The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 February 2018, 06:18 AM   #1
krattzz
Banned

Watch: GMT BLNR
Just Got it from the UK

This beautiful Omega Chronograph Olympic Edition London 1948 just showed up via DHL from the folks at Fellows Auction House. Now I just have to track down a manuel as it came with international warranty card. Auction said it came with papers, just card came with it, no "papers". Still a beautiful watch!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
krattzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 07:23 AM   #2
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

And is it all working as it should ? I know you were concerned as it had not been tested.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 07:25 AM   #3
krattzz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
And is it all working as it should ? I know you were concerned as it had not been tested.
Yes, so far so good. Now just need to get a manual for this specific piece. Said "with papers" but only thing that came was a plastic warranty card. It is beautiful though, condition is stellar and looks great on the wrist.

Old 7 February 2018, 08:00 AM   #4
TimeRookie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Good for you! I’m glad it worked out for you. It looks great!
Pelagos 42mm
Explorer II 226570
TimeRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 09:29 AM   #5
krattzz
Banned

Thanks TM!
Old 7 February 2018, 05:30 PM   #6
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Fairly sure that when they say with papers, it would mean the warranty card and maybe not the manual. Either way, hope you can pick one up from somewhere.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 10:03 PM   #7
krattzz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Fairly sure that when they say with papers, it would mean the warranty card and maybe not the manual. Either way, hope you can pick one up from somewhere.
Yes, Been, the Director said that I should have called to verify there were papers. Why I have to call to verify when it's said PAPERS is disconcerting to me. He had long, practiced answers to these questions which means he's good at damage control. Plus he sent me a link because I told him that was one on chrono24 for $300 less link you sent me was 1 in Euros that was actually $800 more than I paid. So I resent him as the link so he tried to pull a fast one there as well. Here is the link I sent him after he sent me a link for the same watch in Euros that is listed $800 higher. Thing is he tried a bait and switch and it didn't work. https://www.chrono24.com/omega/olymp...-id7646344.htm

Old 7 February 2018, 10:04 PM   #8
krattzz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krattzz View Post
Yes, Been, the Director said that I should have called to verify there were papers. Why I have to call to verify when it's said PAPERS is disconcerting to me. He had long, practiced answers to these questions which means he's good at damage control. Plus he sent me a link because I told him that was one on chrono24 for $300 less link you sent me was 1 in Euros that was actually $800 more than I paid. So I resent him as the link so he tried to pull a fast one there as well. Here is the link I sent him after he sent me a link for the same watch in Euros that is listed $800 higher. Thing is he tried a bait and switch and it didn't work. https://www.chrono24.com/omega/olymp...-id7646344.htm

Ben not Been. He's the Operations Director.

Old 8 February 2018, 02:34 AM   #9
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krattzz View Post

I really don't understand what you are trying to say.

If you found one on Chrono24, $300 cheaper did you find it before the auction or have you found it since and you are complaining about the price you have paid.

It's an auction, no one forced you to bid to the price you paid.
Old 8 February 2018, 02:57 AM   #10
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Also, the link you show to the Omega for sale is cheap for a reason, it's not on an Omega strap, nor is it in the correct box.

You should do your homework.......

Old 8 February 2018, 05:28 AM   #11
krattzz
Banned

Quote:
I really don't understand what you are trying to say.

If you found one on Chrono24, $300 cheaper did you find it before the auction or have you found it since and you are complaining about the price you have paid.

It's an auction, no one forced you to bid to the price you paid.
What I'm saying is the auction said it came with papers and there were none. The item on Chrono24 was from a seller that had not much of a history. One of the users here made a comment that fellows is sometimes expensive and I was just verifying that since you're being so inquisitive.

Old 8 February 2018, 05:29 AM   #12
krattzz
Banned

Quote:
Also, the link you show to the Omega for sale is cheap for a reason, it's not on an Omega strap, nor is it in the correct box.

You should do your homework.......

It is an Omega strap so I have no idea what you're talking about. I noticed there's a lot of you Knuckleheads on these boards.

Old 8 February 2018, 08:44 AM   #13
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

I was pointing out that the link you listed, the watch was on a non Omega strap and in the wrong box.

But what would I know, I'm a knucklehead, who was trying to help you out, but won't bother in the future, with people who moan on.
Old 8 February 2018, 08:52 AM   #14
krattzz
Banned

Quote:
I was pointing out that the link you listed, the watch was on a non Omega strap and in the wrong box.

But what would I know, I'm a knucklehead, who was trying to help you out, but won't bother in the future, with people who moan on.
The strap I just posted is the one is that link and is an Omega strap. I appreciate you pointing that out but you are incorrect. Also, the watch did not come with the box, only the Intl Warranty Card.

Old 8 February 2018, 09:52 AM   #15
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Jesus, you really are dim.

In post 7 on this thread, you put a link to a watch that is for sale on Chrono24

I stated, that this watch in your link is on a non Omega strap and is not in the correct box. I'm not talking about the watch you received from Fellows auctions.

This is an image of the non Omega strap

Old 8 February 2018, 08:39 PM   #16
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

I hope you enjoy your watch !!

I think it's a fantastic piece.
Old 14 February 2018, 09:15 AM   #17
krattzz
Banned

Lucky I am ignoring a certain person here. The good news is today I took my new accusition to the Omega store near me and they did a comp checkup. There are no issues, it's watertight, and in excellent condition. They tech in the back told me the person that had this watch hardly wore it. So, even though an auction like Fellows can be tenious, it can also send positive outcomes.

Old 15 February 2018, 03:30 AM   #18
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

I don't care if you are ignoring me, enjoy your new watch.