The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 30 December 2020, 06:43 AM   #1
telljcl
"TRF" Member

Rolex 78360 Bracelet Authenticity? (Photos)

I'm hoping for some help in determining authenticity on this 78360. It is without clasp or end links, so there is nothing to go on there.

I first noticed the "3" in 78360 isn't the more common "flat top" type I was expecting, but I'm not sure if that is a characteristic of every 78360 that was ever made. I would assume this could likely be a newer one (if it is authentic) as there is essentially no wear on it.

I removed 2 screws to take a look at the thread to shaft transition, so that hopefully will help those of you who know what to look for there. Both screws were the same.

I noticed the center part of the removed link completely slides "closed", and I don't remember my other ones (93150) doing this (see one photo open and another closed), but maybe they do.

Thanks for any insight, and if additional photos would be helpful I'll be glad to post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78360 screw 1.jpg (282.2 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg 78360 print 1.jpg (278.3 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 78360 link open.jpg (290.2 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 78360 link closed.jpg (263.2 KB, 157 views)
telljcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2021, 05:46 AM   #2
telljcl
"TRF" Member

Everything I've found says that it likely isn't authentic, but anyone else have thoughts?
Old 1 January 2021, 06:01 AM   #3
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

Could you share what you've found that shows it is not authentic.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2021, 08:39 AM   #4
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by telljcl View Post
I'm hoping for some help in determining authenticity on this 78360. It is without clasp or end links, so there is nothing to go on there.

I first noticed the "3" in 78360 isn't the more common "flat top" type I was expecting, but I'm not sure if that is a characteristic of every 78360 that was ever made. I would assume this could likely be a newer one (if it is authentic) as there is essentially no wear on it.

I removed 2 screws to take a look at the thread to shaft transition, so that hopefully will help those of you who know what to look for there. Both screws were the same.

I noticed the center part of the removed link completely slides "closed", and I don't remember my other ones (93150) doing this (see one photo open and another closed), but maybe they do.

Thanks for any insight, and if additional photos would be helpful I'll be glad to post.
There were variations in the reference font (flat top vs. round top "3" etc.).

Genuine links do "close" all the way with the screw removed.

That said, the particular bracelet links/screws you have there are no good IMO.

There are/were some very good counterfeit versions of that bracelet, but there are still a few "tells" that can distinguish them from the real thing.
Not keen on divulging that info here, but it's out there if you want to spend the time/effort to find it.

freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2021, 12:19 AM   #5
telljcl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
There were variations in the reference font (flat top vs. round top "3" etc.).

Genuine links do "close" all the way with the screw removed.

That said, the particular bracelet links/screws you have there are no good IMO.

There are/were some very good counterfeit versions of that bracelet, but there are still a few "tells" that can distinguish them from the real thing.
Not keen on divulging that info here, but it's out there if you want to spend the time/effort to find it.

If you don't want to post it here directly, any help in pointing me towards that info so I could read it elsewhere would be appreciated.
Thanks!