The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 June 2017, 11:25 AM   #1
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
SCAM: Andrew Brauze, abrauze01@gmail.com

This guy is advertising a black dial Explorer II Ref. 116570 for $3500 over at Chronocentric. Once I contacted them via email and asked for his best price, he lowered it to $2500 immediately and wanted a wire right away in order to hold that price. I said I wanted references and he basically danced around it getting mad that I didn't "trust" him...LOL. He then said he'd lower the wire to $1000 and that I could send him the balance once I received the watch and that he was putting a lot of trust I'm me...more LOL...

I said I'd be willing to do Paypal and he said his Paypal account kind messed up because of a refund he was trying to do...yeah, right....

I asked him to give me his wire info and address and that I'd have some LE contacts look into it to make sure everything lines up and that he's legit. He gets very irate at this point and says I'm trying to scam him. I tell let him know that I have over a decade of solid purchase and sales references spanning several forums and eBay and I'd be more than happy to provide them....he calls me a lowlife and stops responding...

The name he used: Andrew Brauze and Kim Summers
Email: abrauze01 at gmail.com

Also said "Kim Summers" is his step daughter as he first used that name to respond (first of many red flags). Also, the name "Kim Summers Watches" is photoshopped onto a evaluation sheet that was done by Pomerance Boutique in Essex, England but states that he's in Texas. No serial number (full or partial) is show in the ad. He has a extra link and a extra case back in the pictures but never mentions it. So many red flags...

Here's one of the picts:

Last edited by 116710er; 28 June 2017 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: corrections, updates, etc..
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2017, 11:40 AM   #2
116710er
"TRF" Member

Confirmed kill on this one, I found the original eBay ad where stole the picture from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172726093467
Old 28 June 2017, 12:58 PM   #3
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
NICE! I love weeding out the scammers. Great job. Another one bites the dust!
roaddog359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 09:49 PM   #4
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Well he may indeed be a scammer I do not see these as the same pictures. In the original one there is the green hang tag and thread and metal piece back opener. In the one pictured here they do not exist but there is also a Rolex pouch and receipt from Pomerance. While clearly a photo shopped Kim Summers onto the appraisal I believe it is the same watch with different pictures. All that being said the seller would never be have my respect.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 04:02 AM   #5
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Good catch.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 02:31 PM   #6
rolehex
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

good work sir!
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 06:45 PM   #7
116710er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfrank View Post
Well he may indeed be a scammer I do not see these as the same pictures. In the original one there is the green hang tag and thread and metal piece back opener. In the one pictured here they do not exist but there is also a Rolex pouch and receipt from Pomerance. While clearly a photo shopped Kim Summers onto the appraisal I believe it is the same watch with different pictures. All that being said the seller would never be have my respect.
Just edited this post since I found the original matching scam ad's photoshopped photos...

Here's a way you tell, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that we're talking about the exact same piece of paper even if they're different shots of it (like the one included in my first post). Take a look at the hand written date on both of the valutation papers and look at where the loop in the signature intersects the dotted line. They are exactly the same in every respect. Even if you're dating and signing multiple sheets one right after another, the chances that you'd sign and date it EXACTLY the same is pretty much nil. I don't think you could do that even if you were trying.

Also, I contacted the eBay seller and he confirmed that those were all his photos.
Old 10 July 2017, 06:50 PM   #8
116710er
"TRF" Member

Found the other photo this scammer used...you can CLEARLY see that it's the same set of photos. The scammer might have scanned the eBay seller's photobucket (or whatever he was using) account to pull additional photos not used in the eBay listing.

Here's the scammer's photoshopped pict:

This is the original seller's photo from that eBay listing:

So...any doubts now? ;)
Old 11 July 2017, 01:38 AM   #9
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

Unbelievable. Good work.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 02:09 AM   #10
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member