The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 April 2014, 03:27 PM   #1
second time
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
Singapore

I've used the search function on this query to no avail. Has anyone dealt with Luxury Time in Singapore? Their website doesn't work too well, which is not giving me great confidence.
I have no desire to slander what is probably a perfectly legitimate business, but if there is anything I should know please pm me. I'm considering an online purchase for a particular watch which is not currently for sale in our FS section.

Many thanks.
second time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 03:45 PM   #2
kryten2001
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by second time View Post
I've used the search function on this query to no avail. Has anyone dealt with Luxury Time in Singapore? Their website doesn't work too well, which is not giving me great confidence.
I have no desire to slander what is probably a perfectly legitimate business, but if there is anything I should know please pm me. I'm considering an online purchase for a particular watch which is not currently for sale in our FS section.

Many thanks.
I have a lot of experience in dealing with watch stores in Asia (and Singapore in particular), and whilst I have _no_ experience with Luxury Time, I would say be very careful when buying second hand watches from Asia.

Singapore is probably the safest of all Asian countries to buy second hand goods, but Asia is known for "frankenwatches" (ie they are not fake, but many have been butchered or replaced with non genuine parts), you'll have missing links or aftermarket bezels etc. Be very careful with that.

Like I said though I have never dealt with Luxury Time. Strange though as I've visited most watch stores in Singapore over the last few years.

I can however, highly recommend Peng Kwee. They have a lot of stock and are generally very good, although they do their own watch servicing (although I do suspect they all do). Just remember to haggle like crazy because their asking price is at least 30% higher than what they will actually accept.
kryten2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 03:58 PM   #3
second time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten2001 View Post
I have a lot of experience in dealing with watch stores in Asia (and Singapore in particular), and whilst I have _no_ experience with Luxury Time, I would say be very careful when buying second hand watches from Asia.

Singapore is probably the safest of all Asian countries to buy second hand goods, but Asia is known for "frankenwatches" (ie they are not fake, but many have been butchered or replaced with non genuine parts), you'll have missing links or aftermarket bezels etc. Be very careful with that.

Like I said though I have never dealt with Luxury Time. Strange though as I've visited most watch stores in Singapore over the last few years.

I can however, highly recommend Peng Kwee. They have a lot of stock and are generally very good, although they do their own watch servicing (although I do suspect they all do). Just remember to haggle like crazy because their asking price is at least 30% higher than what they will actually accept.
Thanks for your advice, I'll tread carefully.
Old 4 April 2014, 04:00 PM   #4
kryten2001
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for your advice, I'll tread carefully.
Even better, get on a plane and visit. It's a watch lovers delight over there, and there's some great food and enjoyment to be had as well. Wonderful city.

Hong Kong is definitely cheaper (for watches), but it's a smorgasbord of dodgy butchered up watches (in my experience). Be very careful there. Rolex is massive in Singapore, so you will have no end of options where to put your bucks.
Old 4 April 2014, 04:14 PM   #5
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Hi John

I've not dealt with Luxury Time myself but I've not heard anything negative about them.

The grey/used dealers that I have dealt with successfully would be Watch Arena, Passions and Visio Time. Of the three, my pick would be Watch Arena.

Someone recommended Peng Kwee - yes they have a very large inventory but their prices tend to be a tad high.

Hope this helps. I'm sure other TRF members from S'pore will chip in with more feedback.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 05:14 PM   #6
Muzz
"TRF" Member

Watch: MP 18946
I have not dealt with Luxury time but have dealt a lot with Chaun Watch and have been very happy.
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 05:20 PM   #7
second time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singslinger View Post
Hi John

I've not dealt with Luxury Time myself but I've not heard anything negative about them.

The grey/used dealers that I have dealt with successfully would be Watch Arena, Passions and Visio Time. Of the three, my pick would be Watch Arena.

Someone recommended Peng Kwee - yes they have a very large inventory but their prices tend to be a tad high.

Hope this helps. I'm sure other TRF members from S'pore will chip in with more feedback.
Thanks very much for your input, I'll keep those guys in mind.
Old 4 April 2014, 05:22 PM   #8
second time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
I have not dealt with Luxury time but have dealt a lot with Chaun Watch and have been very happy.
Thanks Steve. This forum is a gold mine of good info!
Old 4 April 2014, 05:55 PM   #9
nickb732
"TRF" Member

I can recommend Peng kwee as well.

Nick
nickb732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 07:01 PM   #10
nakedtoes
"TRF" Member

Chuan watch, lu Ann, jw, top hour are the 4 I patronise only.
nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 07:41 PM   #11
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks very much for your input, I'll keep those guys in mind.
No worries. Good luck and happy hunting!
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 07:44 PM   #12
slowhand
"TRF" Member

Have not bought directly from Luxurytime before, but was there yesterday and had a very pleasant experience with the salesperson there, Bob, who was exceedingly friendly.

Luxurytime is actually related to Visiotime, which is has been around for some time. So I think they should be alright.

Peng Kwee actually means "very expensive"in Hokkien, a dialect of Mandarin.. Very apt name indeed~..
slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 08:30 PM   #13
kryten2001
"TRF" Member

You can seriously haggle at peng kwee though... You'd get 30-40 percent off easy, plus they have quality stock across many high end brands.

There's also another joint out in vivo city, but I forget its name...

just don't forget to haggle fellas!

Personally I like to buy new from stores, second hand from trusted sellers here, as they can be your litmus test for crap watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD