The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 May 2019, 06:04 AM   #31
SearChart
TechXpert

The universe is so unfathomably large, surely there is / has been life on other planets, maybe intelligent.

Ever seen the picture "pale blue dot" from one of the voyager spacecrafts? A picture of earth taken from 6 billion kilometres away, nothing more than a minuscule blue spec in the sky. And 6 billion KM is pretty much nothing in the scale of the universe, or even in our own galaxy.

So saying that extraterrestrial intelligent life visited earth
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 06:11 AM   #32
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Anyone with the technology to warp space-time should have the technology to pinpoint attractive tourist destinations.
Good point.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 06:15 AM   #33
stockae92
"TRF" Member

UFO means the Flying Object is yet Identified, it doesn't mean its from outer space. That's one of the possibilities, but not the only possibility. :)
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 06:44 AM   #34
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Anyone with the technology to warp space-time should have the technology to pinpoint attractive tourist destinations.
you’ve gotta stop, or I’m sending you my dry cleaning bill
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 07:14 AM   #35
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwer View Post
I actually am of the opinion that it's best we don't make contact with any civilizations outside of our own. Like you say, we don't know whether it's malevolence or benevolence that we would be encountering.

Any life form that could travel hundreds of light years in a day's time to reach Earth would have no shortage of technology to wipe us out if they desire.
Completely agree, if there is a civilization with the technology to do that then they would surely have the capability to eliminate the human race from existence if they so desired. Let’s hope they are benevolent.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 07:31 AM   #36
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Wouldnt be good to meet them just yet......

https://anonhq.com/professor-stephen...-make-contact/
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:05 AM   #37
TheVTCGuy
Banned

I just remembered something that happened to me that might be applicable to this subject. When I was a young Navy Fighter pilot, (which was a LONG time ago) I was flying a training mission out of Nellis in a Nevada bombing range. It was near Groom Lake (sound familiar?). I was at Angels 30, (30,000 ft) and my APG 65 Radar (which is an antique compared to today’s aircraft) reported intermittent contact about 10,000 feet above me. No IFF. It would pop up, I got a warning, then disappear, then pop up again. I spoke with ATC and this is kind of how the conversation went.

Me: “Desert Center, Charger 204, I’ve got Gadget (radar contact) with a Bogey 12:00, 20 miles.”

Air Traffic Control: “No you don't”

Me: “Uh... Afirm, Gadget-“

Air Traffic Control: “Charger 204 you have negative Gadget, turn heading 150 descend and maintain.....”

Me: (Thinking) “Aha!!!!”

My guess? It was a 117, this was before they were announced to the world. My guess on these UFOs is they are (possibly) classified military aircraft. We may never know.
Old 4 May 2019, 11:08 AM   #38
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
If I was smart and advanced enough to travel through space quickly I wouldnt bother with this planet.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:09 AM   #39
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Albeit interesting this thread is way out of my inner space.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:17 AM   #40
evsnow
"TRF" Member

There are some interesting things that are being worked on within the aerospace and defense space. My guess is a lot of these events are related to this.
evsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:20 AM   #41
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I just remembered something that happened to me that might be applicable to this subject. When I was a young Navy Fighter pilot, (which was a LONG time ago) I was flying a training mission out of Nellis in a Nevada bombing range. It was near Groom Lake (sound familiar?). I was at Angels 30, (30,000 ft) and my APG 65 Radar (which is an antique compared to today’s aircraft) reported intermittent contact about 10,000 feet above me. No IFF. It would pop up, I got a warning, then disappear, then pop up again. I spoke with ATC and this is kind of how the conversation went.

Me: “Desert Center, Charger 204, I’ve got Gadget (radar contact) with a Bogey 12:00, 20 miles.”

Air Traffic Control: “No you don't”

Me: “Uh... Afirm, Gadget-“

Air Traffic Control: “Charger 204 you have negative Gadget, turn heading 150 descend and maintain.....”

Me: (Thinking) “Aha!!!!”

My guess? It was a 117, this was before they were announced to the world. My guess on these UFOs is they are (possibly) classified military aircraft. We may never know.
The SR-17 Blackbird, the fastest air breathing manned jet, was designed in the early 1960's by a bunch of guys with slide rules. Think what the spy planes they are designing now, with AI computing, can be capable of. It would be like showing your iPhone to someone who has only seen landlines.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 11:29 AM   #42
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
The SR-17 Blackbird, the fastest air breathing manned jet, was designed in the early 1960's by a bunch of guys with slide rules. Think what the spy planes they are designing now, with AI computing, can be capable of. It would be like showing your iPhone to someone who has only seen landlines.
Completely agree, the 35 is light years (pardon the pun) advanced from my Hornet, who knows what is being produced now that the public is unaware of.

PS I wonder if it was a Blackbird? It was subsonic, about .85 if I remember correctly.
Old 4 May 2019, 11:34 AM   #43
evsnow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Completely agree, the 35 is light years (pardon the pun) advanced from my Hornet, who knows what is being produced now that the public is unaware of.

PS I wonder if it was a Blackbird? It was subsonic, about .85 if I remember correctly.
And the 35 is almost a 20 year old design at this point...
Old 4 May 2019, 11:37 AM   #44
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
I see you Paul and yes I was flying above you that day in the Nevada desert.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 01:37 PM   #45
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
I never fully understand the logic of area 51.....everybody knows its there.....no gates no guards on the road in.....just a small sign warning deadly force etc.....if you were going 50 mph and blinked you could miss the sign. They dont want anybody wondering in but have all this info showing where it is how to get there etc. My point is if its so secret why all movies .....shows.....specials advertising it...but you could be shot if you cross over this "line" in the desert. If they want to keep it secret build a fence and setup guard shacks etc...and dont let anybody 50 miles from it.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 01:41 PM   #46
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
I never fully understand the logic of area 51.....everybody knows its there.....no gates no guards on the road in.....just a small sign warning deadly force etc.....if you were going 50 mph and blinked you could miss the sign. They dont want anybody wondering in but have all this info showing where it is how to get there etc. My point is if its so secret why all movies .....shows.....specials advertising it...but you could be shot if you cross over this "line" in the desert. If they want to keep it secret build a fence and setup guard shacks etc...and dont let anybody 50 miles from it.
Hiding in plain sight comes to mind. JAT
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 01:53 PM   #47
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
265,000 galaxies in this one shot of a very small section of the night sky from Hubble. Your perpective will change as you zoom in from different spots. But all these dots of light are galaxies, not stars. (Deep sky project).

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/215519

So surely something is out there somewhere, or it's a pretty big waste of space.

As to UFO's, they are just that..Unidentified. My guess is the vast majority are military, atmospheric phenomena. But if the evidence ever presented itself, I have an open mind.
Old 4 May 2019, 02:12 PM   #48
evsnow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is a lot further from the gate to anything of actual (visible) interest than you would realize. The Nevada basins & ranges are huge and these distances act as their own “fence”. There are many other restricted airspace / test ranges in the area as well with restricted airspace corridors linking them to other test areas in CA and the Pacific Ocean. Lots of ways to keep things out of the public eye.
Old 4 May 2019, 02:22 PM   #49
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by evsnow View Post
It is a lot further from the gate to anything of actual (visible) interest than you would realize. The Nevada basins & ranges are huge and these distances act as their own “fence”. There are many other restricted airspace / test ranges in the areaavk as well with restricted airspace corridors linking them to other test areas in CA and the Pacific Ocean. Lots of ways to keep things out of the public eye.
Ive been there several times...I have a photo of me on a Honda XL600 at the deadly force sign back in 95.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 04:22 PM   #50
USP45Tim
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570T
Quote:
The closer you get, the stronger the countermeasures. There are sensors that detect your body heat; cameras strewn about, armed security in Ford Raptors before you even get close to anything important. Most sane people would stop at the signs, though.

I'm rather certain that helicopter gunships aren't out of the question to keep people away from the sensitive stuff.
USP45Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 04:28 PM   #51
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
How do they say cheers?
Old 4 May 2019, 04:30 PM   #52
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
So what is your opinion regarding UFOs?
Mine is;

There are Aliens, probably millions if not billions of different kinds in our universe. However many there are, the distances are simply too great for any visitation.

The day aliens visit us (if they ever, or if they ever could) the whole of planet earth will know whit-in 10 minutes.
Old 4 May 2019, 04:30 PM   #53
timedate
-

we are here because of freak luck or divine intervention, meaning that our planet became set at the perfect distance to the sun, then throw in the oxygen and water,

i believe its all about the sun, too near or too far means no life.

Maybe there is another sun somewhere else with a planet set at the perfect distance.

i would love to meet a martian or similar.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 09:10 PM   #54
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Ive been there several times...I have a photo of me on a Honda XL600 at the deadly force sign back in 95.
The signs are many miles from the "fence line". If you keep going down the road you will encounter the guys with the submachine guns. They are polite, but if you don't leave, they will arrest you.
Old 5 May 2019, 02:18 AM   #55
MARTIN1264
"TRF" Member

A bit more.... https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ent-of-defense

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-baja-surfaces

These are the trained professionals in the US Navy at the time using the most sophisticated radar and tracking system at the time. Plus, the pilots were seasoned. These people saw things that should not move or act like that
MARTIN1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2019, 02:26 AM   #56
Abdullah71601
Banned

The US Navy changed their reporting rules. They are trying to clean up the process, not admitting there are alien life forms visiting Earth.
Old 5 May 2019, 02:35 AM   #57
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Well. I saw one when I was 14 years old. …….. wow I've haven't told anyone that for 50 years.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2019, 02:38 AM   #58
cdnwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Will there be a separate AD waiting list for aliens?
Old 5 May 2019, 02:49 AM   #59
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnwatchguy View Post
Will there be a separate AD waiting list for aliens?
No, but Rolex will bring back the "Space Dweller" model to serve this new market!
Old 5 May 2019, 03:11 AM   #60
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
I believe
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote