The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 October 2017, 04:59 AM   #1
BristolCavendish
Banned

The TRF Pre-Marriage Counselor Thread

Open to all opinions and previous life experiences as each one is valid and pertinent to this topic.

An older co-worker (60 years old) is currently contemplating marriage to a divorcee (aged 52). They have been dating for the past 3 years and she is now pressing for a long-term commitment of sorts. The background info: He has never been married while she has two children (from her previous marriage) in their early 30s with grandchildren ranging from 5 to 9 years of age.

His concern is that he does not want to be inundated with various issues from her past and the thought of having to listen to and/or endure her children's problems (along with the grandchildren running around the house disrupting his 'inner peace' during holidays and visitations) is a disturbing thought.

When asked for my opinion, my basic suggestion was to forego this proposed matrimony and perhaps hook-up with someone younger who is bringing less 'baggage' to the table. In essence, start off with a clean slate.

BTW. Outside of some of the folks here, this guy is a real-life WIS with a nice accumulation/collection of watches (i.e. a VC chronograph and a couple of 4-digit Rolexes) + a '57 Speedster and a Mark I Cobra. I suspect that his being a bachelor for all these years afforded him the opportunity to be somewhat self-centered in his recreational pursuits and ambitions. So why gamble and screw things up now?