The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 June 2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Bucky
"TRF" Member

Tried on some New submersibles

Had to take my 233 up to the Bond st store as it stopped working. It is being sent off to Geneva for a full service just waiting on an estimate. Got to try a few Submersibles on. They offered me £4750/800 for my watch in the condition it was without being serviced. Could trade in and get a submersible and pay the difference.

Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 09:10 PM   #2
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
the pam 1616 looks good!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 09:23 PM   #3
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Looks like fun!

But, tough to trade the 233 for one of those....
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 10:33 PM   #4
Bucky
"TRF" Member

Yep don’t think I would be selling the 233. But the submersibles are nice
Old 13 June 2019, 10:56 PM   #5
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Yep don’t think I would be selling the 233. But the submersibles are nice
those new 42mm submersibles do look nice, colourful and made of different materials, but i think the downgrade of the movement from P9010 to the lesser richmont group movement is a shame.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 11:02 PM   #6
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like the submersibles and just got the 1389. Very different wearing experience than the 233. I like the look of the 233 and the domed crystal is wonderful. The only thing about the 233 is they have always had issues with the movements and functions. Do a little research on them on Paneresti.com and you will see what I mean. I would be tempted to trade out of the 233 for something else that I wanted. By the time you pay for the 1-2K service and go without the watch for the next 8-12 weeks on the short end, with summer vacation coming for the Swiss watch makers. It might be easier to get something else you would enjoy and not absorb the service costs and time for a watch you will be back to have serviced in 2-5 years. Just my thoughts. Also, you should be able to negotiate well on a new Panerai as they are at an all time low on popularity. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2019, 07:15 AM   #7
Bucky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I like the submersibles and just got the 1389. Very different wearing experience than the 233. I like the look of the 233 and the domed crystal is wonderful. The only thing about the 233 is they have always had issues with the movements and functions. Do a little research on them on Paneresti.com and you will see what I mean. I would be tempted to trade out of the 233 for something else that I wanted. By the time you pay for the 1-2K service and go without the watch for the next 8-12 weeks on the short end, with summer vacation coming for the Swiss watch makers. It might be easier to get something else you would enjoy and not absorb the service costs and time for a watch you will be back to have serviced in 2-5 years. Just my thoughts. Also, you should be able to negotiate well on a new Panerai as they are at an all time low on popularity. Good luck.

The estimate came in at £500 so not as bad as 1-2k which you suggested. Turnaround time is 4weeks. Do like the look of the 683 though. Maybe I could eventually add.
Old 14 June 2019, 09:01 AM   #8
itsjknight
"TRF" Member

That 683 looks good on you.
itsjknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 01:16 AM   #9
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
The estimate came in at £500 so not as bad as 1-2k which you suggested. Turnaround time is 4weeks. Do like the look of the 683 though. Maybe I could eventually add.
Not bad, both the cost and turnaround time, for a full service.

Regarding movement issues of the 233, that was relatively common on early serials, especially the PR sticking problem, but has long been corrected.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 01:36 AM   #10
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Not bad, both the cost and turnaround time, for a full service.

Regarding movement issues of the 233, that was relatively common on early serials, especially the PR sticking problem, but has long been corrected.

I don’t own the 233 anymore as I went for something bigger (368); but I researched the 233 a lot since at the time I wanted to buy a preowned dot series. In the end, the Pr indicator slot was too narrow, so if the dial was slightly mis registered, the indicator would not get quite to zero.

That’s why the later pm/am series and the 10 day fang slots are slightly larger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 01:36 AM   #11
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
the pam 1616 looks good!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
They have a new box.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 12:33 AM   #12
lianghee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam, AP, Rolex
Like you, I have sent in my Pam 233 for full servicing today and got the chance to try out a prototype 799! According to the boutique in Singapore over here, the watch will only arrive around Nov/Dec. Is it the same for other countries? I can’t wait to get this watch!

lianghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 12:49 AM   #13
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianghee View Post
Like you, I have sent in my Pam 233 for full servicing today and got the chance to try out a prototype 799! According to the boutique in Singapore over here, the watch will only arrive around Nov/Dec. Is it the same for other countries? I can’t wait to get this watch!

Those Carbotech striations are fantastic on that watch. That is a ”statement watch” for sure.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote