The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 October 2015, 11:54 PM   #25591
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Wow, very best of luck Bas!
Thanks Wes!

So the interview was about a 5 month internship I will start in April 2016. They can't say yes at this moment because they're busy with some changes in the building but as they have probably long finished that before April they're pretty positive about this internship.
I'll keep in contact with them and hope it'll be possible to do my internship there.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2015, 11:58 PM   #25592
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Thanks Wes!

So the interview was about a 5 month internship I will start in April 2016. They can't say yes at this moment because they're busy with some changes in the building but as they have probably long finished that before April they're pretty positive about this internship.
I'll keep in contact with them and hope it'll be possible to do my internship there.
That would be really special, Bas!

On a side note, will you get employee pricing on JLCs? ...kind of!
Old 23 October 2015, 03:09 AM   #25593
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd08 View Post
That would be really special, Bas!

On a side note, will you get employee pricing on JLCs? ...kind of!
Hahaha probably not
Old 14 December 2015, 03:02 AM   #25594
phenom
"TRF" Member

Hello all. Rolex and Cartier owner here. Glad to see there are ladies in this forum. I was getting tired of seeing luxury watches on hairy wrists. Hehehe... Keep it up, ladies.
phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2016, 06:10 AM   #25595
SearChart
TechXpert

So I spilled wine on my keyboard last night Fortunately just one key died, so I remapped it not going to spend 50 bucks again.
Old 6 January 2016, 05:52 PM   #25596
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
So I spilled wine on my keyboard last night Fortunately just one key died, so I remapped it not going to spend 50 bucks again.
And another tip from this independent bachelor, do not leave a bag of carrots in your fridge for three weeks. Mine turned black and it's hard to get rid of the funny smell.
Old 7 January 2016, 01:58 AM   #25597
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And another tip from this independent bachelor, do not leave a bag of carrots in your fridge for three weeks. Mine turned black and it's hard to get rid of the funny smell.
Don't worry Bas, I do stupid things everyday. Also I would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2016, 06:44 AM   #25598
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Don't worry Bas, I do stupid things everyday. Also I would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on.
About that.. How's your washing machine?
Old 11 January 2016, 06:49 AM   #25599
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
About that.. How's your washing machine?
Yeah I spent my Saturday night fixing the bloody door. Trying to put the small bar through the spring and latch. The bloody spring, I could never work on watches, haha.

But put it back together and looks ok, although not put a wash on yet.
Old 15 January 2016, 08:00 AM   #25600
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Yeah I spent my Saturday night fixing the bloody door. Trying to put the small bar through the spring and latch. The bloody spring, I could never work on watches, haha.

But put it back together and looks ok, although not put a wash on yet.
Oh I lose my patience with watches quite often It's always the bloody springs... And I have spent quite a few hours (days maybe?) trying to find them or somehow making a new one, because finding the original one is usually impossible.
Old 17 February 2016, 08:06 PM   #25601
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 - 14060M
Hi All,

It has been quite some time since I've been active on the forum. I've been reading more threads lately & getting back in to the swing of the watch world. I'm still having fun expanding my jewel collection, as slow as that is. I like it. :-) With Basel around the corner & my renewed fixation on a blue watch, has led me back to the fold. LOL

I've been keeping well, busy but well. My hand is more or less healed as best as it will. I'm currently having some issues with returning back to work & so I've had to file some grievances. It's all been rather stressful. I'm going to have a bit of trouble getting back to my old unit because of the limitations & restrictions of my hand. ** sigh ** I plug along. My mom is still around & doing pretty good considering the Alzheimers just keeps on going with no signs of letting up. She still knows us although some days she just stares at me. In fact, thats been happening with greater frequency lately. Some days are better than others. My neice & nephew are awesome. As stressful as my whole hand issue has been, I've been able to really cement a great relationship with them while I've been off work. Just took my nephew to see Kung Fu Panda 3...super cute movie.

I hope everyone has been doing well? In good health? Christmas was good? Bass, how's school? Still enjoying it? Fill me in on whats been going on. I think that the Coffeeshop thread hasn't been moving too fast over the last few months. I'm sure there have been some things going on that have changed. Anyone get a new watch? Spill..LOL

Good to be back... :-)
Judy
vitalsignsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2016, 02:27 AM   #25602
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Hi Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsignsrn View Post
Hi All,

It has been quite some time since I've been active on the forum. I've been reading more threads lately & getting back in to the swing of the watch world. I'm still having fun expanding my jewel collection, as slow as that is. I like it. :-) With Basel around the corner & my renewed fixation on a blue watch, has led me back to the fold. LOL

I've been keeping well, busy but well. My hand is more or less healed as best as it will. I'm currently having some issues with returning back to work & so I've had to file some grievances. It's all been rather stressful. I'm going to have a bit of trouble getting back to my old unit because of the limitations & restrictions of my hand. ** sigh ** I plug along. My mom is still around & doing pretty good considering the Alzheimers just keeps on going with no signs of letting up. She still knows us although some days she just stares at me. In fact, thats been happening with greater frequency lately. Some days are better than others. My neice & nephew are awesome. As stressful as my whole hand issue has been, I've been able to really cement a great relationship with them while I've been off work. Just took my nephew to see Kung Fu Panda 3...super cute movie.

I hope everyone has been doing well? In good health? Christmas was good? Bass, how's school? Still enjoying it? Fill me in on whats been going on. I think that the Coffeeshop thread hasn't been moving too fast over the last few months. I'm sure there have been some things going on that have changed. Anyone get a new watch? Spill..LOL

Good to be back... :-)
Judy
Glad to see you are doing OK....all my free time is spent working/playing with my Mustang GT I bought back in Oct.
I got an IWC aquatimer chrono back in the summer but I have lost interest in watches with the car and I'm looking for an older Mustang right now....going to Dallas sat to look at a 71 mach 1. Wife had a brain aneurysm back in Nov removed and she still by as one more to go.
Since I've been on methadone for a year I've gained 12 pounds.....not good. ....but it works on pain, some days it makes you tied and all you want to do is sleep.
Maybe Lisa and some of the old gang will come back one day.....
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2016, 02:01 PM   #25603
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Bass, did you get a job with Richmond? How exciting!
Old 22 March 2016, 01:30 PM   #25604
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Hi Guys & Gals...
I have something I want to vent about. I know there will be no answers at the moment but if anyone has an opinion about my predicament, I'd like to hear it. Been having a bit of a tuff time wearing my Sub (14060M) since the cast came off my left hand about 8 months ago. I didn't realize I had lost a lot of muscle in my my hand/wrist area. So much so that when I wear the Sub, all I feel is if I have a brick on my wrist. Never had this issue before my injury. I've gotten in the habit of wearing my Datejust with Jubilee because its really quite the opposite in weight & comfort. Over this last week especially, I've been forcing myself to wear the Sub from awakening to bedtime. I could always "feel" the watch which was a feeling I liked. When the final cast came off, again was the 1st watch on my wrist. There was a difference in how it fit. Was a bit hard, but I thought its just because of muscle atrophy. Once the muscle returns, I'll be good again. Well, then I ended up having surgery & only after that cast was removed 8 weeks later did I realize how much muscle loss I experienced. I though It would be built up by now but it's not. ** sigh ** I haven't made a decision as to what to do with my Sub but realistically I probably need to sell it but it is my grail, & I love it so that will be hard to do. I think I might need to buy another DJ like I had always planned & cap my watches at 36-38 max in size. Ya, I was mad yet again Tudor nor Rolex came up with a 36mm Sub or even the Tudor Black bay 36 is only available in black. I look forward to trying on the YM In the 37mm but my issue with it in the past was because of the price tag of that watch as I suspect my views on it will be the same. ** sigh ** I don't know what do to. Certainly keeping the watch is the easiest solution but do I want to keep it in the bank for ever? I would have loved to give it to my nephew in about 17 yrs when he graduates University. I guess I might have to reevaluate what I want. I sure don't want 3-4 Datejusts! I'm open to Tudor but nothing I'm too pleased with right now. My cousin did mention she would consider buying her husband a Sub or Seamster for his 60th bday in December. I might have to talk to her & see if somehow I can keep the watch in the family. I'll be sitting on this choice for a while. Oh finally, I am happy with my DJ white dial, roman numerals, jubilee bracelet & fluted bezel. There is absolutely no reason I will need to sell this one. It's a keeper.
Old 22 March 2016, 05:43 PM   #25605
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Hi Guys & Gals...
I have something I want to vent about. I know there will be no answers at the moment but if anyone has an opinion about my predicament, I'd like to hear it. Been having a bit of a tuff time wearing my Sub (14060M) since the cast came off my left hand about 8 months ago. I didn't realize I had lost a lot of muscle in my my hand/wrist area. So much so that when I wear the Sub, all I feel is if I have a brick on my wrist. Never had this issue before my injury. I've gotten in the habit of wearing my Datejust with Jubilee because its really quite the opposite in weight & comfort. Over this last week especially, I've been forcing myself to wear the Sub from awakening to bedtime. I could always "feel" the watch which was a feeling I liked. When the final cast came off, again was the 1st watch on my wrist. There was a difference in how it fit. Was a bit hard, but I thought its just because of muscle atrophy. Once the muscle returns, I'll be good again. Well, then I ended up having surgery & only after that cast was removed 8 weeks later did I realize how much muscle loss I experienced. I though It would be built up by now but it's not. ** sigh ** I haven't made a decision as to what to do with my Sub but realistically I probably need to sell it but it is my grail, & I love it so that will be hard to do. I think I might need to buy another DJ like I had always planned & cap my watches at 36-38 max in size. Ya, I was mad yet again Tudor nor Rolex came up with a 36mm Sub or even the Tudor Black bay 36 is only available in black. I look forward to trying on the YM In the 37mm but my issue with it in the past was because of the price tag of that watch as I suspect my views on it will be the same. ** sigh ** I don't know what do to. Certainly keeping the watch is the easiest solution but do I want to keep it in the bank for ever? I would have loved to give it to my nephew in about 17 yrs when he graduates University. I guess I might have to reevaluate what I want. I sure don't want 3-4 Datejusts! I'm open to Tudor but nothing I'm too pleased with right now. My cousin did mention she would consider buying her husband a Sub or Seamster for his 60th bday in December. I might have to talk to her & see if somehow I can keep the watch in the family. I'll be sitting on this choice for a while. Oh finally, I am happy with my DJ white dial, roman numerals, jubilee bracelet & fluted bezel. There is absolutely no reason I will need to sell this one. It's a keeper.
I would keep it .....and do some arm/wrist strength exercises for 3-4 months and evaluate again at that time. In my own experience i tend not to re-buy something that expensive once i sell it.
The only 36mm dive watch that i know of is Omega Seamaster but they are quartz I think.

Good Luck! with whatever you decide to do....and try to post more, I miss reading your stuff.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2016, 06:42 PM   #25606
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Bass, did you get a job with Richmond? How exciting!
No, I ended up with Rolex. Which is even more exciting
Old 22 March 2016, 08:17 PM   #25607
Matt C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116660
Quote:
Hi Guys & Gals...

Maybe try to find a good deal
On a used YM 37mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2016, 02:20 AM   #25608
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Hi All..

Bas...ROLEX?? That is exciting! LOL LOL I hope they give their employees a great discount! Or maybe you can buy from the Odds N Sods bin.. You know, in case a watchmaker is asleep & puts the DJ hands in the Explorer body. LMAO Like that would ever happen at Rolex. hahahahahahaha

Greg..thanks for the advice. I don't shy away from using my left hand. I am right handed so naturally I do favour my right hand but I make a point of using my left. I'll have to ramp up the exercises. Omega Seamaster does come in a 36mm auto. While I like the ceramic bezel, I don't like the skeleton hands. I think the sword hands looked much nicer. I can overlook that I guess but if the watch is going to be $4K + for me, I should absolutely love all of it without compromising such a big detail like the hands. ** sigh **.
I don't post much in here I guess because all the girls are gone & are busy with their young families or new projects. Maybe they will come back. I needed a bit of a break from here & I came back. LOL

Matt, the old 35mm YM was nice enough but it was at a premium because of the bezel. I liked the blue one ok but I liked the blue datejust with sticks better so I sort of "saved" my blue dial option for that one. I want variety in my collection & not have the same style of watch over & over again or overlap colours too much. For my black dial, I always wanted a diver, a Sub. I got it & have been very happy with it until now I'm finding it hard to wear. Perhaps I'll follow Greg's advice & do my hand exercises while wearing the watch, that will add a bit of resistance. LOL
Old 26 April 2016, 05:10 AM   #25609
PrinceT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi All..

Bas...ROLEX?? That is exciting! LOL LOL I hope they give their employees a great discount! Or maybe you can buy from the Odds N Sods bin.. You know, in case a watchmaker is asleep & puts the DJ hands in the Explorer body. LMAO Like that would ever happen at Rolex. hahahahahahaha

Greg..thanks for the advice. I don't shy away from using my left hand. I am right handed so naturally I do favour my right hand but I make a point of using my left. I'll have to ramp up the exercises. Omega Seamaster does come in a 36mm auto. While I like the ceramic bezel, I don't like the skeleton hands. I think the sword hands looked much nicer. I can overlook that I guess but if the watch is going to be $4K + for me, I should absolutely love all of it without compromising such a big detail like the hands. ** sigh **.
I don't post much in here I guess because all the girls are gone & are busy with their young families or new projects. Maybe they will come back. I needed a bit of a break from here & I came back. LOL

Matt, the old 35mm YM was nice enough but it was at a premium because of the bezel. I liked the blue one ok but I liked the blue datejust with sticks better so I sort of "saved" my blue dial option for that one. I want variety in my collection & not have the same style of watch over & over again or overlap colours too much. For my black dial, I always wanted a diver, a Sub. I got it & have been very happy with it until now I'm finding it hard to wear. Perhaps I'll follow Greg's advice & do my hand exercises while wearing the watch, that will add a bit of resistance. LOL

nice.. how about some wrist shots! would love to see them ha
PrinceT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2016, 04:23 AM   #25610
SearChart
TechXpert

Hey Coffeeshop! Been a while since anyone posted here, maybe we can get it going again.

Here are some pictures of my short Switzerland trip. I went to visit a friend in Winterthur.
I biked to Zürich to meet up with Karl (Vincent65) on Saturday and see the beautiful city (crazy amounts of supercars and classic cars there).
On Sunday I did a 70km bicycle tour through the countryside of northern Switserland and visited the Greifensee.

My friend is doing an internship there and couldn;t get more time off so I went back home after three days.

I will resume my internship next Monday, back to RSC again

EDIT> Pictures don't seem to upload..
Old 11 August 2016, 04:27 AM   #25611
SearChart
TechXpert

Zürich.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160806_105332085[1].jpg (74.7 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160806_134820791[1].jpg (121.9 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160806_113243246[1].jpg (96.8 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160806_132814153_HDR[1].jpg (100.3 KB, 223 views)
Old 11 August 2016, 04:31 AM   #25612
SearChart
TechXpert

Greifensee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160807_122136561[1].jpg (60.5 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160807_124711569[1].jpg (138.5 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160807_124740702[1].jpg (114.7 KB, 223 views)
Old 12 August 2016, 11:41 AM   #25613
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Hi Bas, looks so pretty in Zurich, I will visit someday.

Hope the internship is going well, sounds like it is.
Old 12 August 2016, 05:58 PM   #25614
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Hi Bas, looks so pretty in Zurich, I will visit someday.

Hope the internship is going well, sounds like it is.
It's a beautiful city
It's going great, I'm now going to focus on the older Rolex movements, various Omega movements and maybe chronographs.
Old 14 August 2016, 02:31 AM   #25615
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Good day everyone,

I haven't posted in the Coffeeshop in a while but I wanted to say hi. I told Bas that I had added a few pieces in my collection, I would like to share some pictures but I have a new phone and can't figure out how to upload pictures on my computer just yet (you know how good I am with the tekmology...). There's a few from various brands so it would be easier to post everything in here I guess.

I hope everybody is doing well, I look forward to hearing from you.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2016, 02:35 AM   #25616
SearChart
TechXpert

Caaaarrlllllll, you're back!

Looking forward to the pictures (if you manage to upload them that is)
Old 14 August 2016, 08:27 AM   #25617
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Caarrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Old 22 August 2016, 02:56 AM   #25618
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Nice pic's Bas
Old 22 August 2016, 02:58 AM   #25619