The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 19 June 2019, 07:34 AM   #61
FTX I
"TRF" Member

edit. a bit too much. I'm not in the bar lol
Old 19 June 2019, 12:39 PM   #62
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
My wife always tells me to whiten my teeth, and I tell her "I'm keeping it real." Then I point out celebrities like Keanu Reeves or Johnny Depp.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 19 June 2019, 12:55 PM   #63
Dyim
"TRF" Member

Almost 3 year old thread.

Wonder if OP went for it.
Old 19 June 2019, 02:06 PM   #64
Stillwater702
"TRF" Member

07C8CB4D-5098-4608-930E-0C900C89DDD4.jpeg

32B9C3CF-495A-489B-9A91-2C4999B8FC40.jpeg

F084C8B4-CC0B-407A-8B0F-DEBC246EC6E7.jpeg

6F078C33-F80D-423A-AF17-22A8FD844CB5.jpeg

I wonder too if the OP did it. Looks like he’s from LA so having the so-called Hollywood smile is common there. Here’s some pics from the Internet. Pics like these are what got me curious about this procedure. Although I understand the concerns many have about it. Tough decision indeed. Hopefully the OP reports back to give us an update.
Old 19 June 2019, 03:57 PM   #65
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
I’d be interested to hear any suggestions solid recommendations as well. My dentist gave me a custom tray a few years ago, along with a tube of at home whitening gel every visit. I’ve seen very minimal results and it’s probably more of a placebo effect. I’m tempted to try the in office whitening. My dentist offers the Glo whitening system. Not sure if I want to drop $499 on it, unless they can guarantee some good results. I think there is an at home version for $399.
We use Glo in my office and have had a lot of good results. We've tried most whitening systems and Glo is the best we have used.
Old 19 June 2019, 08:03 PM   #66
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHorton View Post
We use Glo in my office and have had a lot of good results. We've tried most whitening systems and Glo is the best we have used.
Good to know. What kind of results do you see?

Come to think of it, my dentist may use Zoom. Do you know anything about Zoom?
Old 19 June 2019, 10:36 PM   #67
lhanddds
Banned

Watch: of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieBT View Post
I'm a general dentist.... First off, I think it's funny that this is on a watch forum, but here it goes. If it really bothers you, then it's worth it. Only you can make that decision.
But if you have straight teeth and just want the Hollywood smile, keep in mind the potential maintenance and risks that might come with it. Veneers, in some cases, can be done without removing enamel or dentin, but that's not the norm. If they have to remove tooth structure you are 100% committed to these veneers for the rest of your time. If one does chip, you'll have to replace it, if your gums recede, you might see the margin of the veneer and need to redo them. To redo them they almost always need to remove more tooth structure by refining the prep. If you grind your teeth the chance of chipping increases. To help minimize that risk you'll probably need a bite splint to wear at night to protect them from chipping ( another fee that will have to be redone on avg of every 10 yrs or less).
Basically my opinion is that if your teeth are in good shape and not severely malformed or malposed, I would not encourage you to do it. You're potentially opening an expensive can of worms for a 5% improvement. I'm sure a cosmetic dentist would push it, and if you want that 5-10% cosmetic improvement then by all means. But realize it might come with some strings attached: maintenance costs, chipping, debonding, recession, decay, etc.
I'll second this. If you are getting an opinion from a "cosmetic dentist" (by the way there is no such speciality), you can bet he's being biased. Also, I don't see the need to be put asleep unless you are fearful. If you are committed to having this done, you might consider full crowns. The esthetic result will last longer and I don't charge any more. Make sure to get solid referrals from friends and don't pay any attention to large yellow page ads or magazines. There are various invitation only academies that dentists belong to that show we've paid our dues. You might ask the dentist about that. Unfortunately, there are some big advertisers who really butcher people. I hope you have a long time relationship with someone you trust.
Old 22 June 2019, 05:24 AM   #68
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
I'm not a dentist or orthodontist, but as someone whose father paid for 3yrs of braces, I have learned to appreciate my own chompers. Not that my teeth are jacked-up, not by any means, but it's what makes us unique as humans. Why do you really want a row of Chicklets? To look like some doofus actor? I'm not telling you how to spend your money, but I'd be hard-pressed to get veneers unless there was some kind of major accident in which my teeth were knocked out.
Old 22 June 2019, 06:08 AM   #69
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanddds View Post
I'll second this. If you are getting an opinion from a "cosmetic dentist" (by the way there is no such speciality), you can bet he's being biased. Also, I don't see the need to be put asleep unless you are fearful. If you are committed to having this done, you might consider full crowns. The esthetic result will last longer and I don't charge any more. Make sure to get solid referrals from friends and don't pay any attention to large yellow page ads or magazines. There are various invitation only academies that dentists belong to that show we've paid our dues. You might ask the dentist about that. Unfortunately, there are some big advertisers who really butcher people. I hope you have a long time relationship with someone you trust.
Read this carefully. Very wise. I agree.
Old 23 June 2019, 06:45 AM   #70
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

Everyone is different, and at the end of the day it’s your decision, your dentist shouldn’t tell you what to do, just give you the options.

As a broad general rule though, if you don’t like the colour, try whitening first. If you don’t like the shape, look into Composite restorations to change the shape and size of the tooth. Veneers are destructive to the tooth. Not that I wouldn’t say they don’t have their place, but in many cases I would say save your money and looks into less destructive and cheaper options before veneers.

Good luck
Old 23 June 2019, 06:54 AM   #71
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
I say if your teeth are all jacked up or you want a better smile, you are self conscious of your teeth, have the money and it will make you feel better to have a killer smile... Go for it!

Whitening -------> https://www.opalescence.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

Just got the new toothpaste they make now too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg White Teeth.jpg (69.1 KB, 115 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 23 June 2019, 08:29 AM   #72
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
I say if your teeth are all jacked up or you want a better smile, you are self conscious of your teeth, have the money and it will make you feel better to have a killer smile... Go for it!

Whitening -------> https://www.opalescence.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

Just got the new toothpaste they make now too...
Opalescence is a great product that works well and is safe for your teeth.
Old 23 June 2019, 09:31 AM   #73
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Had to google it. I thought you meant STD when I read the title lol.
One of the best posts in a long time

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 23 June 2019, 09:32 AM   #74
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
perfect-smile-teeth-reviews.jpg

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 23 June 2019, 09:43 AM   #75
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Opalescence is a great product that works well and is safe for your teeth.
I picked up a whitening kit at my dentist this morning. Opalescence PF mint 35% concentration. I used it today and already seeing results
Old 23 June 2019, 10:01 AM   #76
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

Big difference between shades and structural

Your smile makes a difference

People who take care of their teeth take care of the rest of themselves

“Trust Me I’m A Doctor”
Old 23 August 2021, 09:12 PM   #77
ferngourley
Banned

very interesting information indeed,I think more realistic looking teeth should be made.
Old 23 August 2021, 10:15 PM   #78
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
My nephew has them. Looks like a cartoon character when he smiles. Actually I think my sister has them too

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 23 August 2021, 10:47 PM   #79
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
This threads so old the OP is in dentures by now…..
Closed Thread