The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 January 2021, 05:28 AM   #1
asicuranza
"TRF" Member

Mae71 is a Scammer

Hi Rolex Forums Peeps,

I'm sorry to report that Mae71 is a scammer and you should avoid them at all costs.

I agree to purchase an Omega Speedmaster Professional from Mae71 on December 16, 2020. On December 17, 2020 I wired the money to their account. The seller created a 2-day FedEx label a couple of days later; however, the tracking never updated. It simply said "label created" for days. The expected delivery date came and went and the seller continued to have different excuses and pushed out the date when tracking would be updated, but as expected, that never happened. This tracking number is no longer active.

On January 5, 2021, I asked the seller to cancel the transaction and for a refund. He agreed, but, similar to how he was acting with the tracking number, the refund keeps being delayed. Now we're at the point where multiple times he's said that he's processed my refund, but each time it's been a lie. He's shared clearly photoshopped documents as "proof", but no refund has been issued.

I'm working with my bank, the FBI, the local police, and a lawyer, but as you all know, this is a long and difficult road ahead. I see that this user has already been banned from these forums, so I know there's not much more we can do -- I just wanted to make sure you were all aware... and hopefully no one else fell victim to this piece of crap.

Stay safe, my friends.
asicuranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 07:14 AM   #2
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

The account appears to be banned and it’s probable that the account was hacked (perhaps with some irony I saw a post from Mae71 a few months ago where he blamed somebody for clicking on a phishing link).

Hindsight is 20/20 of course but first of all, wiring money comes with this crazy risk. The Speedmaster is a common enough watch and you’ll find sellers willing to take PayPal or meet face to face without issue. Secondly I noticed his posts recommended contacting him on email. This could be because the scammer knows that the account owner may realize they’ve been hacked and take control of the account again. I know you’ve been in touch with your bank but also call the recipient bank. That account was likely hacked as well and they may have frozen the funds
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 09:37 AM   #3
asicuranza
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVagabound View Post
The account appears to be banned and it’s probable that the account was hacked (perhaps with some irony I saw a post from Mae71 a few months ago where he blamed somebody for clicking on a phishing link).

Hindsight is 20/20 of course but first of all, wiring money comes with this crazy risk. The Speedmaster is a common enough watch and you’ll find sellers willing to take PayPal or meet face to face without issue. Secondly I noticed his posts recommended contacting him on email. This could be because the scammer knows that the account owner may realize they’ve been hacked and take control of the account again. I know you’ve been in touch with your bank but also call the recipient bank. That account was likely hacked as well and they may have frozen the funds
Thanks for the advice. Interestingly enough, Chase is the issuing and receiving bank. They issued a recall for the funds; however, they ask the person to authorize the return -- to which he declined. I'm currently following up with them. I'll keep everyone posted, but it's not looking great for me. :(
asicuranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 10:47 AM   #4
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

That would lead me to believe that it’s their actual account. The police report will be easier since the person who defrauded you isn’t a mysterious person in another country. They’ll be able to find an address, phone number, and real name. Your case actually looks better than many others I’ve seen
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote