Oyster' crown) and is in excellent overall shape for a watch that is 67 years old! The factory original dial is in excellent condition and is complimented by the beautiful gold sword hands and the very cool triangular shaped markers! The A296 auto movement is running well, keeps good time and has a good power reserve. I do not know the service history of this movement and I would highly recommend having it serviced if you plan on wearing it on a regular basis. I believe that the domed acrylic crystal is original to the watch. Overall, a super nice 'Ovettone' in original condition that will be fitted with a new, custom high-grade German made calf strap. $3,995 (net) plus actual shipping and insurance charges. E-mail me at: mr_shui@hotmail.com and I will answer any questions in a prompt manner. I have numerous references from this forum and other forums since 1987. Thanks TRF for the space and thank you for reading this ad!

Up
Old 13 June 2020, 04:23 AM   #6
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 11 July 2020, 02:50 AM   #7
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Up
Old 26 August 2020, 02:09 AM   #8
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 3 September 2020, 02:43 AM   #9
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 5 September 2020, 03:45 AM   #10
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 16 September 2020, 03:59 AM   #11
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 30 September 2020, 12:42 AM   #12
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 7 October 2020, 05:45 AM   #13
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 9 October 2020, 04:19 AM   #14
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 15 October 2020, 03:21 AM   #15
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 21 October 2020, 05:21 AM   #16
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Up
Old 24 October 2020, 06:01 AM   #17
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 28 October 2020, 04:33 AM   #18
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Bump
Old 30 October 2020, 03:45 AM   #19
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 1 November 2020, 04:54 AM   #20
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 12 November 2020, 05:41 AM   #21
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Up
Old 20 November 2020, 05:55 AM   #22
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Bump
Old 23 March 2021, 04:39 AM   #23
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Bump!